Salt and black pepper
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk or half-and-half, whichever you keep on hand for coffee
2 jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry and chopped
A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
4 crusty rolls, split
4 slices smoked Gouda cheese*
2 cups chopped watercress (from 1 bunch)

Directions

Preheat the broiler.

Season the chicken breast cutlets evenly with smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil, twice around the pan, in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest, tented with foil.

Wipe out the pan and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with salt, pepper and milk, or half-and-half. Add the roasted peppers and parsley to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds, then add the eggs and scramble to your desired doneness with a wooden spoon or spatula.

While the eggs cook, toast the rolls under the broiler for 1 minute, then remove them to a work surface. Keep the broiler on.

To assemble, slice the chicken and pile it on the roll bottoms. Top each Sammy with one quarter of the eggs and a slice of cheese. Place the Sammies back under the broiler for 30 seconds to melt the cheese. Reserve the tops.

When the cheese has melted, transfer the Sammies to plates and top them with a pile of watercress, then set the roll tops in place.

Makes 4 sandwiches

I changed it a little for us.

The cutlets Rachael had were paper thin. My store doesn't sell cutlets so I use the very thin boned chicken breast.

Instead of olive oil I use PAM for cooking.

We like it better without the cheese, once used lettuce instead of watercress and the other night used soft, squishy white bread instead of a sandwich roll. Sandwich rolls are too much bread for Johnny and myself.

I have also found that the eggs stay in place better if you put them on the sandwich first.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Thank you, Sheri!!

We will try this when Maxi is home.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image