Print Thread
Rate Thread
#295857 Sep 21st, 2009 at 09:56 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Yes...it's me (Cindy)...not really a grasshopper.

I have had time to think about what I did...deleting myself and all my posts from the forum...and time to talk with my headshrinkers about it. They know a little bit more about me than any of you here do. I told my main psychiatrist (who we will hereinafter refer to as "L") what I had done, and why I did it. I told her that I didn't explain to anyone why I did it...I just vanished along with all my posts, wrecking havoc on the forum for a day or so. I told her that it caused people who I thought were my friends to turn their backs on me, one even calling me a traitor. "L" made me stay an extra hour while she got my "Behavioral Therapist" (hereinafter referred to as "C") to come in to talk to me.

"C" always starts our sessions with "On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being suicidal, where are you today?"
My answer was 9, which surprised her because we have discussed suicide before and I told her I would never do it. I had also told her that even if I ever got to a "9" on the scale, that it would never turn into a "10"...because I would never do that to my family. "9" would just mean I would want to do it but I would go through my own pain and deal with it so that my family would not have to suffer for it.

Anyway...since my headshrinkers know every detail of my life before I went to Washington to live with Bill, my life there, my illness there, my "unlife" with Bill now, and trying to get on with a new life when it seems that I am getting sicker instead of better...they understood completely why I "deleted" myself from the forum...and since my friends here and this forum have meant so much to me for many years now, that I should not leave without an explanation, only because it made my friends (and Bill) think so much less of me...which depresses me very much.

So, here goes.....

I am not going to get into anything personal here about me and Bill, but we are history, and have been for quite sometime. I have tried very hard to "get over it"...but it's very hard to do when I look at old topics here and it is all such a wonderful fairy tale...of driving across the country with Bill, living in a fairytale world at Cedar Hill...our life together. The Gallery had the "Cindy and Bill Show"...my walks with Shadow, and Bill...pictures of "our" gardens...I always referred to Cedar Hill as "home". My visits to Kentucky were just that..."visits"...and Cedar Hill was "home". It is not easy to read that everyday and try to "get on with my life". I still had every PM from Bill from the beginning, years of PM's. I would not delete them.

My health has gone downhill a lot since I have been back in Kentucky...it's worse than I have told anyone here. I had made a topic about "blinging out" my walker and wheelchair, and it was kinda funny...but the sad thing is, it's true. I use a walker and a wheelchair, and I didn't really come right out and say that because it kills me to be someone who could climb a tree in 5 seconds with a heavy backpack on to keep the electric company from cutting my trees down, then all of a sudden turning into someone else who I didn't know...someone who uses a walker and a wheelchair and cries everyday from being in pain.

I have to move on with my life, what little life I might have left. Every day since I came out of the coma has been a priceless gift, and trust me, I don't go to sleep at night without thanking God for each day I am alive.

But, it's so hard to try to go on with this new life, and read all the "I love you's" still on the forum between me and Bill. I could have stayed here and been a good hostess and enjoyed the forum...but not with all that still here. It was too "in my face" all the time.

SO.....it is gone now....and I don't have to look at it anymore.
Unfortunately for me, I had to delete myself as well.

I hope this has explained what I am trying to say, but having a hard time finding the right words for. I'm sorry some of you have bad feelings about me now.
People come and go on the forum...I never thought I would go, but I did.
I didn't want to, but that's the only thing I could do to get rid of my old posts here that upset me every time I saw them.

Thank you to the friends who are still talking to me via email. And I hope that the rest of my friends I had here will try to understand why I did such an irrational thing.

And to Bill, I am very sorry for messing the forum up and deleting topics that you wanted to keep. I hope you will try to put yourself in my place and think about what I was dealing with...and hopefully you will forgive me one of these days.

Cindy

(...can't run with scissors anymore...) tears

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #295859 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 04:27 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Cindy ~ although you haven't returned any of my voice mails or emails, I still consider you my friend.

