Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#358330 Jun 29th, 2012 at 07:20 AM
OP Offline
Hello.

I am having trouble with an Increidball Hydrangea I received as a gift from my mom last year and which I planted last spring. It did great all last year and had a great start this year. However this last week the back of the plant has started to die off. At first it just looked like it needed water (drooping) but I made sure it was watered well and it continued to droop and shrivel up. The section that is dying off does not have a broken stem either. I was wondering if anybody could give me some help in discovering what is causing this and if there is anything I can do to save the plant. It's just so beautiful when it's blooming I would hate to lose it.

I have found grubs in our soil in the past and our lawn isn't doing the greatest (too much heat and not enough rain and I am not willing to raise my water bill for grass!) but all of our plants (we have a big front garden and a decent sized veggie garden for a subdivision) are doing great.

Thank you for any help that you can give me!

I cannot find a way to upload a picture but the link below leads to a posting I made on another site with a picture of the plant.
[img]http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hydra/msg0610582013633.html?2[/img]

Last edited by Winter11; Jun 29th, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Winter11 #358518 Jul 5th, 2012 at 08:18 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'd say...root damage. Just leave it and cut off what doesn't come back.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image