Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
cagardengirl #346722 Aug 1st, 2011 at 08:50 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Beth--be patient w/ your Bell peppers---this fall they will bear again/yet---so keep caring for them well past the summer--
(they freeze well too)---I cut off the tops, wash out, drain, freeze & then use them for stuffed pappers in the winter, or you can dice, freeze lose on a cookie sheet & then put in a freezer bag & freeze--then they are easy to measure out the right amount for a recipe at a moments notice.

Good morning everyone !!! Up early to care for the puppies & then ro cardiac rehab----later I wil be home to await the mail man--(Coffee now-- grin)

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #346723 Aug 1st, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning! Second day of school here.
Carol, are you expecting a package today?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
JunieGirl #346725 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Coffee now-- grin)

Thanks for the bell pepper tips Carol. We do like to make chili during the winter so the frozen peppers will come in handy then.

So nice of you to take care of your daughter's pups while she is on her honeymoon. It's such a comfort to know your pets are in good hands when away. My mom is the only one I trust with my dogs.

I haven't finished my coffee yet (7:40am here). I'm amazed I can compose a complete sentence, much less a complete thought without a full dose of caffeine.

Have a beautiful day everyone! flwr

Tina #346726 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 12:49 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina

Carol, are you expecting a package today?

Yes, Tina I am---I am begining a new medication for my Osteoporosis, I chose to sign for it as it has to be refrigerated. Sadly it has not arrived yet (9:49) so no ceramics today for me---

Beth Thank you so much

________

Tina #346727 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 02:35 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am so sorry you are missing your ceramics, Carol. I know how much that means to you.
I am zipping along today. I got Ted to school and stopped to shop.
I am supplying my daughter with plenty of food to share with her new roommates. She was never too much interested in cooking but she is interested in eating and making a decent impression. It is fun to watch your children grow.
I
I came home and put that away and began on laundry and house cleaning. My laundry is completed. It is so nice to not have someone else coming along behind my cleaning efforts with messes.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346728 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 03:25 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes Tina it is fun to watch your children grow--

I can still remember when my oldest came home from college one weekend--my youongest turns to me & says where i s my sister & what have YOU done with her ?? lol

and speaking of growing, my youngest let me hug her several times this last weekend---(she is not a touchy feely type of person)

So glad that yours is growing now---

Well I got my delivery---it came in a nice insulated container so I do not have to worry about it.

High today is going to be i n the 100's. yikes shock

________

Tina #346729 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 03:38 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everyone! wavy

Carol ~ I'm glad your medication arrived safe and sound. They package my insulin very well for the mail too and I appreciate that as insulin must also be refrigerated.

By the way, what an adorable story about your daughters! "What have YOU done with her?!" That's great!

Beth ~ I am not sure of the weather in your part of the country but I DO know that bell peppers like their "Feet" (roots) very warm. Here in Maine, our ground stays colder longer and bell peppers do not thrive unless we put a small square of black plastic around the plant, flat on the ground, and mulch over it, being sure to leave a place to water. Then the plants produce like nobody's business!! thumbup

Maxi is away until Thursday. His dad's girlfriend's sister is getting married tomorrow and Maxi was invited to the wedding, so he went over there today to make tomorrow's activities easier. For some odd reason, this couple chose sports as their theme and asked all the guests to dress in team t-shirts!

I spent the day working on the living room. Before I got started, there was only a very narrow path for my wheel chair and I often got stuck, getting hitched on the corner or the flap of one box or another. So today, I moved all the boxes, lining them up and stacking them in front of the bookcases on the far side of the room. That gives me 3/4's of the room w/ floor space and move around in and not get trapped! YAY!

But I am beat, and it is time for a nap.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina #346730 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 04:05 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I got bunches of house work done (much more to do). I think I will head to Walmart before picking Ted up from school.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346731 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 06:08 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I got bunches of house work done (much more to do). I think I will head to Walmart before picking Ted up from school.

Housework--well, I used to like it, but as you say it keeps being "undone" & that frustraits me, so I a m not so quick oat it any longer--well that and for a long time there I was not allowed to do any, so I have to "remind" myself t6hat I need tyo do it...

I think Wal-mart is the best idea yet---have fun !!!

Rod is going to work an hour early in the morning & coming home 45 minutes early iat night----so supper is very early in this heat. rolz He was telling his brother how he likes cool meals--& even likes meatless salads for supper-- rolz yea sure----but he said it, so get them he will lol thumbup

Merme----rest well sounds like you did a lot of work---

________

Tina #346732 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 06:51 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I walked into Walmart and looked around and left with empty hands. I did stop at another store and picked up some cheap spices and a few things for Jonni's household. I have Teddy home now and we have lunched. I'm thinking nap now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346733 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 07:52 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina--Jonni is a very lucky girl. Sorry that Wal-mart didnt have anything you wanted/needed.

