Unregistered
If you need a Bubba fix....here it is! lol

Mark LOVES his doggy.

[Linked Image]

Don't pee on my peach tree! lol

[Linked Image]

Birdbath is okay, you can pee there!

[Linked Image]

When he's done all I have to do is say goodbye Bubba and he bounds thru the yard like a rocket!!!! If he even sees me leave the porch he's right at the back door. He's a very attached sort of dog. lol

[Linked Image]

#257905 Jan 19th, 2009 at 09:16 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Wonderful pictures, Loz--and I love the captions too thumbup

and yes I was in need of my Bubba fix!!!

as far a Mark loving his "Bubba"--whats not to love????

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
#257906 Jan 19th, 2009 at 09:16 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Awesome. Thanks, Loz. Even as an attached dog he will enjoy getting some 'me' time in the spring/summer when he can warm his bones in a sunny spot.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #257909 Jan 19th, 2009 at 09:20 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I'll be glad when he's more trusting of us not leaving him......he's VERY attached right now. Follows me everywhere. If we're out of sight he's right on our heels.

At night when we go to bed he gets in his bed too. Last night we went into the bathroom both of us, and when I opened the door there he was sat outside. lol

As you can tell Mark is just as attached to the dog as me, if not more so I'd say. Funny coming from a man that said, I don't want a dog. We're not getting a dog. lol

#257914 Jan 19th, 2009 at 09:36 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
I'll be glad when he's more trusting of us not leaving him......he's VERY attached right now. Follows me everywhere. If we're out of sight he's right on our heels.

As you can tell Mark is just as attached to the dog as me, if not more so I'd say. Funny coming from a man that said, I don't want a dog. We're not getting a dog. lol

he will learn----The owners who had Dante before us must have beat Dante with his collar & coats---it took him a long time not to cower every time I took off my jacket or his collar--but he did stop. Bubba will learn that he is in a safe and good home in time as well.

and I think Men say that Loz, Rod was NEVER having an inside dog--no way no how---well he is now more attached than I am as well---(I am not implying that I am not attached it is just that he is more attached)

________

#257915 Jan 19th, 2009 at 09:39 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Butt was very insecure when we adopted him. I know he was dumped from a family car at the high school from the way he behaved when we went for rides and wanted him to get out and play. He was petrified to leave the vehicle.
I began taking him with me a couple ranches up when I was watering for them. He would get very wet and muddy. I did not want him back in my car that way for the trip home. So I made him run beside for a bit. He would jump on the hood. Or get in front of the car and sit. He was terrified I would leave him. After a bit he realized he could run along and when he was dried off and most of the crud had fallen off him, I would let him back in. He began to like it a lot. It became one of his favorite things to do. I have clocked him at 40 mph now. And he got smart and started cutting through the fields instead of the long way around on the roads. Meet me at our gate, panting and wagging.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #257920 Jan 19th, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
oh Tina that is cute--and he gets his exercise that way too.--I am gadl he now understands---you are being a good "mommy" thumbup

back at "the farm" dante had 5 acres to run on and did a lot--now he does not get much run time--we have noticed that at night he will run in his sleep--his legs just go and go---Nice dreams for him I imagine.

Loz, you are making a good "mommy" too---

________

JunieGirl #257926 Jan 19th, 2009 at 11:08 AM
500 Posts
500 Posts
I love your Bubba. I am a big fan of Schnauzers! I had a female named Anubis but I lost her year before last. She was a black Schnauzer and boy was she a talker. I still miss her. But Here is my Bubba, well I should say my husbands because that is who is more attached to.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
Memosa #257934 Jan 19th, 2009 at 01:29 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
More cute pictures and stories!! Bubba will get better about you leaving him. Libby was that way at first too. It gets better! He is a cute puppy though!!

