Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#263477 Feb 16th, 2009 at 05:05 PM
Matthew Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

I'm an enthustiatic beginner, and want to plant a new lawn to replace my existing one. The one I have is uneven, lumpy and I don't like the grass.

My plan was to get some top soil in, hire a bobcat to spread it (or do it myself) to make sure the ground is even, and plant new grass.

Sounds like a good plan, but there are questions! I've had a look at the 'planting a lawn' tutorial on this website, and it was good. Here are a few questions I would really appreciate help with:

-Do I need to dig up the old grass before laying the new topsoil? What would be the best way of getting rid of it?
-My yard is about 20 square meters, how many cubic meters of topsoil will I need?
-The tutorial talks about times of the year that are better for seeding a new lawn - is it critical that I follow these suggested times?

Thanks for your help, its good to have this resorce of experts on hand!

Matthew

#264517 Feb 22nd, 2009 at 03:19 PM
Matthew Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. That'll save a lot of effort!

Matthew #270002 Mar 21st, 2009 at 09:11 PM
Why did you need the straw?

Andrea

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,855
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image