Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
That sounds great Merme! Glad this new agency is working out so well for you!

Hi Jiffy! wavy

I will have to watch the movie sometime, Carol.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I can't sit through a whole movie any more. My attention span seems to be about an hour, tops. And even then I need commercial breaks to run and do something else.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I enjoy watching a good movie; it can just be hard once in a while to find something I feel is worth the time to watch. I haven't seen Mr. & Mrs. Smith but it is on TV often. I will check it out next time.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I really enjoy watching movies. It is not that I don't like to. I just don't take the time I guess to sit down and watch one. I have a 6 year old that likes to interrupt all the time. lol

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Jess this agency is organized like one of the "old fashioned" agencies. If a girl calls off, they try not to leave a patient stranded. They send a replacement girl OR someone from the office. It has only happened twice that they had no one to send and they freak out about it!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by plantqueen
I really enjoy watching movies. It is not that I don't like to. I just don't take the time I guess to sit down and watch one. I have a 6 year old that likes to interrupt all the time. lol

lol I remember those days, Jess!

Also, I rarely can just sit and stare at a screen. I'm watching a movie and crochetting, sewing, playing a game with Maxi, fooling around on line or something.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
That is the way they all should be! So glad you finally founds a good one!!

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Merme, so glad that this agency is working out so well. It sounds like the one girls misfortune is turning into your good fortune.----it will be so nice for you to not have to worry about Maxi's supper on friday nights.---That should help you feel better right off the bat.

jessica, it isn't a bad movie. In the beginning they are going to a marraige counslor and in the end they are at the samne office but you can see they are much happier----it was kinda cute--but maybe it was so for me because I knew neither one was going to get killed. it just had that "feel about it, ya know???.---there was a lot of fun fire in it though. & a sex scene--not for kids

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Peace of mind is priceless. It really HELPS me to have reliable girls and a good agency.

Having a clean kitchen & bath is a big issue because my immunity is near zero... I am really easy prey to infection. So when I had unreliable girls, I did that work myself although my docs said I mustn't. Besides, I can't stand an unclean kitchen or bath. These girls stay on top of both rooms so I never have to worry.

Thanks for the heads up about Mr & Mrs. Smith, Carol. I will preview it before I let Maxi see it.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good to know about the movie, Carol. I am careful on what I let Tristen watch. He isn't interested in those types of movies anyways. He just likes kids movies. I'm sure it won't be long before I have to monitor what channels he has the TV on. Right now it is all Nickelodeon.

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
you both are welcome. I know I was cautious of what the girls watched when they were home--(well when they were young and impressionable)

I am glad that you will not have to be going against the drs advice now merme--perhpas you will feel better that way. thumbup

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Jess we didn't have regular TV when Maxi was very small. Living at the beach as we do, we are right at sea level and couldn't get regular TV reception. Everyone here needs cable or a really great anteanna to watch. Well, we didn't have either, so I bought Maxi videos. He was about Tristan's age before I could afford cable and I paid extra to get all those kid stations. He loved Nick and his first web site experience was Nick Jr. I think my remote was jammed to only turn on to Nick, Disney & Cartoon Network...ay-yi-yi... I could easily sing all the cartoon songs from back then! Adult programming? What was that? lol

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Yeah, we have 5 or 6 cartoon channels. It gets really old after a while. I will start to say...ok, I have watched SpongeBob long enough...and before I can finish he will say...I know mom, you want to watch the news. lol I guess he thinks that is all we watch is the news. lol

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I am feeling better in so many ways, Carol, it is good.

Today at dialysis we got me within 2 pounds of my goal. We're sure we can get me all the way down on Friday. And they gave me that concentrated dose of salt and that kept me from getting too sick. YAY!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Great news Merme! Hopefully they get you all the way down on Friday!

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Originally Posted by plantqueen
and before I can finish he will say...I know mom, you want to watch the news. lol I guess he thinks that is all we watch is the news. lol

That is so cute, Jess!

Jessica, the newshound! lol

It was interesting to me to notice Maxi "outgrowing" the programming. A once favorite show would fall out of favor and become childish to him but maybe I would still like it!!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm off for now, my friends.

Safe away home O my palies and sweet dreams to you all.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
I am glad you are feeling better Merme. and good night to you...

jess, that is so cute what Tristen says----see they do pay attention----

________

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Just checking in.. I know I have been a stranger.
ITs back to REALLY cold here tonight.. I think its 5.. but the moon is really lovely and its not even full yet!
Hope everyone had a great day! Night all! Will try to visit more! grin

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Well hello, Good night Kim---I am sorry it is so cold there----I hope it warms up for you soon.....

________

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Good night Merme and Kim!