My opinion about what you did doesn't matter. What matters is my hope that things will improve for you.... your health, your life, your connections to what makes you strong.

I can't think of anything better to wish for you.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
afgreyparrot #295860 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 04:50 AM
The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts
and hopefully you will forgive me one of these days.

I forgave you on the day that happened... tears

Wild Willy #295863 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 05:54 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Cindy, tie your scissors to your walker and scoot along as best you can.

Bestofour #295866 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 06:50 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Cindy, When I came on the other day and saw that had happened, it didn't cause me to think less of you at all. I did however sit and try to think of what might make you do this, in just this manner. So thank you for the explanation.

Thinking of you and praying for you every day.

I agree with Sheri. Tie those sissors to the walker--heck, tie a pair to the wheelchair as well---& go for it. (although perhaps put a clip on said vehicles & clip the sissors to them.) bow

BTW: While I do not need my walker all the time, be assured, there are days when I do--and I am very happy it is here for me to use. I have mentally thanked my Dr, many times that he sent it home with me. Sometimes we gtotta do what we gotta do.grin

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #295870 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 07:11 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Cindy, you know my prayers and friendship are with you and have been right along.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Bestofour #295872 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 07:21 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
Cindy, tie your scissors to your walker and scoot along as best you can.

I totally agree! thumbup And I totally understand your sadness and frustration, and am SO HAPPY that you could come back here and post your feelings. I, too, only wish the best for you. kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #295877 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 07:51 AM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Snatch the birdseed from my hand, Grasshopper.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #295878 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 07:54 AM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
The Bird Man
5k Posts
I use a cane when my gout gets bad and my wife has a Baker's cyst in her knee and has touse a cane at times. We keep THREE canes in our house for that reason...and PLENTY of Lortab!

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Thornius #295879 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 07:56 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Grasshopper,

Just do what makes YOU happy.....

Thats History......

This is future......

But I dont have a space ship..LOL

Goffer cindy.

dodge was here breakfast

Last edited by dodge; Sep 22nd, 2009 at 07:57 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #295880 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 08:10 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I'm in the cane brigade too, so you are not alone. And I do know what it's like to look at e-mails that you just wish were not there.

Be cool.

WTG Wild Willy

[Linked Image]
tkhooper #295881 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 08:52 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Cindy Lou Grasshopper,
I to know whats it's like to want to just check out but still have the strengh to go on... comes from God and friends who love you no matter what---- take care.... bling out the walker and chair- fasten the sissors to it if you like - heck bling them out too... do what you need to do for you---
Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #295889 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 02:25 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
OK Grasshopper! Listen up!!! [Linked Image]

I don't know if this was pure coincidence or not, but I was in TJMaxx, Marshalls, and Kohl's today, and there were a couple of women in each of those stores using walkers! I have never noticed it before, but definitely saw it today! Some were bright blue, one was a bright red. No one was bothered by them, and the women were of various ages using them.

So I say... go live life to the fullest you are able to, and enjoy yourself! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #295890 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 02:35 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Cindy No need to explain,, you did what you felt was necessary at the time.
My Interest is as it's always been and always will be in that you are get healthy and happy.
I'm not a fair-weathered friend,, I'll always be here for you, kissie
I've left you phone messages as well,, and posted on your facebook.
I just want you happy so your healing will progress forward. grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #295921 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 05:02 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
You go ahead and do whatever you need to do for you. If people don't like it then they are undeserving of your friendship, in my opinion. I hope that you get well and can build more happy memories for many more years to come. Take care of yourself and know that you are loved.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
chermoni #295926 Sep 22nd, 2009 at 05:34 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by chermoni
You go ahead and do whatever you need to do for you. If people don't like it then they are undeserving of your friendship, in my opinion. I hope that you get well and can build more happy memories for many more years to come. Take care of yourself and know that you are loved.
well said cheryl.

cindy, you know my opinion, 'nuff said. take care friend.

