Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am getting ready to go to bed now---
Tomorrow I am going to "The Ripson Bridge Festival" in a country town close to here, where my mom grew up, they have a sort of craft festival out in a field just across the afore mentioned bridge the first Sunday of every October. There will be craft boothes, things such as people making soap & possibly apple butter, food & beverage Stands, music & things such as wagon rides back & forth across to the parking area and down the road.

All in all a good time---I will be going with my mom.

I'll check in in the morning if I get time or I'll see ya all tomorrow night---
G'nite wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds like fun, Carol. Sweet dreams.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Really going to bed now---sweet dreams to you too Tina. kissie

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am up before the sun today again. I like watching it rise with my coffee cup in hand.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all...the sun is shining today and the wind is cool, a lovely Fall day. Hope everyone has a good one planned for Sunday.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
It is cool here, also, Tam but on the damp side.

No one here has asked me for a very long time what I am wearing or wore to church. That was a particular interest to Fernie & Patty S. So I'll tell ya, anyway.

I wore.... my black cotton full, knee-length skirt w/ the ruffle at the hem and two rows of elaborate cutwork lace. I teamed that up with my white totally laced front tank top, and my black & white dressy cardigan. I wore my black maryjanes and a pearl necklace and a black headband. I looked fine! lol

Church was lovely & it was Breakfast Sunday so we all had a great feast before the service. After church, we ran over to Wal-Mart because we were only one town away & Maxi's birthday is tomorrow.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
We're still staying in the 50's and 60's mostly. I woke up with a headach today and it started to get better but now it's starting to feel like it's turning in to a migraine. Hoping to make it at least a couple more hours at work. Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Merme, your outfit sounds nice, glad you had a good breakfast and were able to go shopping.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oh no, Cheryl! I so hope you do NOT get a full blown migraine today!

Yes, today was fun. I rarely get to shop at Wal-Mart and almost never with Maxi along. So we had a blast, even taking some time to look through the $5 DVD bin & found some cool stuff. He is SUCH a history buff, we found hours & hours of DVD time about WWII & Vietnam. And lucky me found 3 sports bras/$10 and 7 prs socks/$6. Sports bras are the most comfy for the long hours in the dialysis chair.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that my Sis in OH went shopping for me. Ro has been making me clothes & shopping for me since she was 8 and I was 5. She is the BEST seamstress I have ever met. Anyway, periodically -- oh every few years or so -- she'll go on a shopping spree for me and did so last week. The box will be here mid-week and I can't wait!

All I know for sure that is in it is 17 tops and several pairs of slacks but I won't know anything exactly until it all arrives. I have been really pushing the limit on not shopping for myself and have been wearing the same three outfits to dialysis for more than 2 years and that constant wearing & washing has worn them all out terribly. It was time to replace stuff!

Also in the box are special ties for Maxi. His Uncle Lyle went through his collection & chose some for Maxi & then his Cousin Charles contributed some formal bow ties (the kind you have to tie). So Maxi is tickled pink his wardrobe of ties is expanding & even bought himself a bright red (! of course!) tie on clearance. lol He tells me he wants one w/ batteries that lights up! haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Headache started to ebb and is now coming back. Took some different medicine this time, hope it helps. I'm really trying to push the water, I think I'm dehydrated and that's part of why I have a headache. We need to eat dinner still, see you all later.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thinking of you and your headaches, Cheryl. I used to have migraines--and they are not nice. I have found if you take something right as you think you are getting one you have far better chance of getting rid of it, then if you wait to see if it is really a full blown migraine.

I hope it goes away soon..

Nighty night everyone---sweet dreams & sleep tight.

