Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
KeithP Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been crazily looking for Wild Yellow Violet seeds, species native to NY to plant in my yard. I have checked Amazon,Ebay, other garden sites, my neighborhood, woods, and asked people I know. Nobody has any seeds and all the wild one grow in areas I cannot trespass on! Not many "natural" areas so that is why they are hard to find in my town. I'm so frustrated! madd

There are two Native species that grow here; Viola Pubescens (Yellow Forest Violet) and Viola Rotundifolia (Round Leaf Violet)

I need seeds for the (Round Leaf Violet) http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=VIRO2 as it grows flowers and seeds just like the wild blue violets in my yard. flowers and seeds grow on seperate stems, unlike Yellow Forest Violet.

Reason I need flowers and seeds that grow on seperate stems is in case any get mowed over by mistake, all the flowers and seeds for the seasons wont be destroyed. Forest Violet just wont survive here, but Round leaf violet will.

I could exchange mixed rose Of Sharon seeds, thats all I have to trade. :(

Last edited by KeithP; Oct 27th, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
I'll look around and try to find them. The charts say there are in SC too but, I have never seen them in the wild anywhere unless I overlooked them for being small. All I have seen here is the blue and some that are kinda marbled blue/white.

Last edited by twizzlestick; Nov 5th, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
KeithP Offline OP
OP Offline
Same here there not too common, but they are around.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,813
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image