Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jdamian Offline OP
OP Offline
My vegetable garden is overgrown with snowdrop flowers. I don't know how to get rid of them, other than pulling them out one by one, which would take forever!!! When I do attempt to pull them, tiny bulbs fall off the original bulb & then come back the following year. They are driving me crazy. I'm afraid to put any type of plant killer on them, because I will be planting my vegetables there in a few weeks. Any ideas???

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Oh My I'd love to have those flowers right Now,, I have No idea how to rid your self of them other than pulling them out like you have been, you'd have to get the bulbs and all.
I just looked them up and from what I understand they donot like really warm weather. ( don't know if that helps you or not?
I know this sounds like a lot of work But you'd have to get all the bulbs out of the area,, OR move your veggie garden to another place. Is this the first year for your veggie garden in that area?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Star Child
3k Posts
Star Child
3k Posts
Pulling them out is the only way, though it would be hard to get them all. I don't think they'll be a real problem at all I know ours our done blooming and we'll cut them back in the next few weeks. Long before its worm enough to think of putting vegetables outside.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
jdamian Offline OP
OP Offline
That's what I was afraid of. We get them every year. They keep multiplying & have now taken over. I would just leave them, but they get stuck in the tines of my rototiller.Thanks for your help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image