________

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope your headache is gone after a good night's sleep, Cheryl.
Sweet dreams, Carol.
Today was an odd this and that day. But a good one. I got all of the laundry done. Some of that was backed up a bit because I don't run my dryer in the heat of the day. I got bits of raking done and a lot of watering. Just some little things. But not a dull day. My son is bathed, nails clipped and ready for a school week.
I will sleep well tonight.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
rose :ding: rose :ding: rose HAPPY NEW WEEK, EVERYBODY! rose :ding: rose :ding: rose

It is the start of a brand new week and I hope everyone has a great one!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all, Hi Merme.

Brr, it's nippy out there, everything is covered in frost, temp is at 36*F and dropping. Yup, flurries will be in the air anytime now.

I still never got my apples to make jelly, I must go today...that's if the trees have any left on them??

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am very ready to get the day begun.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Send me some of your energy Tina...it's 9:30 here and I haven't done a thing yet.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I dunno about energy. I am mentally more ready for the day than physically yet. I am just finishing my first cup and stretching the night's kinks away.
It is cooler here as well, 61*. And damp. That has my bones complaining quite a bit. I took some meds for the aches and am waiting for them to kick in.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
Good morning all, Hi Merme.

Brr, it's nippy out there, everything is covered in frost, temp is at 36*F and dropping. Yup, flurries will be in the air anytime now.

I still never got my apples to make jelly, I must go today...that's if the trees have any left on them??

Good Morning everyone---- coffee

OH MY I didnt come on here earlier---I forgot,----- DH brought me a cup of coffee & then I got up & had things to tell him. Now I am waiting for my mom to get here--I invited her to go on some errands with me.

Tamara---Please take care of you--& dont over do, OK????

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning
We have had a very busy time of it... kids got the house.. got half moved in and Jon's Nana had a stroke.. she passed away yesterday.. Jon had to go to the nursing home with his family to sit vigil with them... Carrie and I and her friend Josh , oldest dd and her son moved and got the new house set up as well as we could... got a lot done but still needs a lot of doing- on top of that Carrie had her sis in laws kids there too- including a not quite yr old baby... 7 kids all boys !
Then they used the shower in their master bath for first time- it leaks down to kitchen and basement- we are trying to find out who did the work on it so they can come fix it- had a plumber come and he says pipes aren't tied in .. good thing they have 3 other bathrooms! hopefully the plumber that did the work originally will make good on it... thats just shoddy work - bathroom were just all redone before they bought the house... they went to old house to get rest of stuff today with help from Jon's brother and friend Josh... should be last of stuff- then we need to go clean up back yrd and sweep out house a little.. hopefully he will get it rented and let them out of lease soon.
I am tired today- have Nicoli he got a fever and cough last night-- so keeping him here so they can do what they need to.. Joe's surgery is tomorrow morning early so I can't do much for them after today... my son is coming to act as chauffer for us and stay with me while he is in surgery ... boy after this couple weeks I will need a vacation!
well off to get bedding changed and laundry started... dust and vacuum my house too...may even make dinner....LOL!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry to hear of Jon's grandmother, Nana. Prayers for peace for all. I have had a super busy day and I'm exhausted already. But the rest of the week should move along more smoothly.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

I can only stay a minute but Nana I want to post to you before I go...

I'm very sorry Jon's grandmother passed away.

It is good there was at least a few people on hand to help Carrie finish the move. And how awful about the bathroom! It is unbelievable! Hopefully they'll be able to track down the right plumber to fix it.

I will be praying for Joe, Nana... as well as for some smoother times for you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I too am sorry to hear of Jon's grandmother passed away.
You are all in my prayers.

IT was nice to hear however that the family pulled together & got them moved. I do so hope that the original plummer will fix the bathroom--I would hope that the plummer in question or the seller is still responsible for this--surely someone knew this was like this---didn't an inspector catch this??
I just so hope that the kids do not end up with the added expense of getting this fixed.

merme I hope you and Maxi had a great day!!! My but how hwe has grown.

I need to get going now , I am tired, so I will say good night to you all & I will see everyone at some point tomorrow. wavy Sweet dreams

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
**********************closed***************

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image