Print Thread
Rate Thread
#352885 Jan 29th, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Here you go Carol and all others who would like to try them out, they are sweet but rich and delicious.

Rib and Meatball sauce:
1 & 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/4 cup Soya sauce
2 cups water
1 tbsp powdered Garlic Salt

Mix altogether, boil for a few minutes..add flour or cornstarch mix like you would to thicken gravy..boil on medium until a thicker consistency.
I usually fry my ribs for a bit, then cook them in an oven for an hour, drain..then add this sauce, put it back in the oven for an hour again.
I also use this sauce on meatballs..I just mix ground meat, some bread crumbs, salt and pepper and bake on a sheet for a half hour, drain grease then put the sauce and meatballs in a dish and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or so.

Sweet & Sour sauce:
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp white vinegar

Mix all together and boil on medium for a few minutes, add a bit of flour or cornstarch to thicken up, cook for another 15 minutes or so...sometimes I add a bit more vinegar while cooking (depending how tangy the ketchup is) taste it to see if the 'sour' balances with the sweet.

I use this on ribs and pork strips(that I batter)and chicken balls. My batter is just a cup of flour with 1 Tbsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt...whisk in some ice cold water until it is thick and foamy. I then coat my pre-cooked meat and drop in my deep fryer until golden brown. I coat the pork strips in the sauce and put in the oven for a half hour but serve the sauce on the side when I make chicken balls.

Enjoy grin

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #352890 Jan 29th, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
thanks so much Sunny.. kissie

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image