Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Remember Koeb,,?? He came to live at the Village a few months ago grin

He is a gnome from the woods and carry's a staff with chimes to call the bird. Birds are his great friends and they often take up nesting in his hat.
He had lived in the woods for soo long that he was able to appear as part of a tree to camouflage himself in case of any danger, * Trolls still appeared from time to time* nervous
However since he's come to live with us,, He asked which we liked better ;the camouflage of a tree or he as him self,, GrandPooBah told him,, what ever suits you best is fine with us! lol lol
Knowing He would live out his life with us,, He opted to keep as a tree appearance to always remind him of his years in the woods,, with no regret for leaving them. grin
[Linked Image]

He tells us trees tell us many things,, many things that Humans who don't believe in gnomes and fairys or in touch with nature could ever hear,, or understand,
He says when the wind blows and you hear the sound of rustling leaves in the wind,, it's really a message depending on the strength of the wind,, the loudness,, the spurts of gusts, will depend on good, or bad news and everything therein,
He said a few days ago the winds brought a message,, A special message. whispered through the trees. not a howling wind,, as that brings bad news . But a strong yet gentle wind meaning someone is coming in a few days someone of status,, someone that knows a true history and they will bring a story yet untold to the village.
Koeb is wise to tell us someone is coming, We must prepare for the visitor,,,, Ohhhh he Says ,, NO Not a Visitor but a new Comer, that will stay,, A Jolly One that has Luck on his side!! grin
Oh How exciting, clap

Who could it possibly BE?? why How many days Must we wait,, ??

Woody just laughs and says You'll see soon enough lol

What a tease he is,,

Koeb / Woody as we now call him . has settled around the tree for his living space and has Became fast friends with Jack who also lives around the Tree,, He told Jack who's coming But Jack won't whisper even to GrandPoo bah who it is,,.., He just says "My Business is to feed the squirrels and Not reveal the significance of the New comer,, Hushhhhhhhhhhhh am I":,, he says, as he turns away notme
[Linked Image]

Oh well we just have to wait ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I love that you changed his name to Woody, and I also like how is looks carved from wood. The birds who came with him are an extra treat/tweet!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Just to add to the mystery.Who will it be?
Maybe st Patrick?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I love your story--well the beginning of it---can't wait for the next installment---

Greetings to Kolb--aka Woody

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
What happen to my lil friend , wild willys ex girlfriend?
She use to write me? Bet she hooked up the covered wagon and went hunting/

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
(Puddin' stopped writing to anyone, Dodge, cause no one writes to her. Hey we have a new member named puddin67!)

[size:11pt]Diane this is a great beginning to a new story!! clap I'm so excited!

I had forgotten about Woody, and glad to see him. He is a wonderful gnome
(what is the difference between a gnome and a Willy?)

Can't wait to see the jolly one the wind has told of.
[/size]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Whoops a new puddin?

Hello Real Puddin,

Just thinking of you and hoping spring gives you another Happy fever.
Its the time for Love ......
Please get out amongs the world and see, how beautiful it can all be.
flowers are blooming and so is Love.....

Tell Miss Shirley Hello and we miss Pudding so......
Get the wagon all greased up and travel again.

Bye Puddin, write soon .

DOdge misses your smiling face.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Finally A dry day!!!!!!! clap It been raining for 3 days straight,, But well needed!!!!!

The Willy Village was out playing around today when I got off work

Climber climbing,, Grand PooBah and Miss Clover chatting away,,,
the Runnin' Brothers out walking Mystic,, and the rest of them just hanging out doing what ever enjoying the weather,, It was Near 80 today , Maybe spring is Here and NO more cold weather! thumbup

[Linked Image]

I brought my camera out with me after work as I'd thought about them all day , knowing Mystic needed a good walk and was hoping the Runnin brothers had her out and about today!

I got out side tho just in time to see the look on OneHand and two of his Brothers face,, And by their Body language they were taken aback from what they saw! shock

[Linked Image]

COULD IT BE???????? The New Comer of which Woody was speaking OF???????

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I had to look around to see what or who they were looking at why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSs It is ,,, The New Comer It has to be,,

Even Miss Clove Points Him out!!!!!! shock

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
As I see Him He waves at me and Introduces himself to me,,

Top of the day To ya Missy! Me name is Patrick of which the trees say will come,, I bring you many good Thoughts and Luck o' the Irish I do!
Oh yea Missy , I've been barreling around to get here I have and Me feets as rough as a Bears Arse they are! But Jolly Glad and Grateful to Be in your company grin

Just as he finished saying that, Little white carnations suddenly shot up from the ground,, Just Grew straight Up and Bloomed Instantly! shock

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Wow, he's causing magic to happen already!!! I know there's plenty of excitement running through the Village! You must have been really suprised, Diane, at the magic sprouting of the flo wers!!! How cool was that??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
(Dodge thanks for your nice letter to me! grin I am going to be traveling, in May I'm going on a jet plane!! Thanks again, from Puddin')

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
lol Oh Blarney ME ! I should have explained Me self on the first of the moment,,, upon the time I say the word grateful , Carnations Just Up and Bloom,, because they are a sign of gratefulness and That I am! lol Some say it's a curse,, Me I say it's a Blessing it tis!

