Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Last year was my first year for my green house. I had some problems, but this year is really kicking me in the &^%! I have had good results with some things, but now I think my tomatoes have Septoria leaf spot. I looked at all kinds of pictures and I'm pretty sure this is it. So, I cut off all the branches that had leaves that had the spots, bought a fungucide that said it got rid of Septoria and now I am hoping for the best. I immediately put my clothes and gloves in the washer, and washed my sissors with bleach...any thing else I should be doing? Can this transfer to my pole beans which are next to my tomatoes? cry I feel like I am running around in circles this year. I am glad CO is getting rain, but I wish we would get some too!

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
We get a blight on our tomatoes here with the leaf bit.. Last couple years.

Or fungus?????Spray didnt help.
Like what comes around goes around.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
So if the spray didn't help did the plants just die?

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
yep

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
boohoo

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Was transplanting posies yesterday an had a v necked top on..
What happened? Stupid Japanese beetle went right down the front..OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
10k Posts
10k Posts
yikes

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
blush

Today was a better day.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1 White glad
2 lily
3 Dahlia I grew from seeds inside,(IN the dirt)

Last edited by dodge; Jul 12th, 2012 at 07:37 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Beautiful Blooms, Dodge! But ohhhhhhhhhhh so sorry about the beetle! I had a bee fly down my shirt once when I was driving! I can laugh now, but it was a miracle we didn't wreck!

I did get out yesterday and pulled my last remaining broccoli plants and cleaned up the bed so I can plant some carrots. Would have done it yesterday, but it just got too hot. Think I'll get out there before I gotta run for the day and get some seeds in the ground!

It has been a week and no new spots on my tomatoes!?! I can only hope. But the spider mites are now attacking my green beans boohoo If it ain't one thing it is another!!

Have a great Friday flwr

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I have finally gotten outdoors to do some work. I have raked up much of the storm damage. I have six largish piles to be hauled to the green waste dump (here on the ranch). And I have been repairing sprinklers. I use a lot of micro sprinklers and they clog easily with any grit in the water. Our water is not filtered for possible grit, so that is a constant here. I am just not as consistent with the repairs and cleaning as I should be. I should also flush the lines more often and that would save me lots of labor too. I am what I am.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Today I mowed, weeded, trimmed, edged and hoed. I can see I also need to divide some hostas..they have gotten too big for where they are.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
the other day I planted carrot seeds where I had pulled up the last of my broccoli and cauliflower. Seems a little late, but I'm hoping they'll make ok. This is an outside bed. With this heat we have been having I am fighting spider mites. I pulled my bush green beans, I couldn't seem to get rid of the mites. I broke down and got some sevin and it still didn't work. I would spray and the next day they would be back. Oh well, I just trying to fight the good fight! but I think the bugs are going to win this war. nervous

No one I've talked to is having very good luck with their tomatoes this year. Good to know I am not alone, but wonder what it could be. I have lots of flowers and the flowers die with out producing. None of us gardeners in this town are seeing any bees. Could it be too hot for the bees??? There is nothing blooming in the prairie and usually something is blooming. Our prairie grass only got about 4 inches high, when it usually gets 3 ft high. We had such and early warm spring, my crabapple tree looked like it had snow on it from all the blooms. I would walk by the tree and it looked the the tree moved for all the different kinds of bees shifting from one blossom to another. My cucumber plants are nice, but not producing any fruit. The flowers are easy to see, so lately I have been out with my q-tip trying to pollinate them. I don't think I make a very good bee! Do pepper plants need to get pollinated? I seem to be having pretty good luck there. Just planted banana peppers and green chilies. Have had lots of banana peppers, and the green chilies are starting to produce. They say WY gardeners are "challenge gardeners" and I am really feeling challenged this year! (Read it in the paper. Some muckity-muck from the college in Laramie!)

Well off to fight the good fight. A bad day in my garden is still better than a good day at work!

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Here's a picture of the foxglove I used to have. They were grown from seed that someone sent me. I can't remember who.

[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Very pretty, Sheri. I think all of mine have bitten the dust for now. I will get more seeds soon and start again.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Bobbie, the extreme heat keeps the bees from pollinating. So sorry...I also pollinate here with q-tips. thumbup

Well this morning I picked potato bugs...I have never seen them this bad.

Thanks, Sunflowers. There is just so much to learn!! And every year we face new challenges. Thanks for the heads up about the heat and the bees. I'll just keep playing bee and try and pollenate! So sorry about your potatoe bugs, yuck. They must be kind a big...you have to pick them off? That is one thing I haven't dealt with....yet!

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
No, the bugs are tiny..makes them hard to catch.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
This morning I harvested 3 zucchini & 3 tomatoes. Then I cleaned up & pruned my prickly pear. After that I deadheaded & weeded a large part of my flowers, and cut back my prickly pear. had a bath & breakfast w/ coffee. Puppies fed also.

I think that a nap is the next order of business.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Leafhoppers on my potato plants rspb

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLOSED~~~~~~~~~~~~~new one opened~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image