Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Tina #346302 Jul 20th, 2011 at 04:20 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
We are up at the B&B in Estes Park.. it's about 7500 ft and so nice up here.. days are warm - breezy and so relaxing.. no phones... have wi-fi right on the rivers edge... not 3 ft from my feet... it's running high and fast from the big snow melt we are having.. good thing too for the farmers down river they need it...
This is our last full day ... have to go back home tomorrow to do some much needed house maintence stuff .. the owners here gave us free breakfast today with the people that stay in the cottage rooms- since it is our 4th time here.. was really nice- enjoyed talking to the other people but it's nice to be in our little cabin too.. haven't had the tv on at just reading and talking.. watching the river... feeding the tiny chipmunks too.. they are very friendly little things..
Well off to see about my email- then will read some more.... lazy nana!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #346304 Jul 20th, 2011 at 05:18 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It is good that you have been able to relax, Nana. And so good to hear from you.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #346317 Jul 20th, 2011 at 09:19 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Up before the sun. When it gets light enough to see I will go out to putter before it gets hot. That being said, it is not as hot here s most the rest of the country. Keep safe everyone.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346334 Jul 21st, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I got quite a bit done this morning before it got too warm for me. And the temps only reached mid 80's with low humidity. I showered and then took off to shop a bit. And then I also took a decent nap this afternoon. A good day so far.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346335 Jul 21st, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Hi everyone!Seems like all the talk is abouts temps lately. Crazy huh? This week I feel lucky, cuz it has dropped down to the mid 80's which is appropriate for summer. It's the high 90's and up that I absolutely become useless in. I know in the east and south they aren't getting any breaks from the heat so I shouldn't complain I guess. I do feel bad for those of you with only 78 mins of summer so far. That's no fun either.

The hubby left today for 3 days of motorcycling/camping with his buddies so I was hoping to get lots done but unfortunately I'm having to wear a brace on my hand/wrist from tendonitis. I guess it's a sign that I'm aging given that it used to flair up 1-2 times a year and now I've had problems with it 3x in the last 2 months.

Cindy, I hope you did start that cat topic ( i'll check in a bit) I have two cats and they are the funniest things ever. It's no wonder I hear that besides babies, cats are one of the most searched for videos on youtube!!!

Pamela~

Whoever said gardening relieves stress wasn't talking about the first year of a new garden :)
pam_ela #346347 Jul 21st, 2011 at 01:15 PM
10k Posts
10k Posts
I do feel bad for those of you with only 78 mins of summer so far.

We hit a high of 64* today... uhuhh

Tina #346349 Jul 21st, 2011 at 01:23 PM
Ya that's just not right in the middle of July. tears Gosh atleast 74 would be nice huh? Nice spring feeling. Not too hot nor to cool. Are some of your plants suffering?

Pamela~

Whoever said gardening relieves stress wasn't talking about the first year of a new garden :)
Tina #346352 Jul 21st, 2011 at 01:46 PM
10k Posts
10k Posts
ALL of my plants and gardens look like ick! We're supposed{/i] to get some sun this weekend and we [i]might hit 75! grin

Tina #346354 Jul 21st, 2011 at 02:02 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Awesome, Bill. Our temps are still running on the mild side. I am grateful. I keep waiting for the real heat and cringe at the thought.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346359 Jul 21st, 2011 at 02:31 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Greetings from Southern California everyone!

We were in San Francisco from last Saturday til Wednesday, and talk about COLD!!! It never got warmer than the low 60's with strong winds - I was triple layered and still shivering most of the time!

Now we are visitng our son's place, and it was freezing at the beach today - not to mention the totally cloudy sky, and winds - BRRRRR! Meanwhile, back where we live, they've been having 100* the past few days. Seems like we just can't win this year with Mother Nature.

The trip has been great, though, and it was just the get-away that I so badly needed, what will all the stress going on at home the past several months.

How's everyone else been lately?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #346365 Jul 21st, 2011 at 03:18 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Gee I missed you, Lynne----I was looking up pictures for my Valarie's wedding---she called me this afternoon with a list of what the pictures that she wanted to makle a collage with (you know since her sister wont) & yerp you guessed it, could I bring them with me tomorrow when we go down to her fiancé's hometown.. rolz

Brian called Rod tonight & invited him to go down with him after they both get off work tomorrow night. Seems there is some pre-wedding partying to be done !!! grin

I really should get to sleep--night night everyone !!!!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #346366 Jul 21st, 2011 at 03:23 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Have fun with your bachelor(ette) parties, Carol.
I'm actually thinking of going to bed soon myself. I am a little sleepy even though I napped.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346367 Jul 21st, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Good morning everybody! wavy

We've had a wild sort of week here... can't tell if it was cosmically destined or comically! lol

Tuesday evening Maxi and I went out to the store. We were 8 blocks from home when my wheelchair broke! And of course we hadn't brought the cell phone w/ us. Of course. So Maxi parked me in a safe spot and ran back, up the hill to our place, called a friend who lives nearby and ran back down to me. The kid made the round trip so fast, I was surprised. Our friend came and scooped us up. I spent most of yesterday -- in between two medical appointments and shopping -- trying to arrange to have the chair fixed because it is past its warranty and I don't qualify for a new chair for two more years. A friend knows someone in town who is capable of repairing chairs and on the off chance he was at home, we stopped by his place. He was outside working on his car and took a look at my chair. He kept it, repaired it, and we picked it up early in the evening. He didn't charge me a cent! How terribly kind of him, really.

