Print Thread
Rate Thread
#259582 Jan 28th, 2009 at 10:15 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
This Morning we woke to ice thin sheets of ice everywhere.
I went to check on the Willys' in the Village that have opted to stay outside this winter,

First thing I noticed was the frozen lavender and the flag of the Village shock

[Linked Image]
Evidently when I let Emmy out very early this morning while it was still dark a few of the inside Willys slipped right past me when I opened the door because when I went back out after the sun came up I saw one of the running brothers pulling a twin on a sled across the bridge,, which is fine except for the fact she didn't have a coat on or at the very least a blanket over her,, shock shock tapfoot
[Linked Image]

After I ran back in to grab a little blanket to cover the twin
[Linked Image]
, I scolded the running Brother for allowing either one of them to go out without a 'warmer' on, nono he said he was enjoying the fresh cold air after being inside for so long, rolz

MORE Below

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
GrandPooBah came out to watch the silly wee willys slip and slide around on the rock tower
[Linked Image]

,, "Silly wee Willy's",, he said" Don't you know playing around on the rock tower with ice on it is a foolish thing to do,, Just look at you falling turning your self upside down, can't get your footing, danger danger,, this is not the place to be playing on,, this is our work area,, you should find a better place to slid on so you won't fall and hurt your self boohoo ,, One hand willy even has enough sense to stay inside,, teach "

Mic looks on from the flower pot at least keeping his feet warm lol

[Linked Image]

Chuckling to himself thinking,, " I would never risk it, Ice!! On the rock tower! nervous Noooooooo way,, touched

I allowed the running brother to take the twin on one more ride on the bridge then then INside they go,, :wink:

[Linked Image]

I understand their excitement as we don't often get to see snow or Ice here,, But lesson learned,, 'warmers' always go on in cold weather,, and never ever play on the rock tower or any other hard surface when there is Ice on it, teach

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Diane, thanks for another great story!! I love reading and seeing how life progress for the Willies in the Village!! I wonder if they will be building a snowman while you are at work? Or did you make them all go inside before you left? This is a new thing for them so I'm sure they have had fun!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Cindy... Travelin' Willy is welcome here any time! grin

Shirley there wasn't enough snow if any for a snowman,, only sleet and ice,, most of which has melted, Tonight is going to be another cold night so all of the willy's are inside, now. thumbup
Tomorrow morning I will certainly watch what/ who goes out the door with me,, lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Diane I love to see the Willys playing in the Ice. Bratbird just shook his head when I read the story to the birds. Bratbird and YOYO are helping me type so I don't have to use my left arm too much.
Stay warm tomorrow and be careful going to work.

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Diane - I'm so glad some of the Willies had a chance to have fun in the weather, even if it was hazardous for most humans the past few days! I really love the way you tell the stories, and all your pieces are so true to size of the village - you really have the gift for finding just the right things for it, and your presentations are perfect too!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Diane, another wonderful story about the "Village" and all of its inhabitants.--I really enjoy hearing about their "adventures".--It brings such joy to me as I am sure it does to to others as well.

I surely bet they were in awe if the Ice that has been coming their way. But you were wise indeed to watch them more closely and keep them indoors. I am glad to hear that they are all safe & warm.

There will be plenty of time for play when this terrible cold snap leaves their-(and your)- area...... thumbup

Thanks again--- kissie

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
Diane! I sat Travelin' Willy up on the computer and he loved seeing his friends sliding around.
He said he might like to go for another visit soon.

If Travelin' Willy was here again I could have him out playing in the snow and building little snowmen, sliding down our hill on a little red sled he loved when he was here before, and maybe feeding the birds. He was so adventurous when he was here!! Of course, I don't know how he and Puddin' would get along now. rolz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I think it's time for Travelin' Willy to go on another trip don't you?

Besides... it would be interesting to see how things "heat up" between him and Puddin' don't ya think?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
You're right Lynne! lol

Diane, I don't mean to intrude in your story, but my Willies were so interested in this story and wanted to share some pictures with your Village, of them playing in the snow. I hope this is OK. grin

Mr Tally, who keeps score of their games, keeps a diary, and reads to them (he sits atop a large snail; he thinks that makes him look important! rolz) is going to write their adventure, but they asked me to take the pictures!.

---------

Hi all, I'm Mr Tally, and the fella's asked me to tell you about these pictures for them. Let's see, this first one here, uh...they had attempted to make a snowman but the snow is real powdery and would not hold together. They kept asking Miss Shirley if she could add some glue or something. rolz She tried to explain but they have not come into their full maturity so it was a little hopeless.

[Linked Image]

Let me see (sometimes I think I need to be getting me some 'specs), this one here is One-foot trying to make a snow angel. Hey I don't think you have met One-foot! Someone run and find One-hand so they can see one another. Miss Shirley is always having a problem with him, has to get him out of the worst predicaments!!! egad Anyway, one day he was climbing around on her bookshelves and fell; well, he broke his foot plumb off!!! There was no hope of saving it; but, it has healed up nicely and he is able to get around....and a little subdued.

