Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#345793 Jul 2nd, 2011 at 05:23 PM
OP Offline
Hey guys, I was wondering if this indoor set up for tomatoes is okay. This is the first time im actually using artificial lights and all it is, is a 13W CFL full spectrum bulb. It's only two plants after all! I'm an 18 year old without a job and other hobbies so please tell me that this is an okay set up. Thanks!!!
[Linked Image]

Tomatoes FTW
For that size yes? My Early Girl is 6 feet tall. The bleeding edge on tube lights your first 4 foot fixture with reflector from Lowes or HD. Start with: cool white bulb The reasoning is that warm whites don't emit much blue light, which the plants use for photosynthesis and to regulate their growth. The cool white bulb supplies the blue light. I was confused about 'daylight' so looked into best inexpensive bulbs.
Warm white fluorescent (2700 Kelvin) emit a greater portion in the red and orange sectors.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image