Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#327139 Aug 8th, 2010 at 06:57 AM
LISA45 Offline OP
OP Offline
Good morning, i want to plant some container plants under neath and around my big percimin(or how ever you spell it)tree. Right now i have 4 in containers and one that is in the ground. Its a partial sunny to shaded area. What types of plants would look good together under a tree. I would like different sizes. I will be using containers just incase they arent happy under the tree i can always find a better spot for them. Any ideas and names of some plants that arent to hard to care for? Please give me some suggestions. Thank you lisa

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, Lisa.
When I went on a vacation for 6 weeks, I clustered almost all of my potted plants under my persimmon tree so that the friend helping me water could have an easier job of it. I ended up loving them under there so I left many right there when I came back.
If you click on this link <--- it will take you to a page of plants that should do well under different amounts of shade.
We were all new to forums and computers at some point. Ask as many questions as you need and we will try to help you out.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Hi Tina: Just viewed your page of shade loving plants and now have about 8 of them that I can use this spring. Thank you so much. I'm an absolute dunce at this and need everybody's help. New to this forum from Canada (Hamilton).

gracie_girl

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Gracie ~

I'm glad you found the shade page useful. There is much great info on this site. But there are also many fine people who love to talk about gardening! So jump in the conversations anywhere you'd like.

It's good to have you here.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi and welcome Gracie..Hamilton, Ontario??

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
3k Posts
3k Posts
If you live in a warm zone, how about some begonias? If you're in a cold climate, you can always bring them in for the winter. 'Specially if you're keeping them in pots.

I'd use fresh potting soil for indoors though; that way, you won't have to worry about bugs.

When sorting seeds, do not whistle.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image