#295944 Sep 23rd, 2009 at 05:31 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Cindy I think of you daily and you are always be in my prayers Love ya Girlfriend kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #295961 Sep 23rd, 2009 at 03:43 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
having enuff friggin' drama in my own life, i recognised right off the caliber of yours when this whole thing came down, and i was sure of 2 things right off.
one was, you felt backed into a corner and needed an escape path and never meant to do damage to anyone, you were in survival mode.(been there, done that) and another thing i could tell just from the tone of bill's reaction, and not necessarily even his words, is that he understands you better than any of us, perhaps, and though it hurt, he "got" what you were doing and he had to shrug it off, although it stung a bit.
and so life goes on, a new chapter, we all survived. (life is much much bigger than a few thousand posts on the internet). reality is on the other side of the keyboard where we all have to deal with what we have been handed, be it heaven or hell or this purgatory where we pay our dues. you take care, now, ok?

patunia #295962 Sep 23rd, 2009 at 03:53 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
well said Patunia,, well said thumbup clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #295967 Sep 23rd, 2009 at 04:38 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I agree - very well said.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
patunia #295972 Sep 23rd, 2009 at 06:33 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by patunia
having enuff friggin' drama in my own life, i recognised right off the caliber of yours when this whole thing came down, and i was sure of 2 things right off.
one was, you felt backed into a corner and needed an escape path and never meant to do damage to anyone, you were in survival mode.(been there, done that) and another thing i could tell just from the tone of bill's reaction, and not necessarily even his words, is that he understands you better than any of us, perhaps, and though it hurt, he "got" what you were doing and he had to shrug it off, although it stung a bit.
and so life goes on, a new chapter, we all survived. (life is much much bigger than a few thousand posts on the internet). reality is on the other side of the keyboard where we all have to deal with what we have been handed, be it heaven or hell or this purgatory where we pay our dues. you take care, now, ok?

Well...this one got me to do something I wasn't going to do again...post.
But...I have to say.....you nailed it, Patunia. Thanks, "sister of the brush"... kissie

I pm'd Bill and told him to feel free to "poof" the Grasshopper now...I think Patunia pretty much summed it all up...and my work here is done.

I love you guys..... kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie kissie

wavy

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #295981 Sep 23rd, 2009 at 09:48 PM
The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts
Are you just trying to poke the bear some more now??? uhuhh
GOOD JOB CINDY!!! thumbup

Wild Willy #295994 Sep 24th, 2009 at 07:11 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
does it tickle when we poke the bear? :ding:

Bestofour #295996 Sep 24th, 2009 at 07:32 AM
The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts
tee hee hee ...

Wild Willy #296003 Sep 24th, 2009 at 09:55 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Go post it! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Double Dog Dare!!!!!!

LMAO!....and it hurts to laugh! hehehehehehehehhe

[Linked Image]
why I just think it emphasizes what Bill has said all along.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #296007 Sep 24th, 2009 at 12:21 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
OH MY word, it is so very good to laugh.

That puts Bill's saying into a whole differnt realm for me. :wink: haha

I do still pray for Cindy, and hope she comes out the other end of this thing whole & happy.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #296021 Sep 24th, 2009 at 04:26 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
If Cindy has seen this she's laughing so hard she can't hold onto her walker.

Bestofour #296028 Sep 24th, 2009 at 04:47 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
If Cindy has seen this she's laughing so hard she can't hold onto her walker.

Cindy is not feeling well. I was trying to cheer her up. Who do you think double dog dared me to post it here?
lol
[Linked Image]

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #296033 Sep 24th, 2009 at 05:43 PM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
ohhhhh the double dog dare..... hummmmmmm

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
suzydaze #296071 Sep 25th, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Oh, the old double dog....

Bestofour #296072 Sep 25th, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
You weren't up early enough ........She was on the sidelines..

uhuhh

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #296457 Sep 30th, 2009 at 07:24 PM
Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
{{{{{cindy}}}}}

to heek with running with scissors...i hear rolling with scissors is a lot more fun (and faster! grin )

Zone 6b

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image