Memosa #257935 Jan 19th, 2009 at 01:30 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
Loz, looks like your birdbath is suitable for penguins only at the moment. Hope you're enjoying the big freeze. Looks like Bubba is handling it well. Guess he has no choice; a dog's gotta pee! Does Bubba 'talk' a lot?

Memosa, your Bubba has very similar colouring to our Rosy. Guess that's what Rosy will look like when she grows up.

Eternity
stevie_g #257940 Jan 19th, 2009 at 03:10 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Your Bubba is cute too! thumbup

Penguins are welcome anytime. lol Bubba has no choice, you're right. But he seems to like prancing thru the snow.

He's not much of a talker. He rarely barks, in fact he's very quiet.

Tina that is a funny story about your doggy. And Carol, isn't it funny how quickly the men become so attached? lol

Thanks Jess..... grin

#257945 Jan 19th, 2009 at 03:46 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I wasn't trying to hijack your doggy topic. Only let you know that insecurities can be changed with time and love.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #257952 Jan 19th, 2009 at 04:18 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
loz, do you think bubba will get more interested in the birdbath and pond when the snow goes away? my dogs didn't other than to get a drink, but every animal is different.

#257963 Jan 19th, 2009 at 04:41 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh no, I didn't think that at all Tina. kissie

Jiffy, to be honest I don't think he'll be too bothered by them. I could be wrong though, if worse comes to worse I'll get some metal fencing to put around the pond. But he's so well behaved I don't think he will mess with it.

#257965 Jan 19th, 2009 at 04:47 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It sounds like he will be cool and ignore your fishies, Loz. And if he wasn't too thrilled with the bath you gave him, he probably isn't a swimmer either. So you are probably safe. If he ends up in the pond it would probably be by accident and even the fish will laugh at him.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
#257967 Jan 19th, 2009 at 04:53 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz

At night when we go to bed he gets in his bed too. Last night we went into the bathroom both of us, and when I opened the door there he was sat outside. lol

lol I hear ya Loz,, Emmy is Still like that,, now she is at the point she won't go outside with/out me,, <-- Now that gets on my nerves sometimes,, cuz sometimes I don't want to go out there especially when it's cold and windy,, So I tell her Hurry up and Pee Emmy!
She sits at my bathroom door too,, as if to say Hurry Up and Pee Didi lol

I LOVE the pictures of him in the snow,, You'd better go get a snow suit for him!!!!!!

I know what you mean exactly about "HE" not wanting a dog,, .. and now HE spoils her more than I do,,..
I'm loving seeing your pictures Loz,, It will never wear on me,, I totally understand your excitement,,
You looked at every single picture of Emmy and you never got tired of them,, and I've known how long you've wanted a doggy,, I'm soooooo happy for you,, .. You've only got 30 more topics on Bubba to go to catch up with me,, Jussssssssst Kidding kissie lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #257969 Jan 19th, 2009 at 04:59 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Well I think Emmy is adorable!!!!! If they weren't fixed I'd say we should make puppies out of them. lol

Yeah, it's not fun having to go outside EVERY time he pees. I about froze the other day. He won't come in the bathroom at all which I thought was weird. Then I found out that he was kept in the bathroom a lot. If she the owner went to work or out she'd put him in there and shut the door. I guess now he hates the bathroom. Don't blame him.

How about new Emmy pictures?

#257974 Jan 19th, 2009 at 05:05 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Uhhhhhhhhhh Emmy isn't fixed,,,,,,,, Yet,,,,,,,,, notme

I'll get some pictures of her soon,, I've taken them just around the house,, but mostly of her playing with her balloons and I've already shown that why ,,

In the mean time,,, have you cleaned a space out for his winter wardrobe?? lol seeing how your the family of ball caps he difinatley needs his own ball cap! I'll have to look for a dallas cowboys one for him! notme lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #257981 Jan 19th, 2009 at 05:31 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh my, they make doggy caps? lol lol lol

I almost bought him a sweater the other day at the Dollar General--who knew they had sweaters? Athena spotted them, they had a Medium but their medium was way too small for Bubba. He's about 18 pounds. And they were tiny. Athena was disappointed, but I told her we'd have to look at Walmart again.

