Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#326598 Aug 2nd, 2010 at 09:35 AM
OP Offline
Good morning,
For the past few weeks I have noticed an enormous amount of almost microscopic black bugs on my grape vines. So far I haven't noticed much unusual damage but they are increasing and spreading. I sprayed them with liquid Sevin about ten days ago but they just kinda looked at me and said "Is that the best ya got?" Can anyone tell me what they are and how to get rid of them? I have a pretty good picture but I can't figure out how to post it in the message.

Thanks,
Charlie

Thanks, Charlie
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, Charlie. If you don't see damage like holes in the leaves and things, it is probably a sucking bug, much like aphids. Does your Sevin container say when to reapply? If it is a spray, I would add some insecticidal soap (or a small squirt of dish detergent) to the mix. Sucking insects really hate that stuff. But it needs to be reapplied every few days as the older washes off. Make sure to get the underside of the leaves.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie_Webb
I have a pretty good picture but I can't figure out how to post it in the message.
Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie here ya go--
I copied & pasted the below information from "members benefits" here on the forum. Wild Willy has a wealth of information here about many things, it just takes patience to find what it is you want.

The picture needs to be uploaded to a server. Most everyone here uses Photobucket.
http://www.photobucket.com
It's very easy. It takes just a minute to join Photobucket, and it's super easy to use...and FREE!

You upload your photo there, then there is a thumbnail of the picture, with 3 lines under it..."Url", "Tag", and "Img".
You just highlight the bottom line (Img) then right-click and copy it, then paste it right into your reply post.

At the top of the thumbnail photos there is an "edit" button, where you can resize your picture. The pictures posted here can't be over 640x480.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
OP Offline
Thank you for the help with the picture thing and the suggestion on controlling these things. Let me see if I can get this picture to work here:
[Linked Image]

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Eek it worked chalie

What the heck are the bugs? We have beatle problems here.Large

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I say it is aphids, probably. I would spray about every 3 days with a spray bottle of water with a squirt of soap in it. That is actually a very good picture.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,868
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image