Rate Thread
#281762 May 24th, 2009 at 07:03 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I know The Willy Village couldn't wait for Shirley to get here grin
and Shirley wanted to meet the Village so badly! One of the first things she did was Go seek out the Village,, where GrandPooBah greeted her wavy
[Linked Image]

Shirley Brought to Tx with her ,,, Puddin' her Butterfly fairy,, who anxiously wanted to meet her cousin Butter Cup. They both had sunflower bands in there hair, a true sign of Kinship! They were both absolutley pleased to confirm their relationship clap they sat and chatted quite a while , nooo
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Those two fairies are so pretty together! I bet they had a lot to catch up on too! Such pretty and bright colors!

And Shirley looks like she's deep in conversation with GrandPooBah!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
You know how girls can Be talk about everything under the sun,, including Boy and Boy troubles,
Puddin' has had her heart broken and was /is afraid there will no one special to grow old with, Buttercup says it makes no difference to her if she grows old with a special butterfly fairy,, because there is so much in the world to see and so much pollen to gather she is content as she is,, just care free and happy as why she carries with her embroidered on her dress,, : let your spirits soar " Puddin feels she can't let her spirit soar with out someone special to soar with, boohoo Oh Dear Puddin' you should speak to GrandPoobah about this, teach he can help you with your broken spirit kissie
~~~'In the mean time One hand Meets climb'n Willy ,, Oh unfortunately had a terrible fall while trying to climb up a door at Shirleys in Cincinnati, boohoo and Lost his foot, Shirley now calls him one foot and thought it a good Idea for him to meet one Hand,
[Linked Image]

Poor One foot was so discouraged from further climbing and terrified of falling he just didn't even want to try any more. nervous
One hand said,, " Wellllll Loosing My hand didn't stop me from anything,, I'll try anything,, just to challange my self thumbup matter of fact some of my not so successful challanges have turn out actually pretty well,, Once I had climbed up to the top of a margarita glass and was sneaking drinks,, when I suddenly fell into a bowl of Mexican sauce,, Now that Kinda stung my skin a little bit because of the jalapeno's in it But the Kindest Lady named Miss Cindy Picked me up and cleaned me off,, so you see Even if you try and think you may have failed,, you always get blessed for trying, thumbup GrandPoobah had to keep an eye on me when I first lost my hand cuz I was still running around here like crazy But I have since learned to be a Little more careful,
Lets go talk with GrandPooBah,"
One hand takes One foot to Grandpoobah and 'splains his problem then runs off to find Puddin and Butter cup
GrandPooBah tells One Foot
":you mean to tell me this little thing loosing your foot diminishes your desire from having adventures! shock Something we gnomes are born to do?? teach " He said it quite stern yet gentle voiced as GrandPooBah is
[Linked Image]
"Well I,,, I mean,, I,," started One Foot

" Listen One Foot,, says GranPooBah
[Linked Image]

it is what it is,, Nothing can be done about that,, But,,
What you have to have a mind set for is to have Fun,, enjoy your life,, Just about any Four footed creature will make do ,, Hunt, Run, Play and enjoy life on 3 feet just as well as 4 feet, You are no different ,
We all have handicaps of our own be it a lost hand, missing foot,, deaf, need glasses,, spirit problems,, we ALL do,, and we ALL learn to deal with it and move on in life and not let it hinder us in our enjoyment of every day. You have a lovely Human Friend Miss Shirley That loves you so much she brought you on a trip to Tx,, enjoy it young one,, Live life ! Love Life! Do what you know you can do, and challenge your self when in doubt, Like One Hand said,, you never fail if you try! teach
Now I Will be very disappointed in you If I hear you don't try,, If I hear you don't challenge your self tapfoot Remember gnomes are determined beings by nature,, and Never underestimate your self as the Great gnome of Cedar Hill says! Now GO,, free your fears By facing them. I give you my Blessing Little one, Know you will be fine! :wink:
Puddin heard GrandPoo bahs Voice Stern yet gentle; and asked One hand to take herand Butter cup to listen as he talked to Onefoot