So now I am mobile again. YAY!

I know all of you who live in warmer climates are getting slammed by the heatwave. Yesterday we reached 93 and for our part of Maine, that is melting weather. Bad stuff. Last night it only cooled down slightly... at 10 PM it was still in the 80's. I hope y'all are finding ways to stay safe and cool.

Tomorrow morning we are having some movers come and unload the heavy pieces. When I called to hire them, they were as nice as they could be. They will bring in the washer, dryer, credenza, the chest of drawers, and dresser plus Maxi's curio cabinet. After that, all that will be in the POD is the kitchen table, book cases and various boxes and bins. After the movers leave we are hoping to get the rest of it unloaded and get the POD gone so we don't have to pay for it another month AND so we can start really putting our new home together.

This week I worked on establishing a pantry in the large kitchen closet. While I will use half of it for large items such as the cooler and vac, tool boxes and etc., the other half now has shelves for the pantry. It is working out fine.

Gotta go get ready for dialysis. Last treatment of the week and I am ready to be done.

See you all later!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #346369 Jul 22nd, 2011 at 03:26 AM
Good Morning All wavy

It's going to be a beautiful day here today. Low 80s. I can handle that.

Spent the morning taming this huge bush we have out front. It was here when we moved in and although it doesn't flower I do like it so it was one of the only things I didn't rip out when I started over. One of these days if I ever figure out how to post pics on here, I need to put it it on 'Mystery Plants' It's probably 12-14' high and widens out to about 8 ft. Well in the front of it, theres a small hill that drops down to the road and I planted sheets of mixed variety of sedums, so they could spread and cover that hill. That bush has taken over so much they were getting almost no sun. On each side of it I have privet bushes and it had mushroomed out over the top of those too. So me and my trusty pruners got to work and and hour or so later I can say the 'bush' has been tamed. applaud Now I love it even more! It looks beautiful and even sculptural since I cut off the bottom third of the leaves and you can now see all the small "trunks".

Anyway, I guess that's enough with my bush story. Hope everyone is well today and Merme, I've never chatted with you but I'm glad you were able to get your chair fixed by such a nice man. Unfortunately it seems that people like that are few and far between these days.

Pamela~

Tina #346373 Jul 22nd, 2011 at 05:35 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It is always nice to trim a large shrub so it pleases you. It gives a good sense of satisfaction.
I have done little outdoors other than water. That is a constant here. I slipped out to shop for a couple of items we needed and a few things we didn't really need so much.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346375 Jul 22nd, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I have been in "the chair" all day. Finally went out right before the sun went down and the heat about knocked me off my feet...needless to say I turned right back around and came inside.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Tina #346385 Jul 22nd, 2011 at 01:31 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That will be what your news and experts will be telling you to do. Keep indoors and stay cool. And hydrated. Got anything to crochet with?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346387 Jul 22nd, 2011 at 01:54 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Got anything to crochet with?

Yes....Chardonnay! shots lol thumbup

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346388 Jul 22nd, 2011 at 04:16 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Chardonnay is a great color to work with.
I'm heading to bed. Much later than I really wanted. But I was too tired to get up from my chair and go to bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346389 Jul 22nd, 2011 at 04:34 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
2:35am here...guess I should try to sleep. boohoo

Nighty night.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346390 Jul 22nd, 2011 at 08:47 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Tip-toeing through at 3:45.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346391 Jul 22nd, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
That's about what time I actually went to bed...finally ended up having to take a Halcion.

Lola just dumped a bowl of cereal all over me, the table and the floor (carpet). rolz
...some people's kids.......

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346396 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 01:26 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I went back to bed this morning. It was too dark to work outside and a kid was sleeping inside.
You make me glad my kids are past the dumping stage for the most part, Cindy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346397 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 02:26 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina

You make me glad my kids are past the dumping stage for the most part, Cindy.

Kind of crappy that Rachel was such a good kid, and Lola will be this way the rest of her (70 year) life...LOL
...I guess this is my karma....lol
(Well...it's really Rachel's karma...she will get Lola when I die!) haha

It is so hot outside..... boohoo

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346400 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 04:07 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, it took many years to get Teddy over the dumping stage. But we've gone about as far as we can with him, I guess. So I will have Ted as-is for the rest of my life. I have to get the laundry out of the dryer immediately or Ted 'helps' and puts it all back into the hamper with the dirty laundry. There other fun things. But the joy outweighs any detrimental things.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346403 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 07:15 AM
Cindy, you sound like a classic insomniac like myself. I was up til 5am this morning. Then when I fell asleep, I woke every hour or so until I finally got up at 8:30 cuz I couldn't stand it. By 10am I thought I would drop and layed down and slept my best until after 1pm. Couldn't believe it.

