Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#310047 Mar 15th, 2010 at 02:32 PM
OP Offline
I want to have 2-3 Topsy Turvy Upside Down planters with flowers that contain
nectar for the Hummingbirds to feed. Can someone suggest plants to use. I live in Nashville Tn. I don't have a green thumb so I need your help.
Last year we had very few Hummers but our 1st year we had a very large amount.

Thanks for your help.
Walter Griffin aka fishinternet

Last edited by Wild Willy; Mar 15th, 2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: No e-mail posting
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Welcome to the forums, Walter. The way these forums usually work is that you post something here and we try to answer you HERE. This really isn't an email service.

There are many types of flowers you can grow to attract hummingbirds. Any tubular shaped, preferably brightly colored flower will work. Are you looking for vining flowers, or more compact? What exposure will these planters be in - sunny? Shade? Part sun and shade? Knowing those answers will help us in answering your question.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Hi Walter and welcome. We don't encourage email addresses on the open forums. But you can subscribe to a thread where answers are automatically sent to your email. Meanwhile begin here for hummingbird friendly plants.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Marieke
Unregistered
Marieke
Unregistered
Hummingbirds are specialized nectarivores and are tied to the ornithophilous flowers they feed upon. In selecting flowers to attract hummingbirds, should plant red flowers, red is notorious for attracting hummingbirds. For example you can plant Trumpet vines which attracts hummingbirds.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image