#298027 Oct 17th, 2009 at 06:03 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
wavy
A very good Saturday morning. Waiting on the sun to rise so I can go out and rake.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
heading outside to finally plant the pansys I bought last Saturday. It was drizzling a few minutes ago but not enough to keep me from planting. Have a great day everyone.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Happy Saturday Everybody!!

The weekend is here, YAY!!

We have Sunshine!

"Oh, what a beautiful morning....!"

Merme *singing*

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
1k Posts
1k Posts
Good morning everyone. I'm going fishing today. Last week my dad caught a 15 inch largemouth bass. This week he's going to catch some big bass. I'll mostly fish for panfish but i'll try to catch a few bass.

Waiting for fall...
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
"Oh what a beautiful day!" Nana joining in with Merme....
Hi all, it's sunny here too an warming up, already 46*now.... supposed to be80 by tomorrow.... will feel good.

I need to finish up laundry today... and iron so Joe will have clothes for the rest of the week... I feel much better today so may actually get something done....
Well off to get my shower and start cleaning up a little bit...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by emdeGardener2
Good morning everyone. I'm going fishing today.

Man alive, Enrique, that really sounds fun! Best of luck in all your efforts! Let us know how you did.

Sherri ~ I can't believe you are lucky enough to be talking about 80 degrees! lol You've already had some snow!

We are still just hoping to get as high as mid-40's.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Rain, rain, and more rain! I haven't gone for a run in almost a week and I'm going nuts. I think a little later I'll just tough it out and get wet. The girls are supposed to have a soccer game tomorrow but their coach has cancelled practices because of the rain so hopefully they'll still have their game. Personally, I think their coach is a wimp, soccer isn't supposed be cancelled for anything. Joey's going to a football game with grandpa tomorrow, he's really looking forward to that. Go Seahawks! I just have to cook breakfast, finish my last load of laundry and then whatever I want until I have to start on dinner. Hope you all are having a good weekend so far.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Wasn't it just recently you were complaining about having no rain or storms, Cheryl? You do have to watch what you wish for. lol
Upper 90's and too hot to work outside much here. So Ted and I are going out to run an errand or two and then hit McD's for his lunch and next couple of dinners.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
My attendant washed Maxi's snow white karate pants with a bright red t-shirt and now the pants have pink spots on them! boohoo

I just put them through the washer on a soak cycle w/ bleach. I hope the pink comes out!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Yes, Tina, I wanted a storm. Still haven't gotten one. This is Seattle after all so it's going to rain whether I want it or not. Especially this time of year, our rainy season actually got off to a late start. It has stopped now, of course right after I ate, and when I'm ready to run it'll start up again. Oh well, I won't melt. I hope.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cheryl ~ I hope the break in your rain lasts long enough for your run! Even though you probably won't melt, (lol}, I dislike even walking in wet shoes.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Ah, Ok, the difference between rain and a storm. I see now.
I was born and raised in southern California. I lived in Connecticut for a while as a young adult. We were getting transferred to upstate NY to Rochester so I called and had the city mail me Rochester info. They sent me a beautiful brochure bragging about the delights to be found. And bragging about their average 65 sunshiny days a year. I got a good giggle out of that and still do 30 some years later.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Cheryl - I think it's great that you want to run even though it's still wet out - better than having cabin fever for sure!

I went to college in Rochester for 2 years - the only bad weather I recall there, was the one severe snowstorm that buried my car alive - I could't even find it on the street to dig it out after getting out of the infirmary because I had had the flu.

I think many areas like to brag about how dismal their weather is - when I lived 2 years prior in Bingnamton at college, they, too, were supposed to have the worst record for bad weather in the state. I don't listen to or read those reports anymore.

But... I really would have liked better weather for this weekend, in the Catskill mountains - I was supposed to go up to the "Sheep and Wool Festival" either day, but the weather is too wet and raw for that this year. BUMMER.

I am having a sleepy, reading kind of day instead - it's fine.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Yay, I ran! It had started to clear up a bit so I decided I would just go for it. As soon as I started putting my shoes on the rain was back. I decided to go anyway. I put my ipod under my sweatshirt and Joey loaned me a hat to keep the rain out of my eyes. About a block into it it really started raining hard. Then it cleared up, stopped raining, and I had to take off my sweatshirt only about a 1/4 mile into it and it stayed fairly nice until I was almost back home and then wind started to pick up a bit. The wind felt good at that point though. I didn't make it as far as I would have liked to but at least I ran. I need to do some gardening but I have a hard time doing that in the rain, lol. Now I feel like taking a nap.

Yes, Tina. Rain is normal weather, storm is unusual weather. Very unusual, we hardly ever get storms. They said scattered thunderstorms but I never believe them when they say thunderstorms.

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I haven't read back, as usual...
I've been asleep most of the day.

I should get the wheelchair and go take a short walk, but I'm drugged and so it's probably best that I stay inside where i can't walk out in front of a truck.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Don't walk or run in front of a truck unless you have your scissors to protect you, Cindy. Take care of you please. You are a valued friend.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Maybe you could just walk around the house a bit? You'd still get some exercise but in a safe environment.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
If Cindy wasn't feeling so bad I would say something about the words "Cindy" and "safe environment" used in the same sentence.
But stay safe, Cindy. Get well and strong.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cindy it is nice to see you on, even if only for a minute. Drugged or not, sleepyheaded or not!

Maybe you could just sit on the porch for some fresh air?

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
"Cindy" and "safe environment" used in the same sentence.

