Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#359975 Sep 4th, 2012 at 03:14 PM
OP Offline
So I'm not exactly from Boston... as I'm a college student I actually bounce between 3 different towns that I "live" in throughout the year, all of them pretty close to Boston.

So me: I'm 21 years old. I'm in my senior year of undergrad, majoring in psychology, minoring in English.

I've grown up with house plants- My mother had a lot of them but is pretty awful at taking care of them. When my grandmother would baby sit me she would show me how to take care of my mothers plants and I was fascinated. It was my grandmother who first showed me that many plants can be propagated by putting a cutting in water and growing roots. But what really sold me was when she started teaching me the names of plants. I couldn't get over them all having names! In middle school I decided that I wanted to own a green house. I went to an agricultural high school where I majored in Floriculture and spent many hours of each day working in the green houses there. It was wonderful! But somewhere along the lines I realized I wanted to grow my own plants simply because I love plants- I didn't want to mass-produce them for the money.

I know this is a long introduction but I swear I'm almost done! As I stated, I'm a big fan of propagation and so my collection of plants is mostly made from cuttings of my mother's plants. Which means we now own more African Violets than we know what to do with. Ep! I also grow a variety of other plants which I won't list just now. To see some of my plants you can view my plant blog: http://florigirl.tumblr.com/
Not all of my plants are shown there but a decent chunk of them are. See you all around!

-Chrisy

Ive loved houseplants ever since I was a kid, my grandmother taught me. Majored in Floriculture in High School.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Welcome to the forum! wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
OP Offline
Thank you!

Ive loved houseplants ever since I was a kid, my grandmother taught me. Majored in Floriculture in High School.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by ShinyDragonfly
I'm in my senior year of undergrad, majoring in psychology

Please stick around here...I am always in need of a psychologist.... touched

Come down to the Banter Hall forum and get to know us....we chat in the Coffeehouse there.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #360064 Sep 9th, 2012 at 02:38 PM
OP Offline
Haha I do plan to stick around! And I'm always open to talk about anything if you really do need a friend. Though I'm not sure if I'd even notice a message- don't really know much about this site yet.

Thanks for the invitation! I'll check it out!

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi, glad to have you with us...

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Welcome to Forum :)

OP Offline
Thanks all

Welcome to the site :)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image