Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is great going, Cheryl.
I am going to be a bit busy this week. I plan on going to work today because I don't know when else I might be able to. A week chock full of appointments for me. The appointments are not for me but I am the driver.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I had a rough time at dialysis today. So I'm home and starving... I didn't eat my breakfast, and of course I don't eat lunch at dialysis, so I'm very late getting home and very hungry. I'm going to heat up a bowl of my ham bone soup and go lay down.

I'll perk back up soon, I'm sure.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Dr. Pepper
3k Posts
Hi Keeds, nice to see some familiar "faces," hehe.
Just popped in to say hi.

dave
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Hiya Dave! What are you planting these days?

We won't be doing much planting this week - they are calling for rain alllllllllll week long. That is actually a good thing, as I overused my arms that have tendonitis, while spreading the free compost all around this past weekend. And the rain makes everything look so fresh and green!

Sorry you had a tough time Merme, but I'm glad you have some of that soup to come home and warm up to.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by cricket
I'm a bit preturbed at my boss. I called her at 3:00pm asking what time we were meeting up for work tomorrow and then called her again at 5 something. at 5 something she actually answered the phone and said she'd call me back later.
the last time she put me off like this I missed working. when she finally DID call me the day OF she was ready to walk out the door. I hadn't even showered yet, so she said don't bother.
I have an important errand I NEED to do in the morning if we're not working or going in late, but I can't run off to get it taken care of if I'm STILL waiting on a phone call from her!

How aggravating. Doesn't seem like she's good at running a business.

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour

How aggravating. Doesn't seem like she's good at running a business.

she's half crazy about a lot of things, but a good person at heart. she finally did call at 9:30 last night. good thing I wasn't already in bed, huh?

sorry you had such a rough time today, merme. hope you feel better after a full belly and a rest.

my day seemed extra long even though it wasn't. glad to be home. I've eaten and need to shower, fold some cloths, and do a load of dishes. whew! tires me out just thinking about it!

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I got tired all over again just reading what you have to do tonight, Cricket! lol

Tomorrow morning I have that big meeting at Maxi's school. I will meet all his teachers.

Afterwards, I'm going to GameStop to trade in his old PS2 for a refurbished one and pick up a game he's been wanting. They have a used copy.

The kid just called me, though, and he's sick tonight. I doubt he'll go to school in the morning. His seasonal allergies can get the best of him if we aren't proactive... and they tend to let things slide. He's already to the point of being sick to his stomach and in misery with his head. Oh dear, I so wish that kid was home!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
No one is around cause the weather is far too nice to be inside! clap
OK you guys you are all really showing your age with those songs..
GACK~ I am no spring chicken but how bout some good 80s music. Some seriously good motivation and jamming tunes! :):)
I adored the 80s! bop

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Hello Kim. You are missed when you don't pop in on occasion too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
wavy Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the nice words and continuing motivation on my not smoking. It's getting easier everyday. We're supposed to be getting a storm coming in tonight with wind gusts up to 60mph. Very unusual for this time of year. I don't think my tulips will have anymore petals tomorrow. Oh well. It was nice and sunny earlier today and around 3:30 it started raining and hasn't let up since. I had to pull a medicine at work today due to a recall and wouldn't you know it's one they use a lot of. I went to walgreens and they only had a few bottles of their own generic brand. The brand I order is generic too but apparently it's one of those generics that is made by the same company that makes the name brand. But, at least I was able to get some so the nurses are happy. I just finished dinner and am trying to relax a bit but sitting isn't very good to me so I may go lie down early tonight. Or take a hot bath to losen up my muscles, we'll see.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
I got tired all over again just reading what you have to do tonight, Cricket! lol
Merme

Well, you can take a wild guess at how much of that I actually got done! notme
I sat on the floor to fold the laundry and the puppy crawled up in my lap. he's so sweet and cuddley. after a few minutes of loving on him I decided that the laundry wasn't gonna get any more wrinkled than it already is. then the kidos wanted me to read to them more of the book we started last week.
I think loving on the puppy and reading to the kids were more enjoyable and important than those dishes or cloths! thumbup

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
[quote=Merme]I think loving on the puppy and reading to the kids were more enjoyable and important than those dishes or cloths! thumbup

I quite agree, Cricket!

In my family we like to give new moms a picture of themselves holding their babies mounted with the old poem...

Scrubbing and cleaning can wait til tomorrow
babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
so quiet down cobwebs; dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!

That's the thing about housework, no matter how much you do there is always more waiting and what you did today will be needing done again soon enough. But childhood ends.

I'm glad you had that quality time with the book and your kids.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Merme
[quote=Merme]I think loving on the puppy and reading to the kids were more enjoyable and important than those dishes or cloths! thumbup

I quite agree, Cricket!

In my family we like to give new moms a picture of themselves holding their babies mounted with the old poem...