Yeah...that don't even sound right, does it? lol

Ahhhh.....sucking down a nice hot cup of green tea.
...wish I had some whiskey to put in it. grin haha shots
Bill is probably drinking that good yummy stuff we used to get in the winter...hot buttered rum, or something like that.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I need to change my signature line...the one I have is such a big, fat lie.
.....I thought it was funny last week... lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Uh, Cindy, I don't think the line is as much a lie as the people who claim to love that way and yet do not!

Hey that idea of hot buttered rum sounds pretty wonderful. I could make some after dinner and warm up my cold and tired bones. Crocheting in this weather is always a good thing.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Uh, Cindy, I don't think the line is as much a lie as the people who claim to love that way and yet do not!

Well, maybe that was what was so funny! lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I like your new signature line, Cindy Faye.

Well, I can understand your amusement over your old line. I always find it amusing when guys promise undying devotion -- until you do something like say "no" to sex! Then you never hear from them again! lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Nobody ever asks me for sex...lol
...so I never get to turn anyone down! blush haha

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
lol

Cindy, I can't even go to rehab without somebody hitting on me! lol I always look at them shocked as if to say: "what is wrong with this picture? Do I LOOK interested in sex right now?"

Guys!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
...maybe i need to enroll in rehab! lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
thumbup There ya go, Cindy! I think it is a rowdy crowd of dudes who hang out around rehabs!!! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
....and with that new-found knowledge I think I will go take a nap for about 45 minutes. thumbup

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Yummy - can you smell the chicken soup bubbling downstairs? Got some chicken broth, added some baby carrots, onions, mushrooms, and Don's secret ingredient. I'm also broiling some chicken breasts to be cut up and added, and cooking up some yolk free noodles. Perfect for this raw, cloudy day.

Would anyone like some?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sleep well, Cindy.

I was just going to tell you I need to find a "muddle" so I can make a hot buttered rum in true style!

I do not have a muddle but I may be in one!!

Lynne your soup sounds absolutely delicious on a cold and blustery night such as this!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I'll take some of that soup Lynne, minus the noodles of course. It sounds wonderful with just the vegetables. I'm hungry. I was going to cook dinner and then we went to take the girls to buy costumes, then Joey started having stomach problems so we had to hurry the girls shopping, teenage shoppers are not ones to hurry, lol. By the time we got home Joey was starting to feel better but it's getting late and the kids wanted to get pumpkins tonight, so I was going to cook tomorrow's dinner but it's not completely thawed yet so we decided that tonight would be a subway night. I gave Joe some malox and his dad is giving him a tummy rub right now so hopefully he'll be feeling better very soon and we can go eat and carve pumpkins. Has anyone else carved pumpkins yet? We're also going to pick up pints at the store. There is this coconut ice cream that I can eat and it's heavenly. It's pricey but it's heavenly.

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Sorry to hear about Joey's stomach problems - I, too, had a bit of a problem today with that.

I did not get to enjoy my soup tonight - just as soon as I sat down here with a nice hot bowlful, my dad called to tell me that my mom was in the ER! She had tripped going into a Bat Mitzvah reception, and hit her head against a concrete wall. She needed 4 stitches, and a CAT scan because she is on coumidin. I am still waiting to hear about the results. It is now 3 hours since he first called - they did the CAT scan right away, but have been waiting and waiting for the results. They haven't eaten anything since breakfast either, and it is now 10:40 here! He said she is doing "ok" so far.

OK PHEW - dad just called and the dr. said everything is ok, so my sister is going to take them to the diner to get something to eat. I won't be sleeping soundly tonight until I speak with mom tomorrow.

Last edited by plants 'n pots; Oct 17th, 2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: just got the call

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oh Lynne! I'm sorry to hear about your mom!

All prayers and good thoughts!!

Cheryl you've had a busy night.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Coming in to say good night. I had a long day. Sleep well everyone.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Thanks so much, Merme! kissie

Dad just called to tell me that they are home after having eaten something. Now I will try and get some sleep.

'night all

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good Sunday morning to all. Going to be cooler today. That is good news for someone itching to go out and work.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning! wavy

Yesterday's beautiful sunshine didn't come back today. We are a dull grey out there. Sigh.

I hope Lynne got some rest after the upset with her mom.

Have a great day, everybody!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
[Linked Image]...

Thanks so much for thinking of us, Merme. kissie I just spoke with mom - she seems fine - the phone has been ringing off the hook there, and she's getting ready to meet up with some old friends later this afternoon. She's a bit sore where the cut is, but other than that she seems ok - THANK GOODNESS!

It's another COLD, dreary, rainy, windy day here! I'm so glad I have leftover soup for later. thumbup

What's everyone's plans for today?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
We were supposed to go to the big Open House for the private college prep school Maxi hopes to attend next year, but our rides didn't work out. We will have to go to the event in December.

So, we are hanging out.

Maxi and I have been in a sort of rough patch, mostly due to his being 14 and getting feisty all of a sudden. After long talks with both of my older sisters whose kids are already grown, I decided to have a talk with Maxi this morning.

We talked; I set forth the expectations for our home life and he agreed.

I think he's been feeling outta control and was hoping I'd rein him in a bit.

So now he is happy off with his friend Dom for a bit and I have my nose in a book. it is FREEZING here and so grey I wonder what weather we will get next!

I'm glad your Mom isn't suffering too much from her ordeal and has plans this afternoon. Hopefully the cut area will heal quickly and well.

Enjoy your soup. It is a treat long delayed!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,868
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image