Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#285186 Jun 10th, 2009 at 12:25 PM
inkie Offline OP
OP Offline
I really need help--I noticed in the garden this morning that my potato plant leaves are curling up. Is this some kind of virus or fungus?

Does anyone know what you can do for it?

inkie #285192 Jun 10th, 2009 at 01:04 PM
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
can you get pics?

dave
peppereater #285275 Jun 10th, 2009 at 09:19 PM
inkie Offline OP
OP Offline
I can't post a picture but my plants are green and look good. But the leaves on some of the plants are curled up on the ends--I'm wondering if this is something serious?

inkie #285276 Jun 10th, 2009 at 09:47 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
spider mites?? why are there any new leaves that are growing in a curled twisted formation?? You can tap on the top of a leaf any leaf with damage hold your other hand Under the leaf,, If little black specks are in your hand after tapping the top of the leaf you may well have spider mites.
at which time if you determine they are spider mites you'll need to remove and destroy all leaves that are curled or twisted.
you can spray with a water hose full force to blast off the spider mites upper and under the leaves,, then spray with a water mister,, fill with water, and 2 teaspoons of lemon joy. and shake and spray upper and under leaves,, several treatments may have to be done untill all signs of spider mites are gone.
I have sometimes had to resort to using Rubbing alcohol and wiping down all leaves with either a q tip or cotton ball.
I'm not familiar of any other treatment or any other insect or disease that would cause this,, I'm basing your description on what I have experienced on my Brugmansia,, normally this occurs in hot dry weather.
Other members may suggest other options,,, or know exactly what is going on with your potato leaves thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
inkie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Angel--I'm going to try what you said. :)

inkie #285340 Jun 11th, 2009 at 11:18 AM
inkie Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, first time I've tried to do this but I went and took a picture...we will see if this works.

Not working. I copied the URL of my picture from Flickr and so I came here and clicked on the picture icon--but nothing happens. how do I get a picture posted here?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,855
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image