Scrubbing and cleaning can wait til tomorrow
babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
so quiet down cobwebs; dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!

That's the thing about housework, no matter how much you do there is always more waiting and what you did today will be needing done again soon enough. But childhood ends.

I'm glad you had that quality time with the book and your kids.

Merme

Merme I agree whole-heartedly 180%. thumbup

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
that's a really sweet poem merme!
I remember after my first was born my aunt came over and was holding him and started tearing up. she looked at me and said 'he'll never be this small again, not even by tomorrow'. I thought she was being menapausal or over dramatic, but it sure didn't take long for me to understand what she meant.

well, I'm outta here. that recliner is calling my name and soon the bed will be calling for me.

60mph winds, chermoni! batten down the hatches. And, 'hunker down' - as we like to say in huricane alley.

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I hope you get a good rest, Cricket.

I'm just sitting around. I should be doing something, but I don't feel like it!

They are insisting we are finally getting our long overdue rain tomorrow afternoon. The temps aren't going to get above 50, though. Still, the rain will be good.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Safe away home, O palies mine, and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
I love your little saying Merme... it's so sweet. :)
Morning! Well I am overwhelmed byt the daunting task of what to plant. My Veggie garden is in need of digging up. I have 3 beds that I totally want to plant new. Ugh.. sometimes I go outside and just stare at them. I think I will take pics of the spaces and post them on a thread and get you guys to give me ideas. I love gardening, but I bow to you all as better gardeners. I need guidance. nervous

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Hi Ditchy. How are you? I'm off to work but will check in later. What veggies did you plant last year?

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning everybody!

In a rush today so I can't stay and visit. I have to be in South Portland by 9 and my girl was supposed to be here 1/2 an hour early to help me prepare... she is now 20 minutes late! boohoo

See you all later. I hope you enjoy your day!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I hope that everything goes well for you and that your girl beiong late does not cauise you too much hardship.

I hope the day out goesd well for you also.

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
it's been raining here most of the morning but we need it. I hope we continue this pattern throughout the summer - you know rain every now and then. NC should be almost out of their drought for the first time in 5 years.

Maybe the rain has knocked down some of the pollen too. I don't know why everyone is always surprised by the pollen and don't know why they're coughing and sneezing. The same as last year dearie - it's spring. People forget. Since starting my new medicine my allergies are so much better. I'd advise anyone with a problem to go to an allergy doctor. It's changed my life. I can't take the Singulair every day though. It makes me feel exhausted.

Back to work.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I was raining here about 7:30am but now (9:05) the sun is out and it is a nice day---Rod wanted to cut grass tonight--but now I guess it will depend on if it is sunny and a bit hot today to dry up the rain or not.

________

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
just popping in to say hi. I'll be leaving for work shortly.

Cricket

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning...
Its going to be a quiet day I hope .. do have the boys , Joe is home today to do the school runs....after Carrie gets off we need to go to the party store to find decor for Timba's birthday party... Army theme.. his latest thing to be crazy about ... he has to uncles in the Army.. one in Iraq right now too.
We are going to be warm this week- 70's today and even warmer tomorrow- course thunder storm comes with the warmth.. but hopefully not today- Joe wants to mow today... and I need to repot some houseplants too- probably a few doz more things too but first I need to hit he shower and get started.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

When I was out and about today I was so delighted to see the spring flowers abloom everywhere! All the flowering trees and shrubs too! It looked great! What a precious sight to see!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Springtime is absolutely the best!

Yesterday I made another batch of Sun Tea and I'm glad I did because today is 50 degrees and rain... not enough sun to warm a jar. But pretty soon, everything is going to be lush and I can't wait!

Maxi's school gave him a large gift certificate to a local sporting goods store. Now I will be able to get his summer gear and there will probably be enough left over for when it is time to gear up for autumn and winter. I dunno why he was selected as one of the kids to get this, but I'm very grateful he was!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Merme: I am so happy for Maxi--I am sure that certificate is welcomed.

and next t ime you want sun tea try making it in the house on the kitchen counter---I think it may work--seems to me I have do so before.

________

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
wavy Hi everyone. Waiting for FIL to get here to take the kids out to dinner with their grandma who is town from D.C., we're not going so we get the evening to ourselves. clap Windy here today, weather has been crazy. Rain, hail, sun, wind, more rain, sun and wind again. It's one of those days where the weather just can't make up its mind. Since the kids are going out I don't have to cook tonight, whoohoo! I did go shopping for tomorrow, chicken parmesan for them and turkey casserole for me. The cala lily's that a friend gave me are getting ready to bloom. I just planted them in the fall so I'm very excited. Anyway, hope you all have a good evening!

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
what are you doing with the evening to yourself? Talking to us?

