30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Here she is..and yes i hadn't slept in 2 days, I look tired lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #327524 Aug 12th, 2010 at 05:54 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Awesome. You look happy. She looks happy. Thank you for sharing with us.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #327526 Aug 12th, 2010 at 05:58 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
She is beautiful ! Congratulations and hope you all get some rest soon... babies are so much fun but a lot of work too...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #327527 Aug 12th, 2010 at 06:12 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I so love pictures but these are the best !! Thanks so much for sharing.
She is a real sweetie pie. Babies may be a lot of work at first--but I say they are well worth it. I guess you can sleep when you get home.
Julie is going to be lost without you. She will Likely be on the phone & computer constantly wanting advice. It is good to have a momma to talk to at this time, that I remember.

Blessings to you all.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #327533 Aug 12th, 2010 at 07:25 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Wonderful pictures of real cuties! Both you and Madisson! This is such an exciting time for you all - though I know you are exhausted, eat it all up!

By the way, Tamara - I love your hairstyle on you!

pssssst - Tamara... I think you can change your signature line now - no longer waiting for Madisson's arrival, right?!? lol thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #327538 Aug 12th, 2010 at 08:04 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Gorgous Tamara,

Baby looks great , We wish you all the best.

Bet daughter is proud of you too.

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #327549 Aug 12th, 2010 at 08:59 AM
Congrats!!! How special!! Here's to baby Madisson!! Welcome to the world little one! You'll like it here! So many wonderful things for you to discover!!! And obviously a grandma who loves you very very much!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

* Crystal *

garden3fairy #327563 Aug 12th, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
She is simply beautiful, Tamara! And those delicate long fingers she has got!

I hope you get some rest soon.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #327571 Aug 12th, 2010 at 02:23 PM
Mister Mystery
1k Posts
Mister Mystery
1k Posts
Congratulations Tamara...

Here she is..and yes i hadn't slept in 2 days, I look tired

Better be nice to Madisson, the NEW BOSS in the family or you will have many more sleepless nights.

[Linked Image]

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
papito #327583 Aug 12th, 2010 at 05:53 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I think you look great and so does she.

Bestofour #327585 Aug 12th, 2010 at 05:57 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Sheri
I thought it was you not Tamara on there.

Hair do?

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #327963 Aug 18th, 2010 at 04:48 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks everyone...

Seems like Madisson is colicky..she puts in some bad days(she was fine when I was there..maybe she misses her Grammie?). DD is calling to make an appointment today at a local clinic. They gave her a family doctor that is 45 minutes away and the bus doesn't run there and they have no car..even after she told them her situation.

Sunflowers #327965 Aug 18th, 2010 at 05:17 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I hope the clinic can figure out what Baby Madisson needs, Tam. Please let us know when you hear.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #327967 Aug 18th, 2010 at 05:28 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Whoops , Hope it is minor stuff.
Prayers for baby.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Merme #327995 Aug 18th, 2010 at 07:29 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
I hope the clinic can figure out what Baby Madisson needs, Tam. Please let us know when you hear.

Oh my I hope she is not colicky.
My brother had the colic. I can still remember.
I was 14 & my sister was 10.
ALL 4 of us took turns carrying him from like 5 in the evening until 10 at night while he cried. This went on for months!!!!
It seems the hospital messed up his formula recipe (the was back in 1966--no pre-made formula then) They exchanged the water for the evaporated milk.

anyway it was a real mess.
I will hope that medical science has made strides in treatment since then... Poor baby Madisson--- kissie Poor Mommy & Daddy :ding:

________

JunieGirl #328034 Aug 18th, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
DD is waiting on a call from another doctor. Baby is having a little better day today..thankfully.

Carol, you know that's true..we all grew up here on can evaporated milk mixed with water and vitamin drops added and are we are all still living. Now they want you to buy the most fancy formula with all these added ingredients or else your baby will die from malnutrition..geez.

I was shocked at all the different additives/brands and selection they had at the pharmacy.

I put Madisson on Nestle Good Start with Iron..expensive but apparently the easiest milk formula to digest. Hope so..

Sunflowers #328042 Aug 18th, 2010 at 01:46 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
This is what I used for Jonni and Ted for supplementing breast milk when necessary. And weening. It didn't seem to have any adverse effects. I hope she gets on a livable and happy schedule soon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #328045 Aug 18th, 2010 at 02:14 PM
Mister Mystery
1k Posts
Mister Mystery
1k Posts

[Linked Image]

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
Sunflowers #328046 Aug 18th, 2010 at 02:15 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
DD is waiting on a call from another doctor. Baby is having a little better day today..thankfully.

