40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
wavy A Happy Easter's Eve to you all !!! wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I was too tired to stick around and open a new coffee house last night when I came in. I am glad Bill did.
I have no major plans for the day. I will go with the family flow today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning. Slept great last night, took a sleeping pill for the first time, and I feel amazing today. Joey is 13 today and we are soon to go out to do some go-cart racing and velcro wall sticking. I'm like a child who is ridiculously excited to fling myself onto a wall of velcro. Hope everyone has a great day!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you slept so well, Cheryl. I am afraid of sleeping pills. So I never have. Happy Birthday to Joey. Throwing yourself against wall sounds fun (when I was younger).

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
today I started the day on 4 hours sleep.....then I did major grocery shopping (guy gave me the wrong color mulch too egad) & then I used the lawn sweeper on the yard--then on to cooking & cleaning, cleaning, cleaning--now back to cooking----oh did I mention washing rugs??? rolz

I hope everyone had a great day..

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
What a great day! I didn't race but I did the velcro wall. Not quite what I was expecting but still a lot of fun. I think most of the fun was watching each other, hilarious. Joey made a lot money for his 13th birthday, lucky kid. He had a lot fun and got to have his favorite dinner and I made my famous cheesecake for him. I found a little single serving of gluten free cheesecake so I got to join in on the cheesecake eating too. Good stuff. Now my stomach hurts but it was worth it.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sounds like fun for all today, Cheryl.
Carol, are you having company for tomorrow?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all, it's been a busy weekend. Took the grandbaby back last night....we are having a big snowstorm at the moment. So today will be a 'finish housecleaning day' since I will be here by myself all day and evening.

Happy Easter to you all, hoping your day is filled with laughter and family...a little chocolate never hurts either thumbup

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I'll take dark chocolate, please! And a Happy Easter to all.
I have no big plans today. Ted has school tomorrow so we will get ready for the new week. Kind of a usual Sunday for us. But a very pleasant one.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Dang...I have had a lot of trouble trying to stay on the internet (Thank you, Time Warner!).
Last night I finally got a post typed up in here and when I tried to post it I wasn't on the internet...(again). Frustrating.

Happy Easter!

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry, Cindy. I hope you get back on soon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Happy Easter!

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Finished my spring cleaning today...whoohoo.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
[Linked Image]

We had a fun day today. Instead of an Easter Basket for the boys I added their ages up (31) made up 31 clues. put those clues in eggs numbered 1-31 and placed them up and down the block and in the field behind my house in my house, in the flower bed and eventually the last clue was ,,," you three are the key to my heart,, find the key and unlock what keeps us rolling,you'll have to look in the back where your name will be on sacks,
All their gifts were in the trunk of the car,, it took them a while to find the eggs in sequence of number order because I threw some "dummy" eggs in here and there,,[Linked Image] [Linked Image] it was fun,, they want to do that again next year .. thumbup

Cindy I feel your pain with Time warner,, they have the worse service, UGH!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Sounds like fun for all today, Cheryl.
Carol, are you having company for tomorrow?

yep I had company today----both my girls, my mom & Rod's mom & Emily's MIL.

It was good until Val was leaving--she says "And I'll send you the "Holiday Schedule"---apparem=ntly since they were here to Easter, they will be with Brianl;s family the next holiday which happens to be mother;s day--well ok i think NP problem & since brian;s real father has passed, it will not be as big a deal for them to be here on father's day well no as I see it t hey will NOT be here then----OR Christmas....

NOt feeling so happy right now---she knows how I feel about Christmas---but I will wait until I actually see the "Holiday Shedule"

I hope you all had a great Day !!!! The weather was beautiful here

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you get something scheduled that makes all happy, Carol.
The weather today was very warm, upper 80's. But it isn't supposed to stay that way for long.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
thankls Tina--I hope so too...

the weather here was around 70 at its best--but it was sunny & warm--really nice over all..

I am WAY tired tonight---I am going to finish getting my DH's lunch fixed & then I am off to bed---sweet dreams everyone.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Your Easter hunt sounds amazing Diane....what a wonderful memory for the boys to keep kissie

It's hard when you are caught between families Carol...that is what took all my enjoyment away from holidays. The In-laws hated each other for it and we were caught in the middle. So I started spending every holiday in my own house..and the In-laws could hate me for it instead of each other thumbup

Liking your weather Tina..send me some please, it's still flurrying out this a.m.

