Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#285228 Jun 10th, 2009 at 05:02 PM
OP Offline
I received a peace lily as a gift. It's a pink/peach color. I have researched and found all over the internet that peace lilies only come in one color... white. Is this true? How did my peace lily become pink/peach? Is it something that it was fed. One of the local gardeners told me once that feeding plants (such as hydrangeas) epsom salt will make it turn pretty colors. Is that what has happened with my peace lily, or do they actually come in different colors?

Lisa Lierheimer
LisaLier #285266 Jun 10th, 2009 at 08:12 PM
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Is it possible that you did not get a peach lily, but rather an anthurium? They are also called flamingo flowers and I have seen them in shade of res/pink/orange. All the peace lilies that I know of are white, with the occasional green flower or the occasional flower with two spathes (the stick things).

Yes, feeding Hydrangeas with different things can make them turn either pink or blue. I think the more acidic the soil is (low pH), the more blue they turn. Likewise, the more alkaline/basic the soil (the higher hte pH), the more pink they turn. Some people use chemicals, some use natural things to twink the pH. Do be careful when you tweak the pH of any soil. Plants can adapt to a wide range of soil pH but they might not perform as well. Make sure whatever you add is mixed in well and that you don't overdo it. Too much will kill the plant.

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #286436 Jun 19th, 2009 at 05:01 PM
OP Offline
Thank you!! That is EXACTLY what I have. I researched after your message and it is, in fact, an anthurium. Thanks for your help.

Lisa Lierheimer

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,868
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image