Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#32588 Apr 27th, 2007 at 12:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
After seeing Marks movie clip I decided to take the camera Bill bought us for Christmas outside to try a clip of my own. It worked, and it's neat!

First of all, NO I usually don't ever use red hummingbird food.....but I was out of sugar and someone bought me some packs for my BD so I decided to put it out early now and get rid of it.

Second, I know it's lu-pin, not lu-pine....but I always say lupine....I don't know why I just do. lol

Yes, my yard still has a lot of cleanup work to do in it, things still look pretty rough....the backsteps need repainted, and there are leaves and weeds everywhere. And the porches and paths are still messy. It'll look totally different in the summer though--promise.

Pay attention when I get near my small azalea...when I say I think it's died you can hear a bit of English accent come out even though I totally don't have one--just certain words...and I think I sound a bit different in person than I do on the clip, but here it is! I must be crazy putting this on here, but Mark's was so cool it inspired me.

[Linked Image]

#32591 Apr 27th, 2007 at 01:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Very cool loz! Thank you for doing that! It is very neat to see everything around everybody's yards!

#32593 Apr 27th, 2007 at 01:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Well I took all of those pictures before, but pictures just aren't the same as seeing actual moving video huh?

I about died when I realized my neighbor was working outside and here I was talking to myself like a crazy woman..... lol

I can't believe how messy it sill is out there, I've already done a TON of cleaning up, and there is still a TON more to do. rspb

Oh and my close neighbor there with the tulips...she's an older lady and we get along great, we give each other plants and talk at the fence a lot! thumbup

Last edited by loz; Apr 27th, 2007 at 01:06 PM.
#32594 Apr 27th, 2007 at 01:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Oh your yard looks great! It is a lot of work to clean it up in the spring and it looks wonderful so far!

That is great that you have such a nice neighbor to talk to and exchange plants!

#32597 Apr 27th, 2007 at 01:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Heck yeh Cindy, you could take a video of Lola talking! Do it! You really should, I'd love to hear her!!!

You should take a clip of your yard too, why not?

Jess, I'm glad that I have the neighbor there---she's really great....when I got on vacation this year I know she'll pop over and feed my fish and stuff and keep an eye on the house for us!

#32601 Apr 27th, 2007 at 01:55 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Wow Loz, that was great!! I think Mark has really started something here![Linked Image]
And you sound just like on the mic the other night[Linked Image]

Cindy that would be so much fun if you made a video with Lola!! Everyone would love that!![Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
That would be very cool Cindy! You really should do that!

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Loz - I really enjoyed that video, but I must tell you, I definitely heard a SOUTHERN accent!!! You have some great plants and decorations in your gardens - thanks for sharing them!

oh... by the way... were you wearing flip-flops?
I thought I heard the click click click of them while you walked from area to area! lol why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I am 61 percent southern, a definitive Southern score! lol

I think the clicking you can hear are my keys in the same hand as my camera....click clacking around.

I have big plans for the yard. Bigger pond, arbor over the pond, benches, etc....all takes money though. rspb

#32610 Apr 27th, 2007 at 02:33 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Cooooool I love these videos!! I hear a bit of an english accent a couple of times but it's definatley Northern.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
#32618 Apr 27th, 2007 at 02:55 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
I think a mural would be cool too!!

CINDY....I double dog dare you?!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I was thinking of painting some birdhouses and plants on there....maybe a tiered birdbath, something like that. It would be a pretty big project though and I'd be sad when it started peeling.

But one of these days I may attempt it! thumbup

Plus you got to see firsthand how literally close I am to mom. lol

#32721 Apr 27th, 2007 at 03:50 PM
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Very cool!! grin grin clap clap

I heard southern in your accent too! lol

I may have started a "backyard filming" craze! lol :wink:

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
You did Mark, I think you really did start a craze.

Mom asked me to come do all of her yard now too! lol

#33114 Apr 27th, 2007 at 10:24 PM
5k Posts
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Triss
A mural would last a good long time Loz, especially if you sprayed a protective coat on it.

thumbupi second that! it would look awsome!
great video loz! clap

[Linked Image]
sibyl #33179 Apr 28th, 2007 at 06:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I really might do it! Why not!!! Would I have to buy a ton of outdoor paint, or could I do acrylics and the clear coat it????? I have every color under the rainbow when it comes to acrylics but I know they aren't waterproof....I clear coat everything I put outside that I paint with them.

I should've waited and took the video today, Mark mowed and weedwhacked the grass last night and it looks tons neater and better! lol

#33255 Apr 28th, 2007 at 09:27 AM
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Exterior house paint would last the longest for that sort of mural. Be sure to scrape any loose paint off the wall then prime the whole thing wih Bin or Zinnser123! I say go for it. Look on the "oops" racks for deals on paint.

Great video.
I have to get more tulip bulbs this fall!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image