Jason, my husband, comes home today so I'm trying to tidy up the house a little although theres not much to do since I'm a neat freak and keep things very clean and organized which drives my family crazy.

It's hot today, gonna stay inside and then work in the yard this evening when it cools off.

Hope everyones having a good weekend!

Pamela~

Tina #346404 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 08:06 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I planned a nap today and caught a nice wave. I do like napping.
I was out trimming a sago palm today and also some jasmine vines gone nuts. I guess it wore me out.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346407 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 09:47 AM
Seems like napping is the only way I get any sleep anymore. snooz My nights are horrible. I wake up so much and even when i do sleep, because I have both back problems and fibromyalgia, I sit up in my sleep because of the pain and then fall over onto Jason, and then he has to wake me up, so after 2-3 times of that I go out on the couch so atleast he can get some sleep. uhuhh

I love jasmine and next year when I do the back yard I plan to put some out there. That's where I really get to have fun. I mean i love how the front has turned out but because of all the trees creating shade it's really a woodland type garden with plants rather than flowers. But the back yard is full sun, and thats where I'm gonna have fun with all the flowers and flowering vines I want to put in. I can't wait!!!! flwr

Pamela~

Tina #346408 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I know back problems are the pits and so must fibro be. I really only have arthritis that tries to render my hands and feet useless in cold, damp weather. Plus a sun allergy and a former skin cancer thing. When I go out and move my sprinklers around I pull weeds on my way by. I don't usually get much done in the rising heat of the afternoon but I did today, working in the shade. It was nice but short.
I only want to eat cold or room temperature food right now. I am trying to figure dinner. I have bunches to heat up or cook but have stripped my cold stores down to the bones. I still have fresh peaches and grapes. I'm thinking I need to make some chicken salad or something, soon. I do have cooked chicken breasts that I tucked into the freezer.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346410 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 01:00 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
What a day!
I have tried to sleep all freaking day and couldn't.
Once I really thought I could sleep, but Sparta and Lola wouldn't let me, so I locked Sparta in the bathroom and put Lola in her cage and tried to sleep...but I couldn't go to sleep because I felt like I was abusing my animals by locking them up...so I let them both back out. boohoo
I am such a freak.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346413 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 02:17 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope that will mean you can get some sleep sometime tonight, Cindy.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346415 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 02:31 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
We shall see.....I just took a Halcion.

I was in the chair a few minutes ago, had my eyes closed....and Spartacus jumped on me and took a big bite out of my cheek. So, I have a washcloth on it now. This cat ain't right......

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346416 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 02:40 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Hi everybody!

Maxi & I have had a hugely busy day. The movers came at 8:30 and unloaded all the heavy items from the POD and set them in their proper rooms. Then when they left, Maxi, Sarah (our weekend girl) and I spent the rest of the morning hauling in boxes & bins. By 1 PM, it was too hot & they were too exhausted to do any more, so we stopped. Sarah was working as a volunteer and went home to shower. I laid down for a nap bec/ I'd been having chest pain again all day & Maxi went up to his room to fool around w/ his laptop. When I got back up, Maxi and I tackled the mess in the living room & kitchen... we had to organize the boxes & bins and furniture so we have space in here. The kid worked himself silly today. LOTS of trips up the stairs to haul things up there. Then we made dinner together and I fell asleep again!

I must be sleeping for Cindy, having found the sleep she has lost!

Church in the morning. In the afternoon (if there are no t-storms) we will finish unloading the POD.

See you all tommorrow.

Cindy ~ protect yourself from that cat... he's too big to allow to do as he pleases.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #346417 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 02:43 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I must be sleeping for Cindy, having found the sleep she has lost!

Give me my sleep!!!!! boohoo

Cindy ~ protect yourself from that cat... he's too big to allow to do as he pleases.

I bit him back.......lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #346418 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 03:23 PM
I thought my cat was crazy. He was just tearing thru here loike a madman then scooped up one of my flip flops and turned on his back hugging it with his front leags and chewing on the side of it. He doesn't like me sleepin either. He sleeps at my feet or between Jasons feet but once I fall asleep and actually stay that way for a while, he's such a mommas boy that he wants attention and comes and starts bumpin his nose into my face and meowing rolzCats, love em to death but.....

Well gonna go take my meds and try to sleep!!! Nite All!

Pamela~

Tina #346419 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 03:29 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, Pamela.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346422 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 09:52 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy Good morning, everybody!

We're off to church today. It has cooled down to 76 and that feels so much better than 95-100. It's been too hot even to go to the beach, so this is far better.

See you all later!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #346424 Jul 23rd, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Another hot one in Kentucky today...I'm skeered to even open the door and stick my head out...I might spontaneously combust.

Today is Rachel's birthday...and Spartacus' birthday! Imagine that...I have 2 kids with the same birthday.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #346427 Jul 24th, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That makes the birthday shopping easier, Cindy. My 3 girls are a month apart at the end of summer beginning next Sunday. My oldest turns 39. My boys are a month apart in spring. My dog will turn 12 in February.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #346430 Jul 24th, 2011 at 12:06 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I don't birthday shop... blush
Rachel got a card and Spartacus got a big raw fish fillet this morning...lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image