Carol, you know that's true..we all grew up here on can evaporated milk mixed with water and vitamin drops added and are we are all still living. Now they want you to buy the most fancy formula with all these added ingredients or else your baby will die from malnutrition..geez.

I was shocked at all the different additives/brands and selection they had at the pharmacy.

I put Madisson on Nestle Good Start with Iron..expensive but apparently the easiest milk formula to digest. Hope so..

I think you might want to stay away from anything with added iron unless advised by a DR. It could constipate her--& couldnt that cause gas--& couldnt that make her uncomfortable??:

Valarie was on Enfamil--Emily was on Isomil. Emily could not tollerate dairy when she was small. the Emfamil would satisfy her, she would settle down & go to sleep only to soon wake up vomit the last meal. With Isomil she grew, was healthy but was always crying because she was hungry. I always assumed there was less fat in the isomil (it was soy based)

________

JunieGirl #328050 Aug 18th, 2010 at 02:25 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
The Doc said it had to have the iron...DD's iron is so low and that the baby's would be also...now Soy formula is the last resort for babies..something to do with hormones???

Sunflowers #328054 Aug 18th, 2010 at 03:06 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yep--like I said, Emily was on a soy based formula. The brand I bought was Isomil.
and like I said, while it didnt seem to satisfy her, she grew like a weed & was healthy on it---Eventually everything was ok--I will say that.

I had to give my valarie vitamins with exctra iron, so I understand that also.
To this day she is borderline anemic.---Dr u sed to yell at me to let her eat more protein.---"let" I say??? she was little & thin but not from not eating----
\she was a good eater, just did not eat fattening things

________

JunieGirl #328061 Aug 18th, 2010 at 04:12 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi was so sensitive as a premie that he had to have predigested forumla! yikes Yup, you read that right! lol I couldn't even bear to ask the doctor HOW they "predigested" it! But one day he mentioned it was done w/ enzymes. Oh! phew! haha

To this day he is intolerant of lactose.

So his formula was $28 a can, and that was 14 years ago. I hate to think what it would be in today's prices.

And yes, Tam, my siblings, cousins, and I were all evaporated milk babies. And one of my nephews was also. And as you say, they were all healthy.

Interestingly enough, a premie needs milk w/ a much higher fat content than a full term baby. It apparently has something to do w/ needing to build the fat layer surrounding the mylon sheaths of the brain. Wonderfully, the mother of a premie will make a milk naturally with a higher fat content than the mother of a full term baby will! I would have liked to have breast fed Maxi for longer than I was able to, but something like only 2% of premies successfully breast feed because they just aren't strong enough or able to suckle. So, just like so many others, Maxi was tube fed through his nose for the first month though we did put breast milk in the tube for as long as I could make it.

I hope Baby Madisson's tummy settles down happily enough soon!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #328089 Aug 19th, 2010 at 03:34 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Maxi was so sensitive as a premie that he had to have predigested forumla! yikes Yup, you read that right! lol I couldn't even bear to ask the doctor HOW they "predigested" it! But one day he mentioned it was done w/ enzymes. Oh! phew! haha

They had her on that for a day at the hospital when they were still trying to convince DD to breastfeed..it's called Alimentum now and over twice the price of regular formula..

Madisson was feeding from mom every 45 minutes and screaming in between and losing a half pound a day..uh I told the nurse.."something isn't working", she said well take her home and give it a good week to see. At a half pound a day there'd be nothing left to her in a week..DD isn't a good healthy eater, so I'm assuming her milk wouldn't have been the best for baby either. So I demanded formula, the poor thing was choking trying to guzzle down her bottle.

She had a better day yesterday so I'm thinking it was just two days of fussiness..adding a tired mom to the mix doesn't help either, still waiting on another doc to call to set up an appointment.

Sunflowers #328093 Aug 19th, 2010 at 04:41 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Madisson was feeding from mom every 45 minutes and screaming in between and losing a half pound a day..uh I told the nurse.."something isn't working", she said well take her home and give it a good week to see. At a half pound a day there'd be nothing left to her in a week..

I'm so glad, so very glad you were able to be there with them at that time, Tam! I can't imagine any nurse telling DD to "give it a good week" while the baby was losing at that rate! yikes Good for you for insisting on an alternative to get the baby fed! Good for you!

