Print Thread
Rate Thread
#34384 Apr 30th, 2007 at 07:06 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
The Pineapple Mint survived. Even though it got down to just one little piece. What I did was, because I didn't have a big pot to put it in, as it got longer I place little pots in it's way and let it root in each of the pots. So I ended up with 3 pots worth of pineapple mint. Today so far I've gotten two of the pots transplanted to the garden. And I'm putting them in a dappled sun area to see if it does improve the flavor. I have more more to put out and then I'll find a place to put the chocolate mint. I'm thinking over by the raised bed. Just to see if it can out run the weeds that show up there ever year.

[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
It will shade the weeds,but they both make good compost(Though SIL thinks its gross...I like to smell it to really gross her out...she knows what goes in...but just don't get it.)

I lost my pineapple mint.It was fineally looking good last year too.

Bet ya miss your camera huh............

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I little, I never got very good with it though. You make compost out of your mint? I think I got confused.

My pineapple mint smells just like mint only the smell isn't nearly as strong as with my peppermint.

The chocolate mint ended up over where I had one tomato plant that died. That area is really full sun but it was the best I could do.

Maybe I'll put the peppermint over on the burm. It needs to go outside because it overgrew it's pot.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image