Rate Thread
#349300 Oct 27th, 2011 at 09:56 PM
Shani Offline OP
Star Child
3k Posts
OP Offline
Star Child
3k Posts
Is anyone planning on going to halloweens parties this weekend? We're going to one, and keeping with the idea of something fun and a little different we're going as the Cookie Monster and a Cookie! I'm just hoping I can finish the cookie before tomorrow night.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
Shani #349301 Oct 27th, 2011 at 10:55 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You can do it, Shani. I have never really enjoyed dressing in costume myself. But I loved making costumes for my kids when they were little. When I could decide what they were going to dress as was the most fun. It got to be less fun when they wanted to be pretty princesses and vampires and things.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Shani #349313 Oct 28th, 2011 at 01:26 AM
The Cookie Monster and Cookie idea is so cute. There are lots of Halloween activities in our area. So many, in fact, that we can't do them all. Last weekend we went to Safetyville. It's set up like a small city on a 1/3 scale. Kids go, mostly with their schools, to learn about safety - crosswalks, bike safety, home safety. It's really cool. The Halloween event is geared toward 5 and under and they have all the cute little carnival games made easy for the little ones and art projects. They give out prizes to every child at each game station. They have rulers and stickers and rubber duckies - cute stuff. This weekend we are doing a couple more similar things.

On Halloween we are trick-or-treating with friends. They have younger kids and live in a fancier neighborhood where hundreds of trick-or-treaters show up. It was fun last year so we are doing that again. Home early though. My little one still goes to bed pretty early. If we let her stay up too late, I pay for it the next day. We have two costumes that were handed down to us. She wore the dragon costume last weekend. The other one is a lion. I don't know if she'll wear that or the dragon again.

Shani, I always admire people who are able to make their own things. I guess I should stop wishing I could sew and just try to teach myself. The most sewing I can do is stitching up a seam or a putting a button back on.

We've been doing Halloween art projects for weeks now. I have bats, pumpkins, witches - all covered with gliiter, of course, all over my house.

Have a great Halloween everyone! flwr

Shani #349316 Oct 28th, 2011 at 03:22 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sewing can be learned online. There are lots of tutorials out there to give you lots of hints to make things easier. And most of sewing is just those seams you know about all held together by fabric. If you can figure out a simple puzzle, you can figure out clothing.
But a lot of costumes can be 'crafted' without much sewing.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #349328 Oct 28th, 2011 at 07:41 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Went out to supper tonite for halloween. LOL

ITs my birthday Oct 31.........So I celebrate yearly........LOL
Nus plain fun.

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,873
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image