Cala lilys - love them. One of my daughters had them in her wedding.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Br-r-r-r! It is downright cold here tonight! I put a fleece zip up jacket on over my nightie and I'm still shivering! Isn't this early May? So why does it feel like early December?! And wasn't I just out admiring all the spring blossoms?!

My great-nephew turns 5 tomorrow. I can hardly believe it. He is the youngest of the greats so far, but we expect more eventually. But 5 years old! So grown up! The scary thing is, I remember bringing his mother home from the hospital because my sister wasn't allowed to drive yet & her husband was at work. So now his mom is old enough to have a 5 year old?! Wow!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Happy birthday to your great nephew! 5 is a big age. Cold here too, Merme, but that's normal for us.

Sheri, we went out to dinner ourselves and had chinese food. Then I took a super hot shower to try to relax my muscles, and when I said I didn't have to cook I was wrong. I forgot that I bought pork chops to make for after school snacks and I just finished frying those up. The kids love breaded cold pork chops. They are strange children, they also like brussels sprouts and eggplant. I'm relaxing now.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Sounds like busy days for everyone. Today and tomorrow are hospital runs for me. Probably Friday as well. I'm glad I got my work in on Monday and Tuesday. It is also to be in the 90's the rest of the week. Too hot too early in the year. We usually have morning foggy stuff helping us out at this time of year.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
My secret pal at one of my schools gave me an Elvis wall clock for Nurses Day. I'd like to hang it at school but the way people steal around here I don't dare. It's so cool.

Tina you are the busiest car driver I've ever seen. You could listen to CD's and memorize the entire dictionary in the amount of car time you have.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sberi I tbink you are smart for not hanging that clock at your school! It would be too bad if someone took it from you.

Another rainy day here and I am ready to go. See you all later.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
HEY! Where IS everybody? why

I had a run-in with Time Warner today. Last night my cable, internet and phone went off. This morning, my girl called them to see what's up? They said "You didn't pay your bill!"

I said "Oh yes I did! A week ago Sunday. I paid it on-line."

"oh, he says. We were having trouble with our system that weekend so even if you got the "confirmation" email, we didn't get the payment."

THAT ISN'T MY FAULT!

I mean, really! I paid, they sent the confirmation email, and then without any further notification or warning they shut me off?!

So we did the payment again and he turned me right back on in less than a minute.

I was startled. For I know that if they shut you off for non-payment, people have told me it can take them 10 days to turn you back on again, especially at this time of year when so many summer residents are arriving. So I wondered what was up with that? Have they changed their off/on system? Or what?

Now it has freaked me out about on-line payments for apparently even if you get the confirmation email it doesn't necessarily mean the payment went through!

Merme

Last edited by Merme; May 6th, 2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: I have a tricksy new keyboard

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
a co-worker of mine was paying bills on line and double clicked on something she was supposed to single click on and they took a double payment! she ended up bouncing a few checks over that foul up.

so, how's everyone doing?

me is a tired duck yet again today!

Cricket

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I pay nothing on line. I am not a trusting soul. I write a paper check and send them off or a couple are automatically paid from my account like the phone/dsl.
I have had my van for a little over a year. I only put about 10,000 miles on it. I actually like driving but a lot of those miles were boring miles. And I will admit that much of my mileage is reimbursed so that is good stuff. And I am usually home for the day shortly after 1 pm and have plenty of time to nap and recover.
So though I may complain on occasion, life is pretty good. I would just rather be outside playing with my posies some of that time.
I think sandwiches are for dinner tonight.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
it's every man for themselves here for dinner tonight. I've cooked several (probably more like 5) days in a row and these folks are eating canned soup, cereal, crackers and cheese......well, tonight they can eat some home cooked left overs or starve. I think I spoil them TOO much! who will ever spoil me, is the question! tapfoot
I don't pay anything on line either. every time I go into the bank to do this or that there is always a simple question I have (along with business related stuff) and they tell me 'well THAT part of it you can do that on line'. I tell them NO THANKS. they are like 'on line' pushers! boy, back in the day all we had to worry about were drug pushers. now, we have 'give your identidy and money away' pushers. lol

Cricket

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Time Warner used to let you pay over the phone which was ideal for a person like me who has a hard time getting anyone to mail things for me. But once they put in their PayExpress on-line, they started charging $5 to take over the phone payments! I have to pay them to take a payment?! Not me.

It is still cold here tonight, in the upper 40's. The rain stopped this morning but it never really cleared up.

I'm having the very last of my ham bone soup I didn't freeze. There is plenty in the freezer. I'm too tired to be energetic for cooking tonight.

Tomorrow night Maxi is going to a Youth Group meeting at the Cathedral. They are having dinner together they are calling "The Next Supper". I am betting he'll have a great time meeting all the kids there from 6th through 12th grade... probably some he knows from summer camp.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,871
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image