Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
I have a few pieces of furniture that have some bad places and scuff marks on them and I am thinking of trying to paint and possibly distress them. I am not sure if you can even do this on something that isn't wood.. It's just cheap furniture, but I can't afford to buy anything else right now, and I am going to be moving into our new house and want it to look nice. Any suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

As long as you give the surface what they call "tooth" you should be able to paint just fine. This just means to use sandpaper to rough up any area that you plan to apply paint to. This gives the paint something to stick to. Good luck and happy painting!!!

Pamela

Pamela~

Whoever said gardening relieves stress wasn't talking about the first year of a new garden :)
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Thank you Pamela!! Hopefully that holds true. :) I should take before and after pics and post them... Maybe I will do that!!

That's a great idea....Would love to see it!

Pamela~

Whoever said gardening relieves stress wasn't talking about the first year of a new garden :)
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Did you ever do the re-painting?? We bought a mirror for our powder room that was the right size, but the wrong color (wanted dark brown, but the white was like $20 cheaper), so I bought a brown paint that I liked, sanded it, primed it, and painted it. It looks great in the powder room. :)

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image