Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
cagardengirl #353958 Feb 22nd, 2012 at 03:39 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
haha...I love the sign Cindy haha

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #353966 Feb 22nd, 2012 at 04:57 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers
haha...I love the sign Cindy haha

yea me too!!!--It does sound like a plan though......

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #353976 Feb 22nd, 2012 at 09:43 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Maybe if we mix it all up, we can get a fruit cake?pinterest

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
cagardengirl #354008 Feb 23rd, 2012 at 09:55 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Yes it is Cindy. Yes it is.

I live vicariously through Cindy.

Bestofour #354014 Feb 23rd, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour

I live vicariously through Cindy.

Well, that means you are having a nice tall glass of Chardonnay right now! shots

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
cagardengirl #355255 Mar 26th, 2012 at 04:51 AM
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
I LOVE Pinterest!!! I use it allllllll the time.

Think of it as a visual bookmark. I have ALOT of bookmarks for my internet browser, but I almost never use them because a short description doesn't jog my memory and, honestly, I forget the bookmarks are even there. Pinterest is kind of like a bulletin board where you put you bookmarks. You can have as many boards in your account as you want. For instance, I have boards for gardening, home learning, crafts for me, crafts for the kids, breakfast recipes, lunch recipes, dinner recipes, dessert recipes, kid stuff, etc. I like to cruise around and see what others have pinned. You can look under different categories (like gardening) and it will pull up what others have pinned (or bookmarked). You can also put in a word to search with (like vertical gardening) and see what comes up. You might like what you find.

The pictures that you see aren't a violation of privacy. Think of it this way, Bill has this wonderful forum that you can view even if you aren't a member here (you just can't participate in the forum without being a member). So if some random person was trying to research how to get rid of deer plaguing their garden, they may have stumbled onto a thread in this forum about that very subject. It's in the middle of the winter, so that person can't do anything that is being talked about in that thread. If that person just bookmarks the page, he's likely to forget about it and never come back to the useful information. So, he pins it using a tool that he's installed onto his web browser. Since Pinterest is all visual, it needs to pull a picture that can be associated with that person's pin (visual reminder). The tool will pull every picture on that page and the person can now choose which picture he wants to use with the pin so that he can remember what it is. He can also write a short description that will show up under the picture and he can choose one of his boards to put the pin. That is why there are soo many of your very own pictures from here on Pinterest. Someone either did a search for a topic and found a thread with someone's picture and really liked it and chose that as their reminder picture or they really loved the picture itself and pinned it for further reference. It isn't really a breach of privacy since you post those pictures to this forum knowing that any person can come to the forum and view them. They aren't stealing them...just using them to remember the topic. When they click on the picture, it will bring them directly to that particular page.

I found awesome crafts to do with the kids, wonderful recipes, ways to help our family be more "green", ways to save a ton of money, and great ideas for gardening on Pinterest. :)

Here is the link to all of my boards: http://pinterest.com/hisgal2/
Please excuse the sloppy food boards, I'm in the process of going from one general food board to more specific food boards (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, snacks, etc).

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #355257 Mar 26th, 2012 at 05:07 AM
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Oh! And for those who had just signed up and had people following you....

One of the options that you have in Pinterest is to see what your friends have pinned since the last time you were on. To do this, you have to follow them. When you tell Pinterest what your interests are, it automatically chooses 10 random people who have the same interests and sets you to follow them. You can edit those unknown people out by clicking on your name in the upper right corner, then once your boards page loads, going to the right hand side and clicking on "following". You can edit those who you are following there. You cannot edit those who are following you. For as many pins as I have (currectly 24 boards and 542 pins), I only have like 56 people following me. Some people, tho have chosen to follow only 1 board of mine. For instance, my "Home Organization" board has 100 followers, but my "Desserts/Snacks" board has 66 followers. All that means is that 66 people came across a pin that I pinned into my "Desserts/Snacks" board, scanned the recipes I had in there and liked them all enough to follow me so that the next time I pin something to that board, they'll be able to see that pin and possibly use the recipe.

I will say that I have written to Pinterest and have requested that they allow us to put some boards as private. I pin alot of things for birthday parties, but when I do that, there is the possibility that other will find those pins. Not that that is a big deal, but I HATE putting the effort into making something and then someone saying "Oh, yeah, I saw that on Pinterest". Just because you saw it in Pinterest doesn't mean that it didn't take me a long time to make it and that you can't say "I appreciate you doing this." LOL!!

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #355260 Mar 26th, 2012 at 05:17 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
my sister just said she read on Pinterest just the other day how you can make some things private. so I guess you could look around & see if you can find what she found ???

good luck !!!

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #355295 Mar 27th, 2012 at 08:45 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Best way to stay private, is not to go there.LOL
I only do seedy places, an d Sewing Places...........
Too much spam out there.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
cagardengirl #356011 Apr 21st, 2012 at 08:59 PM
I'm only on MySpace and not FB so linking wouldn't be a issue. and I never post anything or any pictures that I don't care if the whole world sees.
But I still don't think I would have any interest in Pinterest. I already can share cool bands, skateboard tricks, and find video game reviews at other forums. grin If I can't find information about something on google I may try it don't know.

[Linked Image from farm8.staticflickr.com]

Get happy! It's really easy to do if you try. grin
cagardengirl #356498 May 6th, 2012 at 03:34 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Finally figured out how to pin things to boards - Phew!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
cagardengirl #356576 May 8th, 2012 at 08:56 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I was on there for a while Lynne but I don't surf the net a lot so I'm not anymore.

cagardengirl #356578 May 8th, 2012 at 09:28 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I am totally unimpressed. I really have nothing to pin there. My daughter says there is another website just like it called tumbler?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
cagardengirl #403293 Aug 7th, 2019 at 10:31 AM
It is a really easy platform to handle. You have lots of inspirations here. If I remember it good firstly you have to choose some categories that you are interested in and then on your main board there are selected pictures that you may like. If you click on the photo below there are photos which are similar to it. You can also search for inspirations. Hope you will like the site!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,861
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image