#324478 Jul 10th, 2010 at 09:52 PM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi James ~

After researching for a year (type, features, prices, etc), we were finally able to get Maxi's laptop!

Our state has a 2 year program for 7th & 8th graders... they receive a school laptop and learn how to use it, be responsible for its care & use, etc. But parents are expected to provide them for high school. So, he graduated 8th grade this spring, so the push was on.

Quite by accident, I found a great sale at Staples.

For $299, he was able to get a Compaq Presario.

It has...

AMD V-Series V120 Processor (2.2 GHz)
2 Gb Installed memory
320 GB hard drive
super multi 8X DVDnR/RW with double layer support
15.6 screen

The only drawback seems to be the 6 cell lithium battery w/ only 3.5 hours of charge. A little longer would be nicer for school days!

I think we did pretty good. What d'you think?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #325399 Jul 21st, 2010 at 08:27 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I can't really seem to find if it's a Single/Dual/Quad core processor or not; generally with Laptops I wouldn't take anything under a Dual Core processor. The speed is alright (for a laptop). The memory is the baseline minimum that I'd recommend.

Hard Drive space isn't bad, dvd drive seems fine (writers are very helpful now adays).

You might look for a higher capacity battery though, what's the brand/model of the laptop?

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!

Moderated by  Gremelin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,868
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image