Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#342177 Mar 2nd, 2011 at 03:14 AM
kaoldt Offline OP
OP Offline
We are renting a large house with lots of yard to play with. The landlord has set some huge cement blocks like a wall by an area I was going to put up my gazebo in. I was thinking something viney in pots on top of the wall so that they would come down and cover the ugliness would be in order. The area would get mostly shade and something that grows quickly and fairly easy care would work here. Any suggestions?

Tina T.

kaoldt #342196 Mar 2nd, 2011 at 10:21 AM
hope this helps,, i havent seen this one, but its a shade lover for sure,, does better with sun, but heres what i have found out,,

Climbing hydrangeas solve a problem for homeowners with shady areas to plant. Even though they won't flower as profusely if planted in full shade, these shade-tolerant vines provide attractive foliage that can cover quite an area once the plants mature. hope this helps you out, blessings, beth

kaoldt #342208 Mar 2nd, 2011 at 09:35 PM
Star Child
3k Posts
Star Child
3k Posts
Maybe a periwinkle (Vinca) could work, they don't require much in the qway of nutrients and they love the shade.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image