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
feeling so bad this morning, got up took ashley to school came home and puked, going to lay down

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sorry yoiu are not feeling well, Belinda---I hope it does not last long.

Well I am awake, but I am still wiped out. I think I will go out & work in the yard some today--that & put the house back to "rights" today after yesterday.

Happy Easter Monday everyone.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. So sorry for those sick or sick of snow. Today is another warm one then we will dip back down and have a fairly rainy week. Rain is good in moderation but ours may not remain moderate. We will see.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Diane, you are so creative and I'm sure that this Easter was an unforgettable one for them. How fun! Belinda, so sorry you're sick. Hope it passes quickly. Carol, we do very little with our families, it's easier and much more relaxing for us to spend the holidays without company and in the comfort of our own homes. Hope you don't get flooded, Tina. I'm leaving work an hour early today to drive about an hour south to have dinner with my mom, step-dad, and grandparents for my mom's 50th birthday. Yes, she's young, had me when she was a teen. It's sunny and supposed to be near 70 today, woohoo!

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
do feel alittle better, having some soup for lunch- chicken and stars soup' hoping to get out in the yard some today

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I hope that Suzydaze is resting comfortably tonight...

Well this has been a long day...sweet dreams to you all---nite nite...

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, hoping you had a nice visit Cheryl and hoping Belinda feels better.

I's raining out today, my snow is melting fast again, another week of this weather and my yard will be bare ground. Wow.

Spent the day yesterday running errands and picking up our 'meat order' at the butchers.. Prices are gone crazy, at this rate we will all be becoming vegetarians soon, wonder if a person can live on dandelions haha

Good Morning all, haven't posted for several days....been a little down. When I was growing up we always had a lot of family get-to-gethers on holidays...There was 18 of us cousins at my grandparents house. But that was back in IL and once we moved to CO that stopped! Now with my DH and I in WY and both of our families scattered from WA to WV family gatherings are few and far between! Also, with the additonal traveling I've been doing I had to catch up on work, my days off seem to be spent on the road! Who wants to work on Easter. Guess I need to get over this pity party zoink Also DH was working on Easter...but with him going to retire at the end of June he should be around for holidays once again! But I loved reading back the posts about the adventures and fun get-togethers of all of you.
I've gotten some planted outside and am hardening off some more plants in hopes of getting them out to the green house soon. I over watered an outside bed yesterday....forgot and left the soaker hoses on too long, finally remembered while in the shower last night! uhuhh Hope all my little seedlings of radishes and spinach are ok...too dark out now, will have to wait for the sun to come up before I can see anything out there.
I'm on the road again tomorrow. Picking up my sis from the rehab in Casper and bringing her home. I'll spend the night with her, then I have to go to Rapid on Thursday for my skin cancer surgery. yikes I'm ready to stay home for a month or two lol
By the way, Sunflowers, my house needs a good spring cleaning if you would like to make a visit to WY ! I'm just saying since you are done with yours idea

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts

Quote from Bobbie "Good Morning all, haven't posted for several days....been a little down. When I was growing up we always had a lot of family get-to-gethers on holidays...There was 18 of us cousins at my grandparents house. But that was back in IL and once we moved to CO that stopped! Now with my DH and I in WY and both of our families scattered from WA to WV family gatherings are few and far between! Also, with the additonal traveling I've been doing I had to catch up on work, my days off seem to be spent on the road! Who wants to work on Easter. Guess I need to get over this pity party zoink Also DH was working on Easter...but with him going to retire at the end of June he should be around for holidays once again!"

Bobbie I understand about family Not being near for holiday get togethers,, I'm in Tx and ALL my family is in Ks. I'm raising 3 grandsons, so I do everything in my power to make their holidays memorable and Fun, it's tuff being living in a State alone,, but I make the best of it, for the kids sake. Before I got the Grandkids, It was just me and Dwight,, He didn't like celebrating much for any reason so it got quite lonely, so I completely understand what you feel nooo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning !!

I am off to take care of my MIKL's things this am then to ceramics--(where the guy that runs it wants som,e help with some appointment or another (??) then I will say Hi to my mom & then off to my sister's--her DH is on the road again---

Sunny---about meat---we have meatless Mondays now a days---it serves 2 purposes---1) it puts less cholesterol in my body and 2) it saves us money. and I think we eat less per meal too---prices are just going crazy.

and...YAY for bare ground !!!!!

