Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Poor, merme. It's one thing after another, isn't it.
I'm so frustrated with my entire fam right now. I am the ONLY one that will lift a finger around here. I went on strike last week.....no one even noticed! I'm feeling better finally since I got the antibiotics so I started cleaning a bit this morning. then had to go to the bank, go to the grocery store, still trying to get tax stuff together, gotta find sons shot records since the print out from the school nurse is too obscure for the receptionist at the doc office to make sense of. WHEW!
I was in the kitchen wrapping up the brisket to put on the pit, knowing all along the fire is probably out already cause I'm trying to do 15 things at one time, when hubby comes in and asked if I needed any help. I blew up at him with a list of things he could help me with IF it wasn't TOO much trouble! ha ha. I ran him off. he shot off to the store to do one errand for me, but I have the feeling he will take his sweet sweet time getting back! ha ha I think I screwed up getting much help for the time being.
*cricket still trying to find the top of her skull that blew right off when hubby spoke*

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
sorry for unloading on everyone earlier. I do feel better now! don't be scared. I won't yell at any of you. ha ha.
the pit is truckin right along and the brisket should be ready around 7ish. I didn't feel like making a huge meal for Easter. So, were having the brisket on tortillas with, sour cream, cheese, onion, ect. And chip and dip for a 'side dish'.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
sometimes I feel the same Cricket.

Did anyone ever post where Ditchy is?

Merme, I don't even know what a hot cross bun is. You need to request a new person.

I'm 56 years old and still have problems with my ears. I have short eustachian tubes. (short legs too if that's of any significance in this conversation. :wink:)

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm sorry Cricket. Sounds like you need to make your family cooperate more.

Sheri a Hot Cross Bun is a sweet bread-like roll. Sometimes it is made w/ raisins & nuts; sometimes it has candied dried fruit in it. Either way, it always has a Cross on the top made of white icing. It is a traditional Easter delicacy.... it feels blasphemous not to have any in my home.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Hot cross Buns are very good,, I haven't had one in years my mom used to make them,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi Diane it is good to see you on.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Okay now I am really ANNOYED!

I always have 2 dozen brown eggs in my ice box. So, because we wanted to dye eggs, I told my girl to get 3 dozen white eggs for us to dye. She said they have 18 packs, so I said "get those then". Just now I get the eggs out to boil (it's getting late in the day) and what do I find? TWO 18 PACKS OF BROWN EGGS!!! So now I have Five Dozen eggs that can't be dyed!

I called her phone.

She said "well you didn't specify and I don't dye eggs." I reminded her of the conversation about why buy 18 packs AND the fact that we've been saving all my onion skins for a few weeks and talking about dyeing them.

So her husband comes home from work at 8 PM and she will go to the store and buy me 3 dozen white eggs and drive here.... so the kid and I won't be even starting the task of dyeing our eggs until after 9 PM.

I am frosted!!

Her mind clearly just wasn't on her work yesterday.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Oh Merme, how frustrating!

I was going through my new baking book and found a recipe I wanted to try so I could have dessert tomorrow too. It said to add a half stick of clarified butter, having never clarified butter before I didn't realize that I should have done that before started the rest of it. So, the oven is warmed up, the chocolate cake batter is ready to go, and now I'm waiting on my newly melted butter to dry up so I can finish up my cake.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I am with you Merme... that girl must be having problems to have made so may mistakes-- or maybe she is pg that makes you do really dumb stuff sometimes.
I have to get some eggs boiled now too- been putting it off today- going to make up the strawberries tomorrow too... my whole contibution to dinner tomorrow..
Hope you have fun doing eggs anyway,,
Nana

[Linked Image]
#273735 Apr 11th, 2009 at 05:12 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
get your paints out and paint scenes on them and sale them on Ebay,, notme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
#273736 Apr 11th, 2009 at 05:16 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Merme I am so sorry about your eggs. While I too prefer to eat brown eggs,I agree dying them is not a good thing. I am betting the girl didn't even pay attention to the color of the eggs, and it sounds like she didnt really care--I am so sorry for you. I am sure you will still have a great time tonight dying eggs--even if it will end up beiong so late.

Cindy---I am so sorry that Brennan got sick, I know how much you must have been looking forward to spending that time with him.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Hey Junie, I hadn't had a chance to say hi to you since you've been back on. I'm so glad you are feeling better and are able to join us. I was so worried about you.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I have a lot of questions.

Cindy, how far away does Rachel live from you?

Did Brennan go to Urgent Care or somewhere to check on his ears? (I might have missed it in my reading)

Merme, what do you do with onion skins? And I wouldn't notice the color of eggs either if I had a bunch of children under 5 with me.

Where is Ditchy?

What is clarified butter? No idea here.

Cindy, why were you dying so many eggs? If we hid that many we'd never find them all.

Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Sheri, Mommy is getting Lola in the bed so I'll answer some of your questions for you. We live almost exactly 150 miles apart. Although today it didn't seem that far. Apparently I flew to get Brennan. He didn't have to go to urgent care thank goodness. I don't have insurance. I got some drops on the way to get him and put them in his ear before we headed home. He's still hurting a little, but he feels much better now.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I opened this one. It is someone else's turn.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Your Uniden will be obsolete. But thats OK. It will be broken due to planned self destruction anyway.
It's a 5.8ghz digital model phone, only issue i've ever had since I bought it 4 years ago was that I had to replace a battery in one of the handsets... would love to know what supposed "self destruction" you're talking about though...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image