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Ahhh...that was so nice of GrandPooBah to try and help little One Foot. He is a great Teacher!! One Foot use to be called Climin'Willy, but now everyone at home kind of ridicules him and started calling him One Foot. Now when we go home I'm sure that he will have a lot more self-esteem, after talking with the GrandPooBah!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
After the talk with One foot Puddin poured out her broken heart story to GrandBooPah
He looks at her directly and says,,,

[Linked Image]

Miss Puddin Dear Sweet Butterfly fairy, Do you not know that a special someone DOES NOT complete you ?? Only YOU can complete yourself. You have to know YOU ARE special,, you need to understand it's your inner Light, the love and respect for your self that makes you shine, makes your wings shimmer in the light,, NOT a special male someone. Your heart will be glad in knowing you your self can create happiness within you, for every flower you land on gives you power, and every water droplet on a leaf restores your energy, For every Time a butterfly comes from a darkness of their cocoon, New life comes ,, New wings flutter,, new beginnings happen,, come out of your cocoon,, Begin new let your spirit soar as Buttercups does each and every day, Don't rush what isn't meant to be as yet. Someday dear you'll be soaring with someone special once you understand,, Only YOU can complete you, that is NOT the task of a mate'
The task of a mate is to join with you in spirit and soar with you not determining your worth but complimenting your very existence!
Be patient,, be good to yourself, don't worry and fret so,, it damages yours wings and they are so beautiful, kissie
GO Now and think on this,, Let you inner light speak to you and find peace there. :ding:
Puddin' goes off to think on this and Wavey Willy Gives her a few encouraging words as well

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
well well Shirley and I had gone in to eat dinner and came back out and guess what!

ONE FOOT CLIMBED to the TOP OF the WILLY VILLAGE ALONE! clap I think it's safe to say He has faced his fear of climbing again,, grin
[Linked Image]

I went to look for Puddin and found her faded smile was returning to a full smile slow but sure,, I believe she Gets what GrandPooBah was saying
[Linked Image]

Grand PooBah Is a Wise gnome I'm so glad Shirley Brought Puddin and One Foot!,,
Uh SHirley Grandpoobah said Keep an Eye On Onefoot,, Since he has faced his fear AND has Spent some time with One Hand,, He might need calmed down from climbing really High up sometimes,, lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Oh how sweet he was with her!! Thank you, GrandPooBah !! kissie
Now maybe when we go back to OH she will be happier and start being her true self....our Grandmother quilter, who sort of councils my Willies, has kind of run out of patience with her. Maybe things will be more cheerful with all of them if Puddin' returns home in better spirits.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Oh yes Diane, I will take his advice and keep an eye on One Foot alright.

Thank you, everyone in the Village, for making us all feel so welcome and being so kind and helpful to my little ones!!

I myself am especially proud!!! I was allowed to gaze upon the Stone of Learning!! A very great honor bestowed on me!! Thank you, everyone in the Village!! clap kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Shirley ..

How awesome you treat Diane....the gifts a great ..

I have to read the Fairy tale later, off to the out doors now..

Bike ride later..
b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Dodge, she has treat me much more awesome, by far!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots

And Shirley looks like she's deep in conversation with GrandPooBah!

OMG Lynne she was!!!!!! You should have seen the look on her face after she woke up from a nap and went out there to the WV, ,, she found one hand and puddin' talking UP a storm haha haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
haha haha haha Yes he was deffinitely talking UP a storm!!!

I was discussing with GrandPoo Bah how he might want to start keeping an eye on One-hand! I'm certainly going to be watching Puddin' more closely!!! rolz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
500 Posts
500 Posts
Ooooh what great photos and how lovely the Village is now that spring is here and Shirley and Puddin came to visit! I am sure the auras that they brought with them was added rays of sunshine for the Village and its inhabitants. I know that you must all have had a fabulous time and I really am happy for you guys!

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image