Rate Thread
#324223 Jul 9th, 2010 at 12:22 AM
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Maxi and I have a new grill this year and he is learning how to cook on it. So that got me remebering old grilling recipes I haven't made in a long time. And that got me wondering what all of you cook on your grills and how do you do it?

The other night we made shrimp/vegetable/orange kabobs. Tonight was just vegetable/orange kabobs.

We like pearl onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, tomatoes and a wedge of orange or lemon w/ the peel intact.

Friday night when I come home from dialysis, I am going to show Maxi how to make Cowboy Pork Chops & potatoes in a foil pouch on the grill. Some people use ground beef instead and call this "Hobo Stew".

You can do it so each person gets his/her own pouch of food, or one larger pouch for the family to share. Cook the larger pouch for longer.

Cowboy Pork Chops & Potatoes

Ingredients:

Pork chops
canned sliced potatoes*
finely sliced onions
string beans
can of cream of mushroom soup -- do not dilute!
non-stick spray

Directions:

Make longish sheets of heavy aluminum foil and fold across the width so that what becomes the "top" of the pouch is longer than the "bottom".

Spray w/ non-stick spray.

Place pork chop on the "bottom" near the fold line. Arrange potatoes around the edges. Cover with finely sliced onions and string beans. Add undiluted cream of mushroom soup.

Fold up "top" over food and carefully fold the bottom & top edges together, folding over two or three times to seal.

Place on heated grill and cook about 10 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook about 10-15 minutes on the opposite side.

Remove from grill and carefully puncture top of the foil to allow steam to escape being very cautious not to burn yourself with the steam.

*potatoes take a long time to cook on a grill. Canned potatoes shorten the cooking time but also make the flavor that "Cowboy" flavor of the recipe.

So what about you? What do you toss on the grill these days?

Last edited by Merme; Jul 9th, 2010 at 12:23 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #324226 Jul 9th, 2010 at 04:08 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I cook a lot of 'concoctions' in foil..you can buy the foil paper for the grill at our $1 store, it just pulls out in sheets and is thicker than normal foil.

I even make vegetable stir fry's in them...as long as you don't put in anything sugary til the end, sugars burn quick..

I cook everything..even pizza a few times.

I have never seen canned sliced potatoes in my life..you learn something new everyday.I am so happy you are enjoying your new grill thumbup

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image