Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
pam_ela Offline OP
OP Offline

I planted two new spirea a few weeks ago. They are blooming and have new growth but They are starting to look sparse in the middle toward the bottom. Couldnt see into them at all before. There is some yellow dry leaves in there. I'm just not sure if that normal or if something could be wrong?

Does anyone have any ideas?

idea

Pamela~

Whoever said gardening relieves stress wasn't talking about the first year of a new garden :)
1k Posts
1k Posts
It could just be transplant shock. How often do you water and what sun exposure do they get?

I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

pam_ela Offline OP
OP Offline
I water them evry 2-3 days and they get some morning and early afternoon sun but shade thru the hottest part of the day. They look good other than that. They bloomed and have new growth but I was worried that something could be wrong with the thinning out of the bottom middle. You are probably right that it's just shock from transplanting. I'm like a new mom I guess that's worrying about her new babies! blush

I probably need to quit worrying so much. But thanks for the info.

Pamela~

Whoever said gardening relieves stress wasn't talking about the first year of a new garden :)
1k Posts
1k Posts
hold off on watering until the top few inches of soil are dry.

also, try applying super thrive

I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image