Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#257718 Jan 18th, 2009 at 10:00 AM
1k Posts
OP Offline
1k Posts
I have a guava tree in my yard that grows many branches each year, but doesn't bloom. How bo I make it bloom?

Waiting for fall...
Check out this list of tree nurseries in the Merced area and give one a call. That's what I'd do.

Mister Mystery
1k Posts
Mister Mystery
1k Posts
Originally Posted by emdeGardener2
I have a guava tree in my yard that grows many branches each year, but doesn't bloom. How bo I make it bloom?

Guavas begin bearing in 2 to 3 years. They need regular deep watering to be productive. Keep the soil moist. Lack of moisture will delay bloom and can cause fruit to drop. They grow fast and are heavy feeders. I use fertilizer with an N-P-K ratio of 12-55-6 with chelated iron for all fruiting trees including guavas and Feijoas. My guavas were damaged by frost, but are expected to bounce back in the spring.

[Linked Image]

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
papito #274209 Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:38 AM
1k Posts
OP Offline
1k Posts
My guava tree is growing branches.I gave it fertilizer yesterday.The tee has been around for a few years and always gets some frost damage and always bounces back.No flowers yet.

Waiting for fall...
Mister Mystery
1k Posts
Mister Mystery
1k Posts
Originally Posted by emdeGardener2
My guava tree is growing branches.I gave it fertilizer yesterday.The tee has been around for a few years and always gets some frost damage and always bounces back.No flowers yet.

Your guava tree should start blooming right about now; mine does.

My 7 guavas looks more like shrubs than trees. The guavas are planted in plastic containers. Last year was the first time I had fruits in them.

They were also damaged by frost[and recovered] even though I wrapped the containers in bubble wraps and covered them with black/green tarps.

[Linked Image]

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
papito #285994 Jun 16th, 2009 at 12:11 PM
1k Posts
OP Offline
1k Posts
my guava tree is starting to bloom. Mine looks like a shrub since it sustained frost damage in winter. I'll try to water a bit more frequently and give it fertilizer;the last time I fed it was a month and a half ago.

Waiting for fall...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in November
Gardening in December
Gardening in January

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,787
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,005
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image