[Linked Image]

Now here we come to Nutso.....I don't know what's wrong with that boy but he's just nuts!!! touched Well, anyway, here he is trying to climb up a snow bank. I don't know how many times Miss Shirley told him not to!!! I'm just glad she snapped this picture before he slid all the way back down on his backside!! notme

[Linked Image]

Thanks Mr Tally for helping with this. Hope you guys in the Village enjoy seeing your cousins playing in the snow!! Here's a kiss for all of you kissie
Oh, and a little information for all the single Willies there.....Puddin' will be coming to visit in the spring sometime! Are you ready for that??!!! haha You can give 'ole TW some competition!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Funny you posted that today Because when I got home One hand wanted to see the pictures I'd taken because he had stayed inside when we had the Ice storm,,

I was reading out loud what you'd written,,
He Cracked Up when I read about your willy's wanting to glue the snow together enough to make a snowman or even a snow ball,

" GLUE ? shock notme touched haha haha " says One Hand

[Linked Image]

He got soo tickled with that! lol lol

When you introduced One Foot,, and told of his accident boohoo ,, One Hand Really paid attention! shock feeling familiar with the tragedy kissie
[Linked Image]

And Now he doesn't feel so bad about his one hand though he is used to it now,, and says " One Foot must have had a terrible time getting around, at the beginning,, But it sure looks like he's having a great time! clap boohoo * idea we MUST be related somehow,, One hand ` now One foot,, must be a long distance cousin somewhere down the line grin *
He said,, "Hey We Willys' are built tough we can endure anything and live to tell about it!! So Mr. One Foot,, Cheers to you My Friend,, Live Life Love Long!!! " shots

Onehand said,, " Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
where is this Puddin Lass you speak of,, notme Me wants to see her notme grin "

I told One Hand,,

Slow your roll player, You can't see her until she gets here This way you'll get to meet Miss Shirley and Puddin' at the same time! :wink:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
haha haha That is so funny!!!

So....One Hand has his sights on meetin' Puddin' huh??

She's already packing!!!! haha haha

They will all have a great time, I know!!!! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Well I think that Travelin' Willy needs to head off One Handed at the pass and arrive in Texas before Puddin' gets there, don't you?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
Well I think that Travelin' Willy needs to head off One Handed at the pass and arrive in Texas before Puddin' gets there, don't you?

UHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YEP! haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Well, he doesn't need to rush off too fast!!

Wow, Puddin' will be having two willies fight over her!! Uh, well, you know what I mean. blush notme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
SHIRLEY!!! haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Good gracious, I sure picked a good time to come in the door, didn't I?????

what IS going on here???? why haha

________

Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
I think the Willies in Ohio and in Texas are coniving together!!! rolz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Wait a minute - I thought it was the willies in Kentucky and Texas??? Do you mean to say there is a third one vying for Puddin'???

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Yes....One-Hand in TX

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Oh Diane, thanks for letting me do this in YOUR topic!!

Yesterday Wild Willy, which Bill sent me and had signed across the butt, and which usually is hanging from his rope among my large hanging vine, climbed down and I caught him looking wistfully out the window. I snuck up behind him and took his picture!

[Linked Image]

He turned around and gave me this LOOK :

[Linked Image]

I didn't know if he was just longing for spring, or watching an airplane, wondering if it was going to TX and wishing he was on it!!

He did say he wished he could go outside!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts

...So...I took him outside! grin

He immediately spied a magical horse which wandered out of the woods and they became fast friends! But, when he decided to climb on and go for a ride, the delicate little horse sat right down!! shock

She said, "Get off me, you big lum-ox! You're too big and heavy!!

[Linked Image]

He got off and she ran away as fast as she could go!!!!

Then I found him down on the ground among the leaves and sticks looking for something. He said he was hunting 'shrooms'!!!...I can imagine what kind. rolz

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
He really enjoyed being outside, and I'm glad, because when we came back in he had a bad
accident!!! boohoo boohoo

He ran ahead of me up the hall and threw his rope up over the door knob, saying he wanted to climb up and open the door himself. Well, I started to take a picture of that but before I could, when he slung the rope up over the knob it slid right off and he went crashing to the floor!!! boohoo badday

He broke one whole leg off and all of his behind, where Bill had signed, 'Wild Willy'!! yikes egad

I took him to our resident Indian Shaman. You met him when T-Willy visited me.
I took the ticking pillows out of the covered wagon where T-Willy had slept (with Puddin'!!! rolz) while here, and laid Willy on them in front of the Shaman. Willy was in so much pain..and was embarrassed...and he wouldn't even look at the camera!! uhuhh prayers Poor Willy, I'm afraid he is done for now.

[Linked Image]

boohoo boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Poor wild willy boohoo kissie

Can't he be put back together at all?? tears

I feel so bad for him and YOU TOO!! I know you comforted him and soothed him Poor little Fella! It must have been very sad to see him in pieces shock boohoo
I hope it helps to know not every willy gets to see a magical horse , even if it was a bit grumpy at least he got to see it and touch it,,,,, grin
idea Do you think he might have found and eaten the wrong kind of 'shrooms,,,, even tho that would be quite out of the ordinary for a gnome to eat the wrong kind of 'shroom, because they know nature so well.
I guess probably he was just in too big of a hurry to climb up to the door handle and misjudged the loop on his rope somehow.??
Give him kissie from me and the Village.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
I will give him kisses, Diane, and no, there is no hope for him! I even noticed ther is a crack all the way up his side, too. I will leave him in the capable hands of the Indian Shaman and he will help him on his way. badday

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
ohhhhhh Mannnnnn,, that's soo sad,,,,,,
I'm Glad you Shaman there to guide him boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
You know my Willy that Cindy sent me years ago is No Leg Willy. I don't know who stole his leg but one day they were gone. Maybe I can get him to look at Merme's Compatible Parts site.

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Golly...There is.....

1) One-hand Willy...
2) No-Leg Willy
...and now....
3) No-Butt Willy ???? neenee

So sorry for your Willies mishap, Shirl.....

________

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Shirley, can you prop him up on a window sill, or in a plant pot, so he can still enjoy all that goes on in your place?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Idea Lynne,, there is Hope!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Diane - do you have an update on the Willy Village now that spring has sprung in your area???

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Hmmmmmm.....St Patricks Day is coming up! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Great idea Shirley!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
notme why notme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image