OK ladies---I guess I could be farther away from my kids, & next to you 2 I am close to my kids------but hey---when I was growing up, a lot of my father's family lived in the same area & we had wonderful holidays...My dad was 1 of 12 children. Then when my sister, brother & I got married, the 3 of us kids just brought our family's with us to mom's---but apparently that was then & this is now---

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Ceramics today, Carol. How wonderful.
My family is pretty scattered nationwide. We have not gotten together for a long time and it is unlikely that we ever will again. I do have most of my kids nearby and am pretty happy with that.
Prices are sky high. I am not happy shopping for food these days. Even in the vegetable aisles.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I hope everyone is feeling better... I agree holidays are hard when you don't have family around... we didn't do Easter dinner this yr and I really missed it... but we had all been together the last 3 or 4 weekends and one more was just to much for everyone.... so Joe and I had a tiny ham and I made dinner for just us... was weird.... but we will do Mother's Day ..
I am lucky all my kids live here... and a lot of my grands...
Well got up late so gotta go fix breakfast for us.. taking Joseph to get a tux for prom after he is out of school today... last one for him..I agree about price of food... we do a lot of fish and chicken- very little red meat and do a lot of tuna burgers too... lot cheaper than salmon- (sorry Cindy) and it's something Joe will eat willingly...

We priced the wood for our new fenceing in the back yard.. whole back section- 10 panels - less than 500 for the wood... so we can get the kids all together to help Joe put it up should take just a day ... be a good time to have a family get together too....feed them for their work..LOL!
Well off to fix some breakfast now... have a good day all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I'm feeling better today don't know why my back still hurts so bad. Picked up some tomatoes to plant today yummy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Originally Posted by suzydaze
I'm feeling better today don't know why my back still hurts so bad. Picked up some tomatoes to plant today yummy

Whenever I get any kind of flu I have lingering back pain...thought it was just me why But glad you are feeling better.

Even in my greenhouse the weather is not ready for me to plant tomatoes rspb It was 20 degrees the other night and inside it got down to 25. My greenhouse is still a work in progress and DH is looking into ways to make it a little more secure from cold night air! But I have started beefsteak, cherry, yellow heirloom and a dark red heirloom. They are growing nicely. I'll transplant one more time before they go outside.

Yeah, Nana, a new fence! And there is nothing like free labor! My DH is working on my water barrels as we chat! Last year we had only 2 barrels, and now he is "installing" 4 more. Talk about cost! My water bill goes to around 90.00 in the summer. We are lucky with our grocery costs....the bountiful baskets provide fruits and vegetables and my DH provides us with meat. We eat only elk, moose, antelope, deer. I love beef, but I am astonished when I look at the price of beef! I feel blessed we don't have to pay those kind of prices. Also wild game doesn't have fat. The calorie count for wild game is less than for chicken!

Well it's good to be chatting, but I gotta get back to work cry

Bobbie

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
Wasn't flu I get a flu shot every year, but could have been hurting from the digging and cleaning I've benn doing, my work just never gets caught up

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by suzydaze
Wasn't flu I get a flu shot every year, but could have been hurting from the digging and cleaning I've benn doing, my work just never gets caught up

well yea dear, but didnt you upchuck???--hope you are feeling better now no matter the reason for the upset

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you are feeling better too, Belinda. When I get really sick, I can pull muscles doing whatever I need to do then.
I didn't get but a small part of my plans for today accomplished. But It is good. The list always grows faster than it shrinks.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tonight I went out all ready to seal the feet of my raised garden beds....well the only stuff we had was red deck stain--well that was not gonna happen--so I just spread my red cedar mulch that I was given by mistake---so noe I ned to buy more to finish my flower bed----I dont know if this is a good i dea or not--we shall see..

I also planted so me wildflower seed that my oldest DD bought me---now I just hope it comes up--it was from last year.

I had to wear a sweatshirt out tonight--this weather is crazy.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
The weather here today was pushing 80* but it is to drop sharply tonight and rain quite a bit. The weather has been odd for sure.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
The weather here today was pushing 80* but it is to drop sharply tonight and rain quite a bit. The weather has been odd for sure.

we are to get either a frost or a freeze tonght--this weather IS crazy indeed.

I so wish the first week of May would arrive.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, when I get rain and cold it travels east from here. Maybe across the south and maybe across the north. So I watch 'my' weather impact all across the nation.
Good night all. I'm going to zone before bedtime.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image