Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#291773 Aug 6th, 2009 at 11:02 PM
OP Offline
Hi:

I have quite a few cucumber trees and reccently I noticed that the bottom leaves have some round rust spot of different sizes from penny sizes to silver doller sizes;(maybe they want to grow some doe for me). Some trees seem to have died because of the spots while the more established trees sre still bearing new flowers and fruit and seem to be healthy at the upper leaves. Is this a fumgus or what?
NoLo Jones. Thanks for any help

OP Offline
It's me NoLo again. I noticed that my cucumber leaves are now drying and the plants are dieing. The leaves are getting all dried and brittle and the small cucumbers are not growing. I sprayed soap water on them but that is not helping. Does anyone what seems to be the problem. Thanks.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
it may just be that it's the end of the season and too hot.

OP Offline
Hello there, how is every one? I hope the cuke folks have better luck than I have.

It is not the end of season here in NY. Some leaves seem to be ok, but many of the leaves are yellow and they have these brown/rust spots and some of the spots have become holes in the leaves and the outer edges of the leaves have dried and are curling up. I removed all the damaged leaves and used a liquid copper fungicide but the spots keep appearing on other leaves and the same thing is happening to my squash which is on the same bed and they share the same trellis. I did manage to reap some cucumbers but now all the small cukes are dying. HELP!! I am going crazy over this.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image