Glad that Teddy is home 7 that all running is done--Have a nice nap.

________

Merme #346734 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 09:41 AM
[quote=Merme]
Beth ~ I am not sure of the weather in your part of the country but I DO know that bell peppers like their "Feet" (roots) very warm. Here in Maine, our ground stays colder longer and bell peppers do not thrive unless we put a small square of black plastic around the plant, flat on the ground, and mulch over it, being sure to leave a place to water. Then the plants produce like nobody's business!! thumbupquote]

Hi Merme! I checked on the internet and it seems for my area- which is very hot- that the plastic is not recommended. I will keep an eye on them now that I know they are willing to produce. How do you like Maine? It seems like it would be beautiful but I've never been to that side of the states except for a quick layover at the airport in New Jersey.

cagardengirl #346735 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Beth--around Illinois the bell paeeres like cooler weather--so when it is really hot, so I I would advise just to keep them watered so they remain alive when it is really hot even i f they are not bearing--when it cools off they may well begoin to bear again--

It has cooled off to a chilling 93*F here in Illinois egad zoink

________

JunieGirl #346742 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 08:25 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G'morning---81*F already here---well, I must have "napped" too much yesterday---I have been up since 4am. Really hoping to get a nap in this am before I have to begin my day.

"Thor" saw a rabbit last night & jerked the lead just as i was going over my brick edging in my back yard last night--so of couse i lost my footing & fell. Bless him, he just stood right there until I got up & picked up the lead.

last night i was just a bit jarred but today my right side is sore. Since I can take in a deep breath I will assume that I have no broken ribs--besides if i do they do nothing for them anyway & I do not think there is any pain meds that I can take--so suffer it I will w/o going to the Dr--at least for now.

I have a few Drs appointments to do today. My MIL has to go to the Dr & then I have to go to the eye Dr...Luckily I scheduled them far enough apart so as to make them possible on the same day.

Off to 'try' to sleep again---catch everyone later-- wavy

Last edited by JunieGirl; Aug 2nd, 2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: heat noted

________

Tina #346743 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is hot here but the nights have been cool for sleeping since the humidity dropped. I will take the small blessings.
Carol, take care of yourself. I am terrified of falling these days.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346744 Aug 2nd, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Good morning, everybody!

It is 61 here today down by the river. Nice!

Am getting laundry and shopping done before heading out to dialysis. My new caregiver seems pretty nice but more importantly, she is competant with all her tasks. YAY!

Trouble is, I doubt she will keep the job as she must drive more than 1 hour to get here. Ok in good weather but doubtful in winter.

I miss my Maxi. He comes home tomorrow.

Carol I hope you heal well.

Beth I love the East Coast as I am an East Coast girl. I have lived on the West Coast as well but the East is in my DNA. lol Everyone should see both coasts (and what is in the middle, too) as they are fascinatingly different. We've been in Maine 20 years, so my son was born here. He is the first Mainiac on either side of the family.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Tina #346745 Aug 3rd, 2011 at 01:50 AM
Goodmorning everyone!
Just wanted to check in and say hi. I'm in the middle of packing up for our Yellowstone trip. My husband thinks he'll be off work by about 2 so I have about 4 hrs to finish loading the truck, clean the house and do the last bit of watering before we go.

I cant wait. I've never been so I'm excited. I'm a real nature girl. Plus spending it with my two brothers and their families and my father just makes it that much more special. They'll be 17-18 of us all together. It'll be fun but also busy busy. Luckily I will have a vacation vacation when I get back. We'll be back Mon nite and I don't work again until the following MOn morning so it'll be nice to just relax and get back into things.

Hope everyone is well and I will check in when I get back!! wavy

Pamela~

Whoever said gardening relieves stress wasn't talking about the first year of a new garden :)
Tina #346746 Aug 3rd, 2011 at 02:11 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Have a blast, Pamela. And it is great that you could schedule a bunch of down time for when you come back.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme #346747 Aug 3rd, 2011 at 02:21 AM
Carol - thanks again for the pepper info. I will keep taking care of them. I may leave the next one longer and let it turn red. Hopefully the buggies will leave it alone. I have fond memories of Chicago. I visited when I was 4or 5 and vividly recall the snow banks and Lake Michigan. One of my dogs pulled me over a few years ago. My shoulder never recovered. Still hurts. Hope yours is not so serious.

