Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#356333 May 1st, 2012 at 01:21 AM
OP Offline
Hi everyone - I've been following along but not much to say so I haven't posted in a while. My garden has nothing in it yet. I haven't started anything or purchased a single seed. Have I waited too long? I don't know what the heck is wrong with me. I can't motivate myself to do anything lately.
~Beth~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
We all go through spells like that, Beth. I hope you can shake yourself out of it soon. It is not too late for summer crops for you if you find your motivation. But if you need to reserve yourself for your family, maybe a garden will wait for a year.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
I just bought my seeds yesterday. This year is the first year I'm gardening in 5 years. I had to take care of my little ones instead of playing in the dirt. This year they are finally big enough to occupy themselves or help while I'm working out there. I've missed playing in the dirt!

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
what they said, beth. Plus you could always buy starter plants if you felt it was too late in the year for seeds...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
OP Offline
Thank you Tina, Jenn, and Carol. :ding: I am going to go out looking today for a few seeds or plants. I wish we had some nurseries that were more fun to shop at. The nice ones in my area have closed down. There are a couple others that are a little bit of a drive and the service and selection aren't great. Maybe our farmer's market will have some good stuff this weekend. Last year I got some delicious heirloom tomatoes from the market.
Thanks for your support everyone. I am digging deep to keep going.
~Beth~

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
at our local farmer's market there is a plant lady that comes each week
if you have the same at your market, perhaps you could find out where they are located---or request what youi would like to buy be brought the following week-- why

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Around here, we don't put our gardens in until the May long Wknd which usually falls in the 3rd week of May, and even then we have to watch for frost. I usually plant my vegetable seeds such as carrots, beets, potato's, peppers, lettuce, peas, straight into the garden. I plant tomato's plants and sprout my beans last. I buy my flowers from the Nursery.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,813
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image