Print Thread
Rate Thread
#332006 Oct 2nd, 2010 at 12:45 PM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I was very lucky to find 4 pictures made of jade picturing iconic flowers. I would love to be able to find out about the artist but it's all in asian characters. Is there anyway I can find out about these? It's started to drive me crazy lol. I keep a household inventory and I can't figure out how to price these. I think they are worth far more than I paid.

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Tammy, have you sent a PM to Kenny So? He might have good information for you...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
the four most portrayed plants are plum, cymbidium, mum, and bamboo - maybe you have those? upload a scan here and i'll see if i can tell you what they are.

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I know what they are. They are cherry blossom, mums, peonies, and lotus blossoms.

What I don't know is who the artist is. The name is written in asian characters. So I can't even reproduce them to search on the internet and I have no idea how to read them.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image