I am off too! Night Carol! wavy

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Ok I guesas I will call it a night and go to sleep myself---

Good night everyone... wavy

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
so everyone's gone to bed?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour

I am on my way. I got up a little early and I am very tired. I will see everyone on the flip side.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour

Sorry Sheri, I guess we were a bunch of old folks that needed sleep.
I have been trying to not stay up late, I get up at 6 every morning as a force of habit, even if I go to bed at midnight. HAve always been an early bird. on that note!
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Off to hit the elyptical.. Well it usually hits me. Thank god for my Ipod! grin
I have heard rumors that we might get a warm up this weekend. The thermometer says 5 right now so anything will be a welcome improvement over that. egad

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning Kim! wavy

Good Morning everyone[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I woke early again. First cup.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Hi everyone ~

I was up until 5 AM and so I was a terrible sleepyhead when my girl arrived at 8. So, at 8:30 she brouht me coffee in bed. I got up soon after though because I have much to do today. Meantime, I am finishing waking up and she is tidying the living room and moving some misplaced items for me.

We have a brightly sunny day here on the coast which is a welcome relief after recent overcast skies.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning from me as well--- I am sleeping better now, as I can finally get over to my stomach.----it does not feel the best when I get up, but I am getting up later, so I must be sleeping better. thumbup

I guess I will go make more coffee, Rod only left me 1=1/2 cups this morning---and it sure takes more than that to get me going these days.

Today I have not much up. Valarie may come by, as she has an appointment at the vet's for Thor. That will be nice.

________

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I hate my pharmacy! It used to be excellent but a few years ago they started having trouble keeping reliable pharmacists and now things are always in chaos.

THREE days ago I called in 5 scripts because I like to wait and group refills together rather than have my girl running back and forth. The guy said they were really busy that day because the store had had a winter emergency the day before & they were trying to catch up. So I said I could pick them up the next day.

The next day my girl goes down to pick up the 5 refills and there is only one in the bag! That one is kept in the refrigerator at the pharmacy & the others are not so sometimes they grab the cold bag & forget to look on the shelf for the others. So I called them "where are the other four?" "What four" they wanted to know? THE FOUR I ORDERED YESTERDAY SO I WOULDN'T BE RUNNING BACK AND FORTH!" Okay, we'll fill them now. But my girl was out of time.

So today she runs to the pharmacy to pick up the four and now there are only THREE in the bag. I called them back. "Oh, that one is expired!" SO you couldn't have told me that at some point during all these conversations we've had so I could have gotten a new script from the doc when I saw him yesterday?! "Well, we can give you a couple to hold you over until the doc faxes the script to us." So BACK to the pharmacy my girl goes.

THREE trips to the pharmacy and FOUR phone calls to get one order filled right!

These people make me crazy.

But this is an improvement over last year when they kept accidently deleting their computer files and a person would call in for a refill of the drug they'd been taking for years & the clerk would say "you've never taken that drug!" They did that to me twice on medications I'd been taking for 7 years!

One reason I am looking forward to moving is so I'll have a choice of pharmacies and won't have to use the only one in town.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been hopping this morning. Getting a few things done around here getting ready for a rainy weekend.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I hope your rain is only what is needful, Tina.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm eating vegetable beef soup again. I've been making it a lot lately. It seems to go with snow and cold better than anything. If I lived in Maine Merme I don't know what I'd do. I think I'd get sick of it every day. oink

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Vegetable beef soup goes good on most days here, Sheri. So does vegetable chicken, vegetable shrimp, vegetable kielbasa, vegetable hamburger and just plain vegetable soup! lol

I just had a grilled cheese & bologna because I'm measuring fluids again until tomorrow & being really strict.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm taking a study break. I'm so sick of studying. I want this to be over once and for all. I don't think I'll ever take another class. I used to like school but I'm sick to death of it.

I'm watching a TV show called Snapped. It's about women who've killed their husbands. Johnny better watch out.

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,
Been reading to catch up, been feeling crappy the last few days- just hurt all over and almost feverish but didn't have a fever-- think I was just worn out from not sleeping well- so finally told Joe he had to take over for a day or so and I rested- took a sleeping pill and let myself sleep till I woke up ... took hot baths and got the aches to go away finally- was swelling in all my joints so was the arthritis or a bug or both... feel halfway decent today ....
So happy you are haveing better results at dialyis Merme-- and your new girls and agency sound like they are much better for you and Maxi-- actually helping you especially with the cleaning stuff- sounds like they actually have a brain too... doing stuff without being told every single thing to do.
It's warmed up here again the last couple days... it's nice to be able to open up the house ... course they say it's another cold wave coming this weekend... but it is Feb... I am going to gather the rugs and run them thru the washer and hang them out to dry-
Well got the bathrooms to clean too and the upstairs I never made it to last week- off to get busy while I still feel like doing it.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
anyone seen chermoni lately

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Sheri it will be over soon. And we are all praying for you.

Sherri I'm glad to see you on as I've been wondering about you! I'm glad to hear you are feeling some better. Try to stay warm and ache free if the weather turns colder this weekend. I know how you suffer in the lower temps.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

500 Posts
500 Posts
Ahh my sunflowers has finally opened grin

[Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
Grande Damme
20k Posts
OP Offline
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Beautiful, Mark!

Maxi adores sunflowers.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,871
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image