I have been reading up on the Chinese tallow tree (popcorn tree). I thought these guys to be just pests that could take over the world given enough time. However it seems they have a use in making candles and getting oil from the seeds
that can be used to replace vegetable oil in cooking. :/ Now reading though it seems the leaves, sap and even decaying leaves are toxic to other plants and animals.
So I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten the wax from the tree and made candles with it. I was going to try it but after reading about the toxic leaves/sap I was way nervous about boiling the leaves to get the wax off. So anyone?