THENNNNN Green Ones Shot up and Bloomed ... Even GrandPooBah was surprised!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Patrick Sweetly offers me a carnation,,

For You Missy being such a Gallery and welcoming Us gnomes , Willys as you say and Being to good to them I think me Likes the word Willy Better lol
I thinked Him graciously and took Note to ask him latter what Gallery meant notme why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
clap Wow even green ones!! How sweet of Patrick to hand you one! luv

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
New comer is Irish I notice.
What a great way to start st patricks day...........

Wow wearing of the green isnt mean.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I bring you a gift Missy Shall I call you Angelblossom??

Yes!

Me Know the morrow Bring St. Patricks day But I barrelled here quickly to gift you today,, The Sun would Be bright today and in the morrow ,, And Me knows you labor hard and am knackered when you return Home., But ye always find time for your gardens,, Me thinks you could use some useful tools to help you out!

and with that, two hand gardening tools appeared,, shock " WOWWWWWWWWWWWWw Thank you sooooo Much Patrick!"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
shock Wow!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I notice another lass here,, Miss Clove it tis?? I Give you this,,

[Linked Image]

(Miss Clove) FOR ME?????

But of Course Lass,, Your name is Miss Clove,, and I love Shamrocks they are from the same family you know,,shamrocks are smaller than clovers, though they are both species of Trifolium. And Your name Being Clove sure tells this Lad Your special In deed!!

[Linked Image]

Miss Clove asks the Ulitimate question of the day,,,

Patrick Kind Sir What can you tell me about St, Partick and How we came to celebrate? And many years ago I was told St, Patricks Color was Blue Not Green is that true??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Excellent suprise............ wearing of the green .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom[/

[Linked Image]

Miss Clove asks the Ulitimate question of the day,,,

Patrick Kind Sir What can you tell me about St, Partick and How we came to celebrate? And many years ago I was told St, Patricks Color was Blue Not Green is that true??

Patrick Squared His Shoulder proudly and Cleared his Throat to present his case as educationally as Possible

[Linked Image]

(Irish: Lá ’le Pádraig or Lá Fhéile Pádraig), colloquially St. Paddy's Day or Paddy's Day, is an annual feast day which celebrates Saint Patrick (circa AD 385–461), one of the patron saints of Ireland, and is generally celebrated on March 17.
In the past, Saint Patrick's Day was celebrated as a religious holiday. It became a public holiday in 1903, by the Money Bank. (Ireland) Act 1903, an Act of the United Kingdom Parliament .

As well as being a celebration of Irish culture, Saint Patrick's Day is a Christian festival celebrated in the Catholic Church, the Church of Ireland, and some other denominations. The day almost always falls in the season of Lent. Some bishops will grant an indult, or release, from the Friday no-meat observance when St. Patrick's Day falls on a Friday; this is sometimes colloquially known as a "corned-beef indult".When 17 March falls on a Sunday, church calendars (though rarely secular ones) move Saint Patrick's Day to the following Monday—and when the 17th falls during Holy Week (very rarely), the observance will be moved to the next available date or, exceptionally, before holy week. The public holiday in Ireland does not move and always remains at 17 March, being fixed on the State calendar.

In many parts of North America, Britain, and Australia, expatriate Irish and ever-growing crowds of people with no Irish connections but who may proclaim themselves "Irish for a day" also celebrate St. Patrick's Day, usually with the consumption of traditionally Irish alcoholic beverages (beer and stout, such as Murphy's, Beamish, Smithwicks, Harp, or Guinness; Irish whiskey; Irish coffee; or Baileys Irish Cream) and by wearing green-coloured clothing.

However Tis True It was Blue!

not green, was the colour long-associated with St. Patrick.
St. Patrick's Blue is officially the colour which appears on the Irish Presidential Standard (i.e. the flag of the President of Ireland) and the Coat of arms of Ireland. It also appears in the part of the Royal coat of arms of the United Kingdom representing Northern Ireland.

This blue and gold colour scheme is said to represent "the Ancient Colours of Ireland" and are the colours also found on the coat of arms of "the Ancient City of Dublin" and the Flag of Munster (which evolved from the coat of arms of the Lordship of Ireland). The Flag of Connacht prominently features blue as well.

Green, the colour most widely associated with Ireland, with Irish people, and with St. Patrick's Day in modern times, may have gained its prominence through the phrase "the wearing of the green" meaning to wear a shamrock on one's clothing. At many times in Irish history, to do so was seen as a sign of Irish nationalism or loyalty to the Roman Catholic faith. St. Patrick used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pre-Christian Irish. The wearing of and display of shamrocks and shamrock-inspired designs have become a ubiquitous feature of the saint's holiday. The change to Ireland's association with green rather than blue probably began around the 1750's.