Originally Posted by Merme
wavy We've been in Maine 20 years, so my son was born here. He is the first Mainiac on either side of the family.
Funny! shewinks I hope we can see that side of the US someday.

We're off to the splash park in a bit. My friend has twin 4 year old boys so we're hanging out with them today. Later I am removing my cucumbers. One is just nasty and the other has a disease I think. Have to figure out what I can put in there.

Have a beautiful day everyone. Hugs and prayers to everyone who needs them.
~Beth~

cagardengirl #346751 Aug 3rd, 2011 at 07:39 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina, Pamela, Beth & Merme--thanks so much for your well wishes---I still hurt but I think it is better---here's to hoping thsat w/ time the sore place continues to improve---

Beth--a Splash park---that surely sounds good to me !!! in my younger days I loved going to the pools & such...

Pamela: Yellowstone--& w/ family--that is super---Be sure to have fun & by all means have some fun for all of us too.

Merme--Sounmds like everything is falling into place for you in your new home--that is fantastic !!!--I thionk you are so fortunate to be able to h ave caregivers---I a m sure things would be so much more a challenge w/o them there to help you.
I am sure that having Maxi home will help things liven up also.

I got the MIL done with her visit--evidently medicare is beginning a newp rogram to monitor the elderly to keep them out of the hospital--as long as no one else is telling us if & when she can go to the hospital that is all ok.

I had my eyes tested & I now have my older (& free) glasses on---I sure wish I had of trie4d them on beofre I went to my appointment!!! I could have put it off for awhile longet--bad news ???...................I have already ordered & particially paod for my new lenses--that & I have cataracts--so I may well be returning these glasses & having some minor surgery....

________

JunieGirl #346758 Aug 3rd, 2011 at 01:09 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Night night everyone--I am packing them in early tonight--sweet dreams to you all.... snooz

________

Tina #346763 Aug 4th, 2011 at 02:19 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts

Good morning. I was up in the night and took some meds. I got up and turned my alarm off this morning and crawled back to bed. Much better now.
I have some things to get done today and we will get on with life as it comes here.
My daughter is back home for another load of stuff to move. I'm thinking she also needed a breather from all of the newness of her life and all the new roommates.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346764 Aug 4th, 2011 at 02:50 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yes I am sure that is the case, Tina--(Jonni neening some "home time". I remember that well--

Val called me this morning, earl;y !! it seems they are 7 hours ahead of us in venice---she said it is hot there--I say SO WHAT !!!

Off to do some things for my MIL & then off to do some grocery shopping---Ya know I think if a person didnt have to eat they would have oh so much more time & money--- rolz lol

________

Tina #346767 Aug 4th, 2011 at 03:51 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning! It's my Friday today, yay! The kids are all settled and back to their normal routines. Joey started football on Monday and while he does admit it's very hard, he still likes it and wants to stick with it. He's getting into shape, that's for sure.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Tina #346769 Aug 4th, 2011 at 05:29 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I dashed out and shopped for a couple of things, new printer ink was free with the coupon I had. Yay!
Getting into shape or just a healthier version is always a good thing, Cheryl. Have you plans for your weekend?
And I agree, Carol. If people did not need to eat, life would be much cheaper. I am not much wanting to cook these days or eat a lot. That is the heat. I make sure I have lots of fruit and super easy stuff around the house. Cottage cheese and crackers. Or just cheese and crackers. Peanut butter, etc. Along with fruit and vegetables and an occasional bowl of pasta or fried rice I am pretty happy here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346770 Aug 4th, 2011 at 05:33 AM
My little one has an ear infection. tears Just got back from the doctor and the pharmacy. She won't take the medicine the doctor prescribed. Can't say I blame her. It does not smell good. uhuhh

Tina #346771 Aug 4th, 2011 at 06:00 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry, Beth. That stinks.
I had issues with my two oldest two kids ears many years ago (38). Then I found a doctor who prescribed Dimetapp to me and told how and when to use it. It is not prescription any more.
He said the minute the kids get a slightly runny nose from colds or allergies to give them a dose. Then to dose them for about the next 3 nights before bed unless the runny nose is cleared. I have had 4 more kids over the next 30-some years and no more ear infections except one.
Last week my youngest daughter (almost 20) had a cold and blew her nose. Her ears popped and were very, very painful. I told her to take some Dimetapp and she did. After the pain eased she said, I don't think I've ever had an ear infection. I told her no, and the reason why. I also told her that her older brother and sisters decided the Dimetapp didn't do anything and quit using it as young adults, until they got ear infections again. They are believers now.
Ask your doctor about giving it to your daughter. It may not be a good thing with meds she is already on. It is not always good with other cold meds or allergy stuff.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346772 Aug 4th, 2011 at 06:09 AM
I am sorry, Beth. That stinks.
Ask your doctor about giving it to your daughter. It may not be a good thing with meds she is already on. It is not always good with other cold meds or allergy stuff.
Thanks. I will check on it. She does have allergies. Maybe that will help. It's hard to see your kids suffer. I don't know how to get her to take this amoxicillin liquid. I couldn't even bribe her with chocolate chip ice cream - her favorite.

