Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shani Offline OP
Star Child
3k Posts
OP Offline
Star Child
3k Posts
So the veggies have been in over a month, some started from seed some were bought at the local nursery. Most have turned purple or parts of them have.

The first in the garden where the pre-bought tomatoes they have been in just over 4 weeks, the stems turned purple then the leaves. the leaves have recently gone green again but the stem is still a bit purple and they have grown only a little in that time.

The corn did similar to the tomatoes though we pre-bought and put them in 3 weeks ago, they've grown better then the tomatoes but the stalks and portions of the leaves are purple.

The peppers and dahlias have shown no growth but continued flowering.

The squash and cantaloupe have both shown only a little growth, most plants have only 1 pair of true leaves some still only have cotyledons’ after 3-4 weeks in the ground.

However the newest additions to the garden, potatoes, have taken off and seem to be doing well.

The veggie garden is new this year with fresh soil from the nursery. I'm wondering if anyone know what could be the cause, or better the cure to get my plants moving. We have such a short growing season here that I hate to be loosing some of it.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
theres a certain type of acid that can do this and PH can turn some plants like Hydrangeas different colors.

Every plant started out as a seed ,and then came the waiting game.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image