WOW I didn't know that! Blue HUH?? Sooooo It all started From saying 'wearing of the green" Which meant a Shamrock,, and it progressed from there! Interesting!
~~~~~~~~
Patrick Then asked that I take him around the yard to get acquainted so off we went!

* Funny How his dialect disappeared when he gave his history Lesson * notme lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
He wanted to be very well understood by all ears who hear him!! grin

I have really been getting a history lesson from Patrick, and learning things I never knew before. We are never too old to learn something new!!! lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
We walked around the yard a bit and stopped here and there, looking and talking really getting to know each other,, Then He saw something He said
Pick me up and take me Quick! I haven't seen Oxalis regnelli atropurpurea in sooooooooo Long clap

Oh Tickle me Heart In deed,, I love these! So Glad Ye have them here Miss Angelblossom

I told him My Friend Dodge that lives in Pennsyvania sent them to me grin

[Linked Image]

A carnation for Miss Dodge then

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
What a wonderful lesson about St. Patrick's Day - thanks so much Patrick and Diane!

I can't wait to see what else Patrick discovers in the Willy Village and Diane's beautiful gardens!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
He met several of the fairy's and was so very please to learn the largest fairy's name is spring. He then gave her a carnation for he is grateful for spring! grin She returns his sentiment with a blown Kiss,

[Linked Image]

Next He meets Woody,,

Ahhhhhhhh Woody Tis Good to See you,, we speak through the winds in the trees,, Good day to ya Koeb and Your birds atop your hat,, I shall call you By your Chosen name to hold tight to your memories,, Good Choice My friend! Woody!

[Linked Image]

iiee My throat is parched,, Me needs Some Barley Ale and Me cup is Empty,, What's say we fill'er Up! shots
[Linked Image]

I run Inside to get just a little ale for our new Friend,, and give Woody the Camera.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Woody says while I was inside He turned a carnation Blue for the Old days of Celebration and said He offers Everyone at the Garden Helper a carnation
Doesn't matter if it Green or Blue,, take your pick

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And Everyone have a

Happy St. Patricks Day! thumbup :

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Very nice! Diane, thank for sharing Patrick with all of us!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Love the two colors of carnation, and everything about the welcome of Patrick!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Those last two pictures are GORGEOUS Diane!

A VERY VERY Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and all the residents and guests of the Willy Village!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
OK Diane, do YOU know what Gallery means? Did you ask him?? I want to know!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Ohhhhhhhhh Yeah I did ask him

He said Gallery it's a noun that means,, great fun, someone is a gallery-entertaining person- a good laugh lol lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
We walked around the yard a bit and stopped here and there, looking and talking really getting to know each other,, Then He saw something He said
Pick me up and take me Quick! I haven't seen Oxalis regnelli atropurpurea in sooooooooo Long clap
[color:#66FF99]

Oh Tickle me Heart In deed,, I love these! So Glad Ye have them here Miss Angelblossom
[/color]

I told him My Friend Dodge that lives in Pennsyvania sent them to me grin

[Linked Image]

A carnation for Miss Dodge then

Patrick........Thank you dearly for the Green carnation......
I am so glad to meet you and your lovely family there..

Your so keen and green..

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
Those last two pictures are GORGEOUS Diane!

A VERY VERY Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and all the residents and guests of the Willy Village!!!

Patrick says Thank you Miss Lynne of New York and Me Likes the Blue carnation Best !

Thanks Lynne I've told all at the Village your Message,
and Thanks also To Shirley Girlie and Dodge kissie for enjoying Patrick's arrival!

Psssssssst Shirley! Patricks says to thank you for showing him the map to get here quickly,, and He looks forward to seeing you in May!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Well thank you Sir Patrick bow You're most welcome. I will be there with bells on, and plan on having a jolly good time with you, and all the rest of the Village people!! clap

AND, you are quite welcome, Diane!!! thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone in the "Village"
I send a special greeting to "Patrick" as well---

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Thanks Carol! I told Patrick for you! kissie

Shirley I told The Village that your real name is Giggles,,! haha haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Diane! I didn't know you have the Village People there!
That's what Shirley wrote!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
Diane! I didn't know you have the Village People there!
That's what Shirley wrote!

Shirley has called them that Before,, haha .. I guess she doesn't see them as gnomes,, but as people ,,!
as Long as they don't start singing Y.M.C.A. touched haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
grin That's OK if that you told them my name is Giggles!! They'll probably be hearing me laugh a lot when I visit, so they would probably name me that anyway! lol

Sorry all you gnomes and Willies...I just can't get Village People out of my head...hey, that would be OK with me if you all sang YMCA!!! haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Shirley4
grin That's OK if that you told them my name is Giggles!! They'll probably be hearing me laugh a lot when I visit, so they would probably name me that anyway! lol

I'm sure they will lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image