Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#347729 Sep 7th, 2011 at 02:11 AM
OP Offline
Hi there,

I have a lemon lime plant that I got about 2 months ago--it wasn't in great shape then, but since then it's developed a lot more brown edges over most of the leaves. Here's a link to some photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107817477640465904534/September22011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I've seen a few gnat-type things around it--I thought they were fruit flies (we get them in my office sometimes), but maybe they're fungus gnats? If they're the cause of the damage to the leaves, how do I get rid of them?

I also read that dracaenas are very sensitive to fluoride--does this look like it could be fluoride toxicity too? I'm switching to bottled water for it from now on.

Any ideas on what I should be doing to help get this poor little guy in better health?

Thank you very much in advance!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, pickles.
I would go with the bottled water. And to get rid of the gnats I would use a squirt of dish detergent (or insecticidal soap) in a quart spray bottle with water and give that plant and the soil surface a light coating. Continue with that until you no longer see any gnats. And then as new leaves emerge from the top of the plant, cut off the damaged ones below. Or any that turn completely brown.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
1k Posts
1k Posts
Only water once per week or every other week. Too much water is probably the issue.

I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by RugbyHukr
Only water once per week or every other week. Too much water is probably the issue.

Yes, that too. thumbup

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
OP Offline
I will do that--thank you both so much!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,861
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image