Emmy isn't fixed? Darn, if Bubba wasn't fixed they sure would've made some cute puppies. lol

Hope you have some new pictures soon.

#257986 Jan 19th, 2009 at 05:40 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
lol You had me looking at doggy jackets in Wal-mart the other day. (on sale) But the range of sizes even in the 'small' was tremendous. But they had the cutest little black motor-cycle jacket (leather-like) with zippers and things. I know that medium is too big just by looking though. And medium was all they had in that one. I thought the look might appeal to Mark.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #257989 Jan 19th, 2009 at 05:55 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh my gosh, you guys don't have to send clothes for Bubba. Although I could just picture him in a motor cycle jacket. lol I really need to look more for clothes for him.

#257992 Jan 19th, 2009 at 05:59 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Oh my, they make doggy caps? lol lol lol

I almost bought him a sweater the other day at the Dollar General--who knew they had sweaters? Athena spotted them, they had a Medium but their medium was way too small for Bubba. He's about 18 pounds. And they were tiny. Athena was disappointed, but I told her we'd have to look at Walmart again.

Emmy isn't fixed? Darn, if Bubba wasn't fixed they sure would've made some cute puppies. lol

Hope you have some new pictures soon.

Yep they make doggy caps,, [Linked Image] two holes for the ears too,, lol also foot/ paw warmers Like booties,, to go outside in the snow

I bought a medium for Emmy at pet smart in a couple of different things,, depending on the manufacturer,, one I had to take back because it was too small,, had to get a large in that one,,
Dollar general and walmart clothes for pets are sized smaller in all sizes,, that's why Jimmy had such a hard time finding them for his doggies,, He finally went to pet smart and got the xlarge one for Ernie,, and took Ernie with him.
Do you have a petsmart near you? You can take Bubba in the store with ya ~ ya know??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #258007 Jan 19th, 2009 at 06:39 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
OMG, that is TOOOOOOOO funny. haha You know the night I met Mark he had a Cowboys cap on and I thought it was a sign from God. Turns out it was his brothers hat and he didn't really have a favorite team. lol

No Petsmart around here, or Petco----nothing cool. It's not fair! We do have a few pet stores though that I might have to check out. thumbup

#258014 Jan 19th, 2009 at 07:19 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Now would be a good time for sales, I think, Loz.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #258017 Jan 19th, 2009 at 07:27 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
Our Super Walmarts around here has some really cute butch and girlie dog cloths in sizes from XXS to XXL. At really good prices. Go to the Walmart web site and check out what they have. If your store doesn't have it you can order it on line and have it sent to your store.

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
Memosa #258034 Jan 19th, 2009 at 10:23 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Good idea! thumbup

#258233 Jan 21st, 2009 at 03:29 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
What are you taking a picture of me for?

[Linked Image]

Is it cause I'm cute?

[Linked Image]

#258238 Jan 21st, 2009 at 04:04 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
awwwwwwww I love his face Loz! grin lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #258252 Jan 21st, 2009 at 04:31 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
thumbup He's so observant. Always looking around. In the truck he's ALWAYS propped up on the window looking outside. He's just like a big, furry stuffed animal---only he's real. lol

#258255 Jan 21st, 2009 at 04:55 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
thumbup He's so observant. Always looking around. He's just like a big, furry stuffed animal---only he's real. lol

Yep He looks like a stuffed animal,, lol all cuddly and soft
It won't be long when he recognizes the camera when you pick it up . Like Emmy He won't know what's it's for but when put in his direction,, he'll understand it makes you giggle or be happy, lol ,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #258312 Jan 22nd, 2009 at 07:24 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I have a Webkinz schnauzer that I gave him to play with and he loves it. He carries it all around with him. I keep saying, get your twin Bubba. lol

