Rate Thread
#296448 Sep 30th, 2009 at 05:52 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts

updated 11:05 a.m. ET, Wed., Sept . 30, 2009
PASADENA, Texas - Authorities say a Houston-area woman who was burned up at her former common-law husband fried their pet goldfish and ate some of them.

Pasadena police say it's a civil matter and no charges will be filed. The seven goldfish were purchased together by the couple during happier times.

Police spokesman Vance Mitchell says the man reported on Saturday that the woman took the goldfish from his apartment.

Mitchell says the two argued earlier about some jewelry the man had given her but took back. She wanted the jewelry returned.

Officers who were dispatched to the woman's home arrived to find four fried goldfish on a plate. The woman said she already ate the other three.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #296455 Sep 30th, 2009 at 07:03 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yep you said it----that is just plain sick---- uhuhh

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #296458 Sep 30th, 2009 at 07:25 PM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Iknow, She didn't even have any Tartar sauce or hush puppies.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #296459 Sep 30th, 2009 at 09:04 PM
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
i guess fish is fish...gold or not
it's like how some people keep seahorses as pets in aquariums and other people dry them to use for medicine

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #296460 Sep 30th, 2009 at 10:14 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
And some people dry them to use for decorations.
I have goldfish in my pond. I don't know how many. I refuse to get attached to them because they live and die according to their own schedule and I don't want to grieve over goldfish. I wouldn't go out of my way to fry and eat any just to hurt someone else though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Thornius #296465 Oct 1st, 2009 at 05:06 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by Thornius

You are sooooooo bad.

Tina #296477 Oct 1st, 2009 at 07:20 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
And some people dry them to use for decorations.
I have goldfish in my pond. I don't know how many. I refuse to get attached to them because they live and die according to their own schedule and I don't want to grieve over goldfish. I wouldn't go out of my way to fry and eat any just to hurt someone else though.

Everyone grieves in their own way, and everyone holds living beings' lives in their heart, equally differently. I can understand that grief over losing a small pet does not compare to losing a loved person, but it's still a loss no matter how small. My mom is not an animal lover whatsoever, and doesn't understand our attachment to Butterscotch. In her mind, we should just put him back outside where he came from. BUT... that said... she will ask me often in her daily phone calls how he is doing - because she knows he holds great meaning and love in our lives.

That said... my goldfish ARE my pets, just like my cats, and I do feel an attachment to them as I would any other animal that I've taken in to care for. Yes, they are more likely to have a much shorter lifespan than a furry animal, but some have been known to live many many healthy years. And doesn't every single live being "live and die according to their own schedule"?!?

And the truth is, if one only has a few goldfish, they are usually more dear to the person, than if there are uncountable amounts, because each one can be seen for its own personality, rather than just a school of fish swimming around. YES they really DO have their own personalities believe it or not! The fish that that woman so unbelievably destroyed may have held very special meanings to her ex - the time they were acquired, how they were acquired, how old they were, their interactions - pond goldfish will eat out of your hand if you train them - mine suck on my fingers when I feed them!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bestofour #296478 Oct 1st, 2009 at 07:22 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
OP Offline
Purl One
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
Originally Posted by Thornius

You are sooooooo bad.

Naaaaaaah - that's just our Thorny!!! touched yikes why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #296620 Oct 2nd, 2009 at 08:04 PM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
I'm not much of a fish eater. Except for trout. I LOVE trout! It is the only fish I catch myself that I will regularly eat. I can tolerate catfish, but don't see the big deal people make over them, but I will fight you to the death over the last trout in the pan.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #296877 Oct 7th, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Ewww goldfish... I wonder what it tastes like. Yuck I am not a fan of catfish. I'm one of those that makes a big deal about them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image