Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#358341 Jun 29th, 2012 at 10:33 AM
OP Offline
Hello forum,
I hope that you can find it in your heart to help me. I'm new at a job and have been systematically killing my Boss's office plants. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Plant One
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I've been hiding the dead leaves.... frown

Plant Two
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This one is looking quite bad...

Plant Three
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Not so bad, but still...

I don't even know what kind of plants they are and can't ask him.
I lay myself at your knowledgeable feet.

Coop

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
How often are you watering?

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Jean_Smith
Unregistered
Jean_Smith
Unregistered
Most houseplant, with the exception of cacti and succulents, like high humidity. Misting is a way to raise humidity, but you'll need to do it several times a day to be effective. Often, heat or dry conditions can cause plant foliage tips to turn brown and dry out. If this occurs, use scissors to cut off the browned tips at an angle.

Large, smooth-leaved plants are frequently collectors of dust. In normal housekeeping chores, wash or wipe away dust to keep the plant attractive and to keep it photosynthesizing at its best.

Foliage that turns yellow and falls off indicates many different things: too much or too little light; high temperature; overwatering or poor drainage; too much or too little fertilizer; or polluted air. A certain amount of yellowing foliage and leaf drop is normal and should be expected.

Check growing conditions to see if any could be causing the problem. Make sure the plant is not too hot, wet, or dry; has the right amount of light; and has enough fresh air.

OK, the 2 plants you show are an anthurium - the first one- and a schefflera. You don't worry about misting office plants, what you need to do is water them correctly. Perhaps you could quietly find an interior landscape co - they're listed in the yellow pages under Plants - and see what they would charge to care for your boss's plants - 5 or 6 plants could be as little as $50 per month -then pressent the plan to him. If that's not possible, in a nutshell, don't water the plants until the soil is dry 1/3rd of the way down the pot for the anthurium, and 2/3 of the way down the pot for the scheff. Treat other plants essentially the same way. Good luck.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image