I don't think he's used to having his picture taken. I don't even think rose had a digital camera. So he'll have to get used to it because he'll have a ton of pictures taken. Athena said he's a GH star. haha

This morning he was sad that Mark wasn't here. He sniffed to the front door and sat there. Then he sniffed to Marks nap couch and sat looked to see if he was there. I keep telling him, Mark will be back. lol

I guess when I go to moms for lunch he'll be coming today. He already knows it's his second home and leads me right over there now. thumbup

#258353 Jan 22nd, 2009 at 04:57 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
IF you start saying " Mark is home " when you see or hear Mark come in the door,, he will know Mark By name,
I ask Emmy all the time about the time that Dwight should be home... "Where's Dwight>>??"
She runs to the door and starts barking and waking her tail and jumping up,, If I'm in the bedroom and say Where;s Dwight she goes to where he is,, in the living room or where ever he is at that time in the house,, it doesn't take them long at all to know who's name belongs to who,, Dogs are really smart when given the chance to be,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #258383 Jan 22nd, 2009 at 06:08 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh he knows Marks name.

Marks been going out to his old owners house since he was a puppy. So he's really close to Mark....I'll say, where's Mark--go get him...and he'll run up and jump on him. lol

He's been learning that my name is Loz. Mark will say, where's Loz--and he'll run over to me now. grin thumbup

I'd like to think that my dog is a genius. haha He is quite smart though. He's been doing a high 5 now........I keep working with him on different things.

#258385 Jan 22nd, 2009 at 06:11 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
COooooooooool!!!!!!! It's fun to teach them want watch them learn Just like a kid,, grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #259162 Jan 26th, 2009 at 09:20 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Bubba was bored this morning and started offering free rides around the house.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Trunky and Teddy are his two friends.

[Linked Image]

He always looks like an old, grumpy man---but he's not at all like that. He's the sweetest, friendliest doggy......We bought him new dog food last night, gravy train. Uhhhhhh, I think we forgot he had a beard. It was brown when he was done. But he sure loved it. He didn't so much love the beard wash that happened afterwards. lol

#259164 Jan 26th, 2009 at 09:24 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hey, Loz---about the gravy train---If you feed him 2 times a day, couldn't you give it to him dry for one meal & "gravied" for the other??

There would be less beard washing needed that way---

________

JunieGirl #259167 Jan 26th, 2009 at 09:34 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Actually he only eats once a day. rose, his old owner, said that's how he ate...and he does. Usually his bowl is filled all the time but he'll only eat between 6pm-9pm. So we gravied his food up around 6pm and he ate it all in one go.....he licked the bowl clean too.

It's nice having a dog that eats dry dog food that you can just leave out all day.....my old dog ate canned dog food and as soon as you opened it he woofed it down. This seems easier.

Course, he gets a few snacks in the day too. Gravy train can be dry though so I guess we just won't gravy it up for him anymore. Maybe once in a while before we bath him.

I tried to talk him into giving me a ride but he rolled his eyes at me and said I was way too heavy! shock

#259171 Jan 26th, 2009 at 09:42 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by loz

I tried to talk him into giving me a ride but he rolled his eyes at me and said I was way too heavy! shock

Well, Loz, at least you tried-- lol--

sorry about Bubba getting so messy--but like you say he could have "gravy" right before bath time---it would be a special treat that way too. thumbup

________

JunieGirl #259172 Jan 26th, 2009 at 09:45 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I told him that he should never tell anyone they are too heavy. lol Honestly, mom thinks me and Mark have lost it. She laughs at us because he really is like our child and we baby him so bad. grin

#259174 Jan 26th, 2009 at 09:51 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
nah--you have not lost it. Ya gotta take care of him---he can't take care of himself. And the joy he gives to the 2 of you in return is well worth it, I am sure. thumbup

________

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,871
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image