cagardengirl #346773 Aug 4th, 2011 at 06:10 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by cagardengirl
My little one has an ear infection. tears Just got back from the doctor and the pharmacy. She won't take the medicine the doctor prescribed. Can't say I blame her. It does not smell good. uhuhh

so sorry Beth--I agree with what what Tina said about Dimatapp. My oldest had just about constant ear infections---it was a life saver.

about the little one not wanting to take the meds--well this round will just have to not be liked---one time, when my 31 year old was a very young child, she would not take the meds--I looked at her & said how dare you be like that--here Dr.XXX was nice enough to give you medicine to help you feel better & you wont take it ???---well long story short she took it--(very quickly each time--I had her hold her nose) But then the next time & made sure to tell the Dr (in front of her)_ & she made sure that my Valarie never got that flavor again---and so we both were happy.

my back is feeling better now---which is nice--but I am going to stretcvh it now--catch everyone later-- wavy

________

Tina #346774 Aug 4th, 2011 at 10:39 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
If you cannot force feed it to her, you may have to call your Doctor back for something else. Either a more palatable mix or a shot. If Ted needs meds of any kind I ask if it available in a shot form. I can no longer force feed him anything.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346776 Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well ladies, is anybody home???
I just came in from NOT watering (it looks like rain) and then doing some deadheading--& it seems I tried to "deadhead" my left index finger off..luckily for me I caught on in time & I think I only cut thru my nail polish.

I washed my hands real well, poured on peroxide & then alcohol & I felt nothing, so thankfully I think I am fine.

Besides my 3rd water lily I have been getting a few tomatoes. They do not taste like fresh garden tomatoes should but hey--they taste better than store bought ones.--and thanskfuly I have recieved my benson spices, so I have some salt like flavoring to put on them.

________

JunieGirl #346781 Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Carol-Pretty lilies! Glad you didn't prune your finger.

Tina, I am afraid I will have to request something else tomorrow from the dr. It would break my heart to try to force anything on her. Hopefully they can do another flavor at the pharmacy. She takes Tylenol with cherry flavor with no problem. She finally agreed to eat some soup so hopefully she'll chipper up a bit.

Have a lovely evening.

Tina #346784 Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I'm here, just got home not too long ago. Had some cottage cheese, it was a perfect snack on a warm evening. DH will probably be sending me out for food soon but he's got to get his head out his work before he can think of food. I need to work on a check list for Saturday, to make sure I don't forget anything. I'm running a trail half on Saturday and trail running is a whole new beast of it's own. I need a different strategy. Tomorrow I plan to test out my new weed wacker. I've had it for almost three weeks and haven't used it yet, is that shameful or what? Soon I'll be able to dig up my hostas and transfer them to pots and I also need to figure out a good time to transfer my rose bushes. We plan to re-do the garden but those plants need to move before we can do anything.

cagardengirl #346785 Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I have not read back...have to catch up.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
cagardengirl #346786 Aug 4th, 2011 at 11:36 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks Beth--good luck with the Dr.
I hope your little girl feels better soon.

Cindy--how are you feeling of late???

________

Tina #346794 Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:11 PM
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Little Sprout
5k Posts
...and you all went and had over 1000 Coffee Houses without me... wavy

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
Tina #346795 Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Mark!!!!! Where have you been? How's life treating you? I just came across that NY key shaped key chain the other day and wondered what happened to you.

Tina #346796 Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:15 PM
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Little Sprout
5k Posts
wow that's so funny!!! One thing lead to another, and another lead to another, and then I forgot my password/email address to get on here! notme It's good to be back and see some familiar faces! how have you been??

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
Tina #346797 Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Pretty good, still hanging around.

badplanter #346798 Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by badplanter
...and you all went and had over 1000 Coffee Houses without me... wavy

Mark !!! How are yoiu ?? So very nice to see you---are you still in College??? if not what are you up to these days???

________

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image