Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I've been noticing brown with white/cream underbellied insects which most closely resemble some sort of millipede in the soil and drain holes of my yucca plant. This happened just in time when I saw a growth slowdown and faster decaying of leaves. re-potting is not an option, this is one big Yucca plant. It's an inside plant in a pot. Any ideas on what product to use to get rid of them?

Thanks!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am not a very organic gardener. So I would use something meant to be watered into lawns for pest control (like for grubs). I checked out worms in potted plants and one site said to use lime water and soak thoroughly once a week for three weeks in a row. I'm not sure what else. Maybe Sevin that can be watered in?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Nooooooo do not use Sevin. You can NEVER USE SEVIN INDOORS. First it is illegal and second it can harm you. You can try a solution of 1% insecticide soap or using beneficial nematodes.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The Buglady
Suzanne Wainwright-Evans, www.bugladyconsulting.com
Educating the world... one bug at a time
Hi there, I noticed a similar problem with my Umbrella Plant. I bought the indoor tree about two months ago and roughly 2 or 3 weeks ago, little millipedes or worms have been crawling out to die from beneath its base. Before that, leaves and branches started to fall off sporadically too. In fact, everyday since the leaves started falling off, I've noticed the worms. Any connection?

Some facts: I keep the tree in indirect sunlight and it was very healthy when I bought it from the plant store. I use a moisture meter and the tree has been reading "wet" or very "moist" for the past few weeks... which seems a bit strange as I was told to water and fertilize every 2 weeks or so when it becomes dry... I haven't watered it in the 2 months I've had it.

I also noticed today that the cute little branches that were sprouting before have now turned brown and look like they're dying

Any ideas? Any remedies (organic preferred)?

Here's my lovely tree:

[Linked Image]

Here are the worms:

[Linked Image]

Moisture meter reading:

[Linked Image]

Thanks guys!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image