Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#356452 May 4th, 2012 at 04:00 PM
OP Offline
Just thought I'd mention this since Cindy brought it up a while back. There is another Diamond Pet Food recall. People are getting salmonella after handling dry dog food, then not washing their hands and ingesting or spreading the salmonella. There are no reports of pet illness, but dogs can get it and it can make them very sick. Just thought y'all would like to know. I don't know if I can post a link here but it includes Taste of the Wild, which if I remember correctly, Jimmy was planning to switch to. I also switched to it. It's only specific batches but it covers lots of brands.~Beth~

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
WOW!!!!! I rest my case!!!!!

Processed pet foods are freaking NASTY!!!!
After watching the video of the processing of pet food I have "opted out".
Spartacus eats raw steak, chicken, fish....he loves baby shrimp (buy them in one pound bags frozen and thaw out a handful at a time under running water). Yes, I spend a lot of time preparing his food (he's a large cat, and eats constantly) but I would be lost if something happened to him...and especially if something bad happened to him because I fed him processed/packaged/store-bought food made from dead rotted animal carcasses with "additives" and preservatives...etc...
The pet foods that have chicken as the 'main ingredient' don't really have chicken MEAT in them...it's the skin, feathers, beaks, feet...the parts that are left over that would be thrown in the trash.

OK...stepping down off my soap box again... blush
Thank you, Beth! thumbup

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
OP Offline
You are welcome. So far no recall for cat food, but you never know. If I had only the one small dog, I would cook for her, but these other 3 big beasts eat too much. I am just crossing my fingers I am not poisoning them. Spartacus is a lucky cat!

Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Diamond again ? Why am I not surprised I would feed that crap to my worst enemy. I change to Victor love and my dogs love it no seeds has chicken fat but dogs waste has cleared up and they are no longer Hungary all the time. With 6 dogs with one being a 100 pound black lab mix I don't cook for them only for my parrots haha

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image