Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well she should soon get used to it--and her being perfectly still for 9 hours a day will be good for her injury. Down the road when she is completely healed, you can make it up to her.

But for now, this will be easiest for/on you and the boys. She will get the quiet time she needs and her "humans" will not be home to feel guilty about it.

Prayers are still being sent from me to Emmy...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Jimmy V #340387 Jan 25th, 2011 at 05:43 AM
Jimmy, you do so have legal rights here! With the legal report, the police officer and a neighbor actually observing the incident you can sue the owners in small claims court. No matter if Emmy makes it or not ( and of course we are all hoping and praying for her complete recovery so that will mean a big bill for those people to pay ) they can be held responsible for any and all expenses incurred from said attack. You have more than an excellent case and you are just lucky that Breyton was not seriously injured by the dog in question.
God knows I love pits and have had several myself that were the salt of the earth but they have to be very carefully maintained, gentle handling, and you have to have complete control over them. You have to set up parameters and establish that you are the alpha dog of the pack or den and they will respect and mind you. Allowed to roam and they will try to be alpha dogs setting up their on turf. And in all cases people should educated themselves on any and all pets that they intend to share their life with. Thus they should and in cases of dogs are responsible for damages inflicted by said animal. In many cases on their own property and especially off of their property. That is why many insurance companies will not insure homes with certain breeds of animals. And that is why they established leash laws in this country. Ignorance is no excuse the courts will tell you when your animal hurts or damages others and their property.

Jimmy V #340388 Jan 25th, 2011 at 05:57 AM
oops I missed some pages and didn't see that Emmy was on the mend but still for her sake and Dianes' and yours you need to take this to small claims court. These people do not need to be allowed to get away with this. Even if the dog was put down these are type of people that will just go out and get another pit or rottie or some other type of dog that they will be just as irresponsible for. They need to learn that they HAVE to take responsibility for their actions and their pets actions when they do not provide adequate control of the pet or pets.

Jimmy V #343066 Apr 2nd, 2011 at 01:29 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
UP Date..
Emmy seems to be healing fairly well,, It been a long haul since december,, she had accomadated with her broken shoulder,, I can't afford the HUGE amount to repair it,, but she no longer limps or "bounces off it",, she seems happy and her appetite is back where it was before the attack. Her playful spirit is 100% back,, grin Now that I have 3 boys to play with her she is happy happy happy,, but they all have been taught how to pick her up carefully even the 4 yr old understands we must be careful not to hurt her,, her rib is still healing you can still feel it on her side,, but she has adjusted to it as well,, the Dr said it may take a full 6 months for it to heal, but she is coming along just fine,,
the owners of the pit said they would pay,, But I have YET to receive anything from them,, I would have to obtain a lawyer and take to civil courts to enforce payments and I don't have lawyer $$, But as long as Emmy is happy that is what is important to me!
BTW Emmy turned 5 Yrs old in March,, I can't believe it's been 5 years ALREADY! shock and she still acts like a puppy and STILL likes to play with Butter Bowls, lol touched lol

[Linked Image]

Last edited by angelblossom; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 01:43 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Jimmy V #343068 Apr 2nd, 2011 at 02:18 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Awwwwww there's that cutie patootie!!! She looks GOOD, Diane!

So glad she has her appetite and spirit back, and so glad that the boys are gentle with her - that's also a GOOD thing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
she looks like she is in full spirits, Diane--Back to her old self--which was one happy, playful Puppy!!! I am so glad for you all. applaud

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #343077 Apr 2nd, 2011 at 01:43 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Thanks Lynne and Carol kissie we are starting to take her for walk,, Boy she has let us know it's long over do! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Jimmy V Offline OP
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Love that photo every time I go over Emmy is so glad to see me. Her recovery is fantastic. A true miracle.

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Jimmy V #343086 Apr 3rd, 2011 at 01:54 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy V
Her recovery is fantastic. A true miracle.

lol On all her documents Her "given name" is,,,
Emma MiracleWilliams ,, Emmy for short!
I had a hard time talking Dwight into letting me have Emmy,, Someone had told me "IF Dwight lets you have her,, you'd better name her Emma Miracle,, notme" So I did on Original Vet Papers But Vets Now call her Emmy cuz I always did,, :wink:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,868
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image