DD isn't a good healthy eater, so I'm assuming her milk wouldn't have been the best for baby either.

The toughest part of mom's who don't eat healthy and still breast feed is that the mom's body will strip itself of any & all stored nutrients to put into the milk, so that mom will end up severely deficient. And even so, after a while, there isn't anything left to add to the milk. Unfortunately, many women get into that condition and then get pregnant again -- before even recovering from the first one.

She had a better day yesterday so I'm thinking it was just two days of fussiness..adding a tired mom to the mix doesn't help either

Oh I do hope that is all that was wrong! Does DD know what to do if baby gets uncomfortable with gas? positions to try?

You know, it often takes an experienced mother to detect when something isn't right with the feedings, like you were able to do for Madisson.

One of my sisters brought her baby home from the hospital and was breast feeding him. He got into a crying jag my sister couldn't stop. I was young & didn't know anything about babies so I couldn't be any help. Just then our older sister arrived after driving 12 hours to visit to meet the new baby. She was an exoerienced mom. She held the screaming baby for just a minute right after he came off the breast & discretely checked his mouth. His mouth was bone dry! She told our other sister that something was wrong & the baby wasn't getting fed right. So off I ran to the store (I could do errands, at least!) and bought evaporated milk, karo, bottles, everything. And just like you describe Madisson did with her first bottle, our Ted gulped his first bottle also.

To this day I don't know how long it would have taken for us to figure out what was wrong if our older sister hadn't arrived!

Thank God for experienced mom's who can help out the newer ones.

kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #328094 Aug 19th, 2010 at 05:19 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

You know, it often takes an experienced mother to detect when something isn't

Thank God for experienced mom's who can help out the newer ones.

kissie

Yep it sure does help. I thank Goodness for my mom.
How long until you are there again??? Really the problem could be a lot of little things, that your DD just cannot recognize. I will hope that is all it is anyway. Hoping either you or the Dr figures out what is the problem soon.

Kisses for madisson & her mommy

________

JunieGirl #328095 Aug 19th, 2010 at 05:22 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Cheers for grannys......

But my darling daughter in law thinks the opposite. I know nothing an her mom knows it all.
They said so. Cause she was a nurses aid one time.LOL
So we arent allow to baby sit at all.

Consider yourself lucky tamara.

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #328098 Aug 19th, 2010 at 05:33 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am so sorry for you Barb. You know while it is good that she has her mom & that she feels so strongly that her mom is knowledgable, She would be wise to take advantage of your experience as well. One day your DIL will come to realize how wrong she was. I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

________

JunieGirl #328101 Aug 19th, 2010 at 06:03 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'll be going down again in a little over 2 weeks Carol..we thought it might be colic for the simple reason that she'd quiet down when DD would 'sush' real loud...she was screaming so loud that she(the baby)was pulling out her own hair and upsetting herself even more(so now she has been put in scratch mittens)I told her to turn on the new vacuum we bought her to see if the 'white noise' helped but she hasn't been so bad yesterday..just a little fussiness.

It's just hard when your so far away and just can't go help right at the moment.

Her best friends mom is going Saturday for the day(on her back from dropping her DD off at University)..I told DD to pack up the baby and come up for a bit if she wants some rest..the best friends mom lives just two miles from me.

So sorry for your situation Dodge...just remember when the 'babies' are old enough, they'll know the difference and ask to be dropped off with you for the day kissie

Sunflowers #328104 Aug 19th, 2010 at 06:21 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

It's just hard when your so far away and just can't go help right at the moment.

Her best friends mom is going Saturday for the day(on her back from dropping her DD off at University)..I told DD to pack up the baby and come up for a bit if she wants some rest..the best friends mom lives just two miles from me.

well THAT would be a good plan--a good rest for her & some happy Baby time for you & grampy. I hope she thinks to do that. Yes I can see it is hard. I am sitting here about to cry over it-(honestly). I hope this all resolves itself soon.

________

JunieGirl #328358 Aug 21st, 2010 at 05:59 PM
Congrats nana Tamara clap..see the little one has the cute trait from her nana's side :wink:

I hate being that tired tears

Give congrats to mom too..the fun of motherhood begins ... badday egad lol

snow

Don't like the weather in Michigan?..wait 30 sec.
Sunflowers #328393 Aug 22nd, 2010 at 06:44 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Here she is..and yes i hadn't slept in 2 days, I look tired lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great {Pictures} Tamara,, grin 'May Madisson have a full healthy wonderful life grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,813
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image