Originally posted by our member Washingtonbullet thumbup

Here is the meatball recipe - I will have to get the sauce recipe from home - the sauce is what makes these meatballs!!!

Serves 6
Ingredients

* 1 cup uncooked rice
* 1 cup milk
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon celery salt
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 2 pound ground turkey or beef
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 32 ounces tomato sauce
* 2 cups water
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions

* In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 8-10 balls.
* In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did have the sauce recipe here

Ingredients

* 5 pounds cored whole Plum tomatoes, fresh
* 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 medium onions, chopped
* 4-6 cloves garlic, minced (the good stuff not the white stuff from the
store)
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
* 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 1-2 teaspoons sugar (optional add more basil instead!!)

*1/2 cup red wine (optional but I dont recommend going without)

Preparation

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Make a small X in the bottom of each tomato and plunge into the boiling water until the skins are slightly loosened, 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water for 1 minute. Peel with a paring knife, starting at the X. Chop the tomatoes, reserving any juice.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes (and any juice), basil, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and sugar and wine(if using). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally, 1 